Page 982 of 998 FirstFirst ... 482882932972979980981982983984985992 ... LastLast
Results 19,621 to 19,640 of 19941

Thread: Mercato Team (Ausilio, Marotta, & Co), Mercato Strategies, The Future & The Past

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

When Jonathan and Rocchi conjured up the best Inter goal scored in the last 5-7 years, then you know how uncreative we look on the pitch. More of that, less of crossing when there is a well positioned defence.
    Quote Originally Posted by JJM View Post
    I couldn't care less about the thanks on a football forum lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    If Icardi is ever sold for 110m euros i'll stop watching football and promote Pimp to moderator.

Old name
    Khaled

Vatican

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    From what i can remember Mourinho was criticized for his transfers with players who did terrible his first season and in the CL not doing enough in the first year to get over the hurdle. The second season i remember playing good counter-attacking football and the ability to grind out games or even play to come back from losses, even if that didn't happen all the time with the 3-1 defeat being an example of that but the point was at least the team played till the end. But i definitely don't remember the games themselves or specific details, or specific goals for that matter, in the CL i remember more of that though.

3. Thanks (1): Steevee

Fav. Player
    Miranda

Italy

Sporting directors spend most of their time watching players from all over the world. Coaches don't, they spend their time coaching and managing the team.

As over-simplistic as it may sound, this is why even the best coaches tend to fail when left with the task of choosing whom to buy.

Mancini is one of the few exceptions, he's very good at finding the talents (not as brilliant in coaching though).
    My username has nothing to do with the player of loserpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel

5. Thanks (4): AbdiWirajaya, GenDire, MVD, yoszee

Fav. Player
    Mancini

Trinidad & Tobago

45 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by firmino View Post
    Sporting directors spend most of their time watching players from all over the world. Coaches don't, they spend their time coaching and managing the team.

As over-simplistic as it may sound, this is why even the best coaches tend to fail when left with the task of choosing whom to buy.

Mancini is one of the few exceptions, he's very good at finding the talents (not as brilliant in coaching though).
    Mancini has just as much failures as "finding" talents....
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    In what way is the rivalry with Juventus and Milan different?

ďThere is no comparison. On one hand, we have a duel within the city, a constant and direct confrontation. On the other, we have a historical hostility. Sportingly speaking, the real enemy is Juventus.Ē

7. Thanks (1): Wings

Fav. Player
    Baggio

Bulgaria

According to Indiscreto.info, there could be a major shakeup in management in the coming months. It is being reported that Giuseppe Marotta is not happy with how things are going when it comes to the sporting project of the club. Looking back to last summer, seven large contracts were signed and only two of which can be considered positive (Politano, De Vrij). Meaning: the fans should not be surprised if in the next few months, Inter find themselves without Ausilio and Gardini, the position of Zanetti should also be adjusted.

In this case, Lele Oriali is the number one candidate to return to the Nerazzurri as some sort of manager to stay close to the team. He is a friend with both Antonio Conte and Jose Mourinho. However, at 67 years old, perhaps it is best for Oriali to stay at a good environment like the Italian national team where he can work quietly up to the World Cup in 2022.

Certainly, a relatively young executive will arrive, one that will not compromise the ďsystem.Ē The ideal identikit is that of Riccardo Pecini who has been a general director at Empoli after an interesting career that is largely centered around scouting at Fiorentina, Tottenham, Sampdoria (where he brought Skriniar, Schick and Icardi), Milan and Monaco.

Source: Indiscreto.info/FedeNerazzurra
    I'm glad Marotta is looking into it. Not too happy about "adjusting" Zanetti's position though. VP is basically a diplomatic role perfectly suited for a club legend.
    Inter is an artistic venture, almost poetic. It is capable of provoking immense, unreachable joy and bitter disappointment. Itís never done by half-measures.
    For me, Inter is the opening to new worlds and courage. Itís a strong passion, a marvellous illness. You can put up with the weaknesses and admire the courage, the same way you would with a son.
    ó Massimo Moratti

Fav. Player
    Miranda

Italy

I hope the stars are aligned for the return of oriali. I have unlimited trust in him, he's the guy we need for our mercato and he truly cares for Inter. He was there during the best years and I'm deeply sure he was the mind behind most of the best deals.

