Page 1167 of 1176 FirstFirst ... 1676671067111711571164116511661167116811691170 ... LastLast
Results 23,321 to 23,340 of 23511

Thread: Mercato Team (Ausilio, Marotta, & Co), Mercato Strategies, The Future & The Past

United States

10 years of FIF
    Don’t we have the young Belgium dude with knee issues coming back? That can’t help fit that youngster like Bastoni spot

2. Thanks (3): Bluenine, Il Drago, MVD

Fav. Player
    Inter Milan
    Old name
    EEeyOO

Burundi

Quote Originally Posted by thatdude View Post
    Don’t we have the young Belgium dude with knee issues coming back? That can’t help fit that youngster like Bastoni spot
    Vasilios mentioned him, his name is Vanheusden but I thought he was sold?
    Quote Originally Posted by .h. View Post
    i think you've forgotten the creative genius that was a midfield of Zanetti-Vieira-Cambiasso with Stankovic in front
    tiki-whati
    Quote Originally Posted by Provenzano View Post
    I think we should say - Skriniar Milan, because Milan should be in second place.

4. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Doina Turcanu

Virgin Islands

69 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Candreva Crosses View Post
    Vasilios mentioned him, his name is Vanheusden but I thought he was sold?
    he was sold but we had some kind of gentlemen agreement ala pinamonti.
    FC INTERNAZIONALE
    BHENCHODS OF THE WORLD

South Korea

Donít we have the young Belgium dude with knee issues coming back? That canít help fit that youngster like Bastoni spot
    Seems like he could be another perma-crocked player. Two major knee injuries already. Which is a shame since reports about him have been very positive and looks like we have to buy him back anyway for an inflated fee.

Fav. Player
    Kolarov

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member Most Diverse Poster
    €40m spent on gentlemen's buybacks for Pinamonti and Vanheusden

Here's a fun fact: that Greek kid Vagiannidis, who we signed from Panathinaikos (thankfully for free), has apparently played exactly two minutes of football, in 5 months, since going on loan to Sint-Truiden, who are ranked 15th in the Belgian League (out of 18 teams).

Another fantastic youth signing.
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

Į\_(ツ)_/Į

Fav. Player
    Ronaldo

Europe

9 10 years of FIF
    We signed someone called Vagina?!
    Ajax just thrashed Juve!! Fuck whoever uses the 'experience' excuse for signing bunch of mediocre 30+ year olds who do nothing other than laying in the treatment room and demanding high wages.

9. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, Batman

Fav. Player
    Nicolooo

Falkland Islands

0 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Let's not fret over too much on these youth or gentlemen agreements. Sure a lot of them may not work, but some of them will. And they will make most of them worth it in the financial sense. That's how investing works.
    IO SONO INTERISTA

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

10 years of FIF Most Optimistic Member Transfer Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    €40m spent on gentlemen's buybacks for Pinamonti and Vanheusden
    Inter mercato team have great customer service. We sell some products like Pinamonti with return anytime money back guarantee. Some products like Vanheusden we sell with a lifelong warrantee upto 200% value of the product.

However when we buy, we do the opposite. Like the reverse warrantee we had on Sensi - if the product breaks, we will pay full amount.

12. Thanks (3): BUCHROM, Palacio, WLEXT

Fav. Player
    Barella, Hakimi

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    These gentlemen agreements are beneficial for us because the return we get is the plusvalenza at the sale year. That plusvalenza has allowed us not to sell our most priced assets.

It's like kicking the can down the road further and further. And it's all just fine. Thing is to figure out what to do when the next moment for the kick comes to us.

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Best Football Poster
    To be fair with Vanheusden, hadn't it been for his injuries he would definitely be worth it. He has impressed so far in Belgium and he has also shown leadership skills. The main concern about him is his injury history. He already has 2 ACL injuries at the age of 21.

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

Quote Originally Posted by vasilios View Post
    "Youngsters like Bastoni"

Easier said than done. We spent 30 mil on him, he wasn't some no-cost youth product. Pinamonti was one of the most promising youth players we've had in a while and he can't even sniff the pitch.
    By "youngsters like Bastoni", I suspect OC was being sarcastic. When I said a "quality, young back up CB", my expectations were a bit lower. For example, take our last game against Torino, they play with young Brazilian defender Bremer at LCB. Based on what I have seen of him in the last two seasons, he could be a good candidate for a back up role at Inter. It would be a big improvement on Kolarov. If we aspire to compete for 3 trophies, we need back ups like these so that we can rotate a bit.

This is just an example. Of course, as I said a the beginning of that post, this is only assuming our finances are sorted out. Even in this climate, a player like Bremer would not come cheap. But if we have the funds and the ambition to compete at 3 fronts, I am sure we can scare up a few suitable options like Bremer.
    Last edited by Bluenine; 17 Mar 21 at 11:02.