Unlike most of you, I wouldn't necessarily fire ausilio, I don't think he's bad, as long as he sticks with the leg work.
    My username has nothing to do with the player of loserpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel

10. Thanks (5): AbdiWirajaya, Devious, Dylan, MVD, yoszee

Bulgaria

Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobblz View Post
    that of Riccardo Pecini who has been a general director at Empoli
    I've read somewhere that Pecini found Mbappe or at least got him in Monaco. He also had important role in acquiring of Modric in Tottenham. If we can get him will be huge move.

12. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, yoszee

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Italy

Pecini, Oriali and Marotta sounds like a dream. Iím also happy to keep Ausilio, he can do good work especially when well supervised.
    Inter Banter Era; 2011-2018 Mudingayi, Schelotto, Rocchi Gone but not forgotten

14. Thanks (1): Dylan

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    There's an interesting article on the net about Riccardo Pecini. The article is almost two years old so it doesn't include any details about his Empoli spell.

RICCARDO PECINI – “THE TALENT SCOUT WITH A THOUSAND EYES”
    Riccardo Pecini, the man described as the “talent scout with a thousand eyes” has been hugely successful in every role he has undertaken. The Italian has been overseeing projects for over fifteen years as an international scout and, in more recent years, a technical director and head of recruitment. Whilst his father scouted for Inter, Lazio and Parma among others, famously bringing free agent Julio Cesar from Flamengo to Milan; his brother, Nicola, was also known in the Serie A spectrum for cataloguing footballers and sending his documents to Italian clubs whilst also being an agent. The successes of those close to him only served to spurn Riccardo Pecini on, a man who has achieved so much in the background for clubs who have seen great triumphs using his springboard.

Pecini started out at Fiorentina amidst testing times. Months before his arrival Fiorentina had filed for bankruptcy and, as such, the club was relegated to Serie C2 after changing its name as punishment for their severe financial troubles. Two years and two promotions later they were back in Serie A via a play-off victory. Pecini and the club knew they had to strengthen to survive and did so, the scout helping them to identify Hidetoshi Nakata, Giorgio Chiellini, Fabrizio Miccoli and Tomas Ujfalusi. Fiorentina stayed up on goal difference as Pecini boarded a plane to London, having learned his trade in the most pressured of environments.

At Tottenham Hotspur and in the United Kingdom Pecini found the quality of youth football impressive but the finances not quite matching, “The current rules allow certain deals, but Tottenham were offering the minimum, a bit higher than the Italians, but nothing great.” Pecini was placed in charge of international scouting again but focused mainly on Southern Europe and the Balkans for his three years in the English Capital; Luka Modric, Niko Kranjcar and Vedran Corluka were signed as Pecini matched the clubs record transfer fee with confidence.

A return to Italy with Sampdoria was to be short lived but eventful nonetheless. His first season saw the club finish fourth but the following season saw an eventual relegation, Sampdoria not adapting well to Champions League football and the loss of both Giampaolo Pazzini and Antonio Cassano to Inter and Milan respectively. Their relegation to Serie B however allowed more time for the development of Simone Zaza and for Mauro Icardi to join the first team, both forwards signed by Pecini for the Primavera. A year long spell with Milan after this relegation was just a stepping stone as Riccardo Pecini called upon an old friend Tor-Kristian Karlsen, then managing director of Monaco in the French second division.

Monaco had just been introduced to Dmitry Rybolovlev’s billions and Claudio Ranieri was leading the charge back up to Ligue 1. Pecini was given more responsibility than ever, managing the training centre and conversing with the medical staff and board of directors. Pecini was the head of 12 scouts based in South America, Eastern Europe and France; paving the way for Monaco who still operate in this style. Radamel Falcao was a big name but Geoffrey Kondogbia and Kylian Mbappe were shrewd signings that Monaco turned into performance and profit. On Mbappe, Pecini said “We took him to the youth, we paid a small sum to overcome PSG and Inter.” Despite leaving in 2014 Monaco went on to win the league in 2017 using the same principles of scouting he helped to instil.

Pecini’s Monegasque achievements were noticed at an old club. When Massimo Ferrero bought Sampdoria in June 2014 he had a clear vision for the future of the club and who he wanted to drive his project forward. Antonio Rai, Carlo Osti and Riccardo Pecini were all persuaded by his enigmatic charm and signed up for life in Genoa. The plan was set out early on, a business model similar to Udinese’s ‘scout well, buy low, sell high’. Pecini had operated in this regard before at Monaco and Sampdoria previously, more than understanding the task at hand; “We must understand the context in which we must operate. Our search perspective is to build a team composed mostly by young people who can develop and secure a future in both sports and economical aspects.” The job of identifying talent, developing them and selling them whilst not losing the balance of the team and whilst continually driving the club forward is possibly the toughest in football but Pecini excels, citing Empoli as an example who have had Skorupski, Hysaj, Tonelli, Rugani, Rui, Paredes, Saponara, Zielinski and Maurizio Sarri in recent years despite relegation last season.

Pecini worked quickly signing and replacing with swift ease and, despite fan concerns, constantly improving the side. In the summer Sampdoria lost key members in the form of Bruno Fernandes, Patrik Schick, Milan Skriniar and Luis Muriel but many see them stronger this season than last. Just as Obiang, Correa, Eder, Soriano and Gabbiadinni before them, Pecini had replaced with young quality who quickly made fans forget past heroes and made board members rub their hands as profit rolled in.

Despite a thriving scouting network Pecini still travels hundreds of miles to follow dozens of games every week across all levels of football and is seeking further advancements, wanting to use Africa as a scouting resource and broaden his psychological horizons to get into the heads of those he identifies.

In June of this year De Laurentiis, the Napoli chairman with a new focus on youth, wanted to poach Pecini from Sampdoria but Pecini for now has stood firm. Icardi, Mbappe and Schick are at the top of a long list displaying just how effective Pecini is but Calcio Mercato sum up his abilities perfectly, “Sampdoria has a true champion at home. One of the best in Italy in his role but we do not speak of Torreira, or Skriniar, or Schick. Let’s talk about who identified these players, discovered them, followed them, in collaboration with Carlo Osti, brought them to Sampdoria. We speak of course of Riccardo Pecini, the chief scout.”
    https://elliottmsport.wordpress.com/...thousand-eyes/

Fav. Player
    Lautaro Martine

Albania

Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by firmino View Post
    I hope the stars are aligned for the return of oriali. I have unlimited trust in him, he's the guy we need for our mercato and he truly cares for Inter. He was there during the best years and I'm deeply sure he was the mind behind most of the best deals.

Unlike most of you, I wouldn't necessarily fire ausilio, I don't think he's bad, as long as he sticks with the leg work.
    Why do we keep Ausilio? He is incompetent and inefficient. Gardini seems to add nothing to Inter. So getting rid of these two would be the right thing to do.

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

United States

Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    As for my memory, I have this stupid trait of remembering shit from when I was 5 or 12 but can't remember if I checked the fridge 2 minutes ago or what I had to eat two nights before.
    Not for nothing, but I can strongly relate to this. My memory works in baseball much more than football, so it's not something I get a chance to do around here, but there's a good chance that if you picked out a random date between April and September, going back to 2009, and asked me about who the Yankees played that day, that I could get it right. Yet sometimes I leave my residence and then immediately have to turn back around because I don't remember for certain if locked the door or not...subconscious actions are easy to forget because, well, they're subconscious for a reason.

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Transfer Guru
    If we can't hire Pecini, just sack Ausilio and hire the guy from Elazıgspor. We can't fix a fucking fax machine, I can't even imagine the kind of planning it took to pull this off!!

Turkish club Elazığspor had a transfer ban up until 2 hours before the January transfer window closed.