16. Thanks (3): AbdiWirajaya, Il Drago, Palacio

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

Argentina

Davide Bettella is a youngster like Bastoni. He is captain of Italia youth FFS

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

Quote Originally Posted by Nerazzurri_Ninja View Post
    Davide Bettella is a youngster like Bastoni. He is captain of Italia youth FFS
    Maybe, I do hear good things about him. Inter have a buy back option on him, right?

19. Thanks (1): magnesium

Fav. Player
    Inter1-0Wanda
    Old name
    browha

Europe

25 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    hes not played in like 2 monthhs for monza, tbh.

the problem with the youth squads isi that, e.g., crisetig was a record breaking yout hplayer for italy. the guy is barely a professional footballer now unfortunately

vanheusden could be the real deal, but until other kids get some serie a experience (And by that, i actually mean a decent amount by 20-22), im not hohlding my breath

21. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, magnesium

United States

10 years of FIF
    What about Lorenzo Pirola? Has he been getting more playing time in Serie B the second half of the season?

Nevermind, just looked it up. Looks like he’s played 6 times for 483 minutes.

23. Thanks (3): AbdiWirajaya, magnesium, MVD

Fav. Player
    J.Zanetti

Serbia

I hope we won't need to sell our best players this summer cause this team really has huge potential for next couple of seasons.

We would definitely be stronger if we can bring starting GK and LWB.

Fav. Player
    Barella, Hakimi

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    What about Lorenzo Pirola? Has he been getting more playing time in Serie B the second half of the season?

Nevermind, just looked it up. Looks like he’s played 6 times for 483 minutes.
    That's still totally okay. He's only 19.

6 times on the pitch (5x 90mins) and before yesterday's beating of 1-4, while Pirola played, Monza hadn't conceded a single goal.

Fav. Player
    Chuchu

United States

6 times on the pitch is not much considering the season already going for 3/4. 6 times in serie-B is even more sad.

not saying that he do not have the future, but possibly we still need to loan him to serie-a or serie-b team for another season before he can be a backup in our team.

Is andreoli stil play?

27. Thanks (1): AbdiWirajaya

Fav. Player
    Ibra_Deki_Mtrix

Romania

55 10 years of FIF
    The deal for Hakimi was done for €40m, to be paid to Real Madrid over four instalments, plus up to €5m in bonuses.

“The player himself made the decision to go to Inter,” agent Alejandro Camano told Calciomercato.it.

“Already two or three years ago, Piero Ausilio had spoken to us about the opportunity of bringing him to Milan.

“After his spell at Borussia Dortmund, that interest was renewed and Hakimi decided to come to Inter.”
    Quote Originally Posted by Nothing View Post
    Plan B please
    NULLA … IMPOSSIBILE PER QUESTA SQUADRA! FORZA INTER PER SEMPRE

29. Thanks (3): AbdiWirajaya, eduzee, MVD

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

Quote Originally Posted by Bluenine View Post
    Assuming the ownership issue is sorted satisfactorily, we need some investment this summer to compete in Europe. A minimum of 4 players IMO:

1. A Hakimi-level buy at LWB, get rid of Young

2. A midfielder to replace Sensi & Vecino. Locatelli would be my preferred option.

3. Vice Lukaku

4. A quality, young backup CB

4 quality players should give us enough rotation options to complete at all fronts. We can get rid of some baggage like Young, Vecino, Sensi (sadly), Pinamonti, and if possible Kolarov.
    I am bored, so lets kick up the mercato debate. This is assuming that our financial situation is sorted and we are able to spend 60-70m on the mercato, I would like this:

IN: Gosens (30-40m?), Locatelli (30m), Marega (free), Maksimovic (free)

OUT: Young, Vecino, Sensi, Kolarov & Pinamonti

Tried to keep the spending low, so couple of free transfers in Marega & Maksimovic. If there is one position I would prefer Inter to splurge, its LWB. Gosens would be perfect and he has expressed a desire to leave Atalanta. If not, Kostic would be a decent option too. I also like Locatelli, he could help us rotate both Eriksen and Brozovic. 30m is a great price for his talent. Maksimovic isn't ideal, but he is available on a free and is versatile to cover all 3 CB roles, though best suited as Skriniar's back up.

So the squad would look like:

Martinez (Sanchez) - Lukaku (Marega)
    Gosens (Perisic) - Eriksen (Locatelli) - Brozovic (Gagliardini)- Barella (Vidal) - Hakimi (Darmian)
    Bastoni (D'Ambrosio) - De Vrij (Ranocchia) - Skriniar (Maksimovic)
    Handanovic (Radu, Padelli)

That looks like a more complete squad which has sufficient quality rotation to compete in all 3 fronts. If by chance we have a bit more dirty oil money to spend, I would prefer a better, younger defender than Maksimovic. Also maybe replacing Vidal with someone like De Paul.

What would you guys do assuming we have new ownership and have a limited budget to upgrade the squad? Would you target the same positions for upgrade, and what players would you go for?