They signed 22 players in 2 hours

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Kramerica Industries View Post
    Not for nothing, but I can strongly relate to this. My memory works in baseball much more than football, so it's not something I get a chance to do around here, but there's a good chance that if you picked out a random date between April and September, going back to 2009, and asked me about who the Yankees played that day, that I could get it right. Yet sometimes I leave my residence and then immediately have to turn back around because I don't remember for certain if locked the door or not...subconscious actions are easy to forget because, well, they're subconscious for a reason.
    Actually that's a habitual trait and that's something that you do when your brain is on snooze, which is most of the time. Which is also why we misplace various things and "can't remember" what we saw the first time we opened the fridge door. It's because we're on auto-pilot

Fav. Player
    Miranda

Italy

Don't believe what brehme1989 says: it's science that the third or fourth time you open the fridge there's twice as much food than the first time.

21. Thanks (3): MVD, Wobblz, yoszee

Fav. Player
    Lautaro Martine

Albania

Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluenine View Post
    If we can't hire Pecini, just sack Ausilio and hire the guy from Elazıgspor. We can't fix a fucking fax machine, I can't even imagine the kind of planning it took to pull this off!!
    Inter should hire him (the Elazıgspor guy). With his efficiency and Marotta's wisdom, experience and connections, Inter will be a formidable club.

Fav. Player
    Ronaldo

Kuwait

Man if that report is true I’m loving Marotta already!! It’s about time we change this rotten environment, get rid of useless personnel and bring in some fresh blood!

24. Thanks (1): Palacio

Italy

Great report as usual by the cult blog "Indiscreto".
    The name of Riccardo Pecini as a possible replacement for the Highlander Ausilio is a calciomercato bomb and director Stefano Olivari (journalist, author and most of all fellow interista) beat the mainstream media to the punch.
    According to the same article, Mourinho was indeed at the Principe di Savoia Hotel in Milan Wednesday night and he met someone.
    Olivari mentions a totally reliable source who saw JosŤ with his own eyes, and a second-hand witness confirmed that Mendes was in Milan in the same hours, but everything else is labeled as pure speculation, especially when there are safer places and cities for Marotta to hold meetings, unless there's some kind of agenda.
    His sensation, as things stand: Conte continues to be the first choice of Marotta.

Well, another journalist in Franco Rossi (Stefano just published a book about him) used to provoke and say: "Football would be the most beautiful game... if only there weren't the actual matches". Let's hope the aphorism won't fit today (back to Parma-Inter).

26. Thanks (4): AbdiWirajaya, Devious, Il Drago, MVD

Fav. Player
    Ibra_Deki_Mtrix

Romania

55 10 years of FIF
    GdS is already linking Ausilio with Roma to replace Monchi in summer.. might be just speculation based on the above-mentioned source.

Roma and its current sporting director Monchi could go separate ways at the end of the season. This is according to the Gazzetta dello Sport Nicolo Schira: if the Spaniard decided to leave the capital city, a sort of casting would take place and several names would be involved, from the possible return of Walter Sabatini to Massimiliano Mirabelli to the current Inter director Piero Ausilio and that of Fiorentina Pantaleo Corvino.

#RiPrendiRafinha + #PrendiNicolÚBarella

NULLA … IMPOSSIBILE PER QUESTA SQUADRA! PAZZA INTER AMALA * FORZA INTER PER SEMPRE

28. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, Palacio

Fav. Player
    Ronaldo

Kuwait

I expect an overhaul this coming summer. We will be finally free of SA, bring in Picini and I want to see Cambiasso as a part of coaching staff. Anyone from midfield up bar Brozovic should leave. Bring in Dybala and a worldclass midfielder.

I'm loving Marotta's moves so far. A strong team needs a strong management. No more ausilioesque pussy moves. Enough is enough!

Finally something to be excited about...

30. Thanks (2): Pravesh, yoszee

Fav. Player
    Ibra_Deki_Mtrix

Romania

55 10 years of FIF
    Let`s keep our feet on the ground: I`m willing to bet we won`t sign Dybala, at least not straight from juBentus...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post
    I'm loving Marotta's moves so far. A strong team needs a strong management. No more ausilioesque pussy moves. Enough is enough!

Finally something to be excited about...

#RiPrendiRafinha + #PrendiNicolÚBarella

NULLA … IMPOSSIBILE PER QUESTA SQUADRA! PAZZA INTER AMALA * FORZA INTER PER SEMPRE