Page 1171 of 1176 FirstFirst ... 1716711071112111611168116911701171117211731174 ... LastLast
Results 23,401 to 23,420 of 23511

Thread: Mercato Team (Ausilio, Marotta, & Co), Mercato Strategies, The Future & The Past

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

10 years of FIF Most Optimistic Member Transfer Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Il Drago View Post
    Did he ever have any? If he cared about winning he wouldn't have stayed for so many years at Roma. Nainggolan seens to be the type of a player who prefers being the top dog at a team than being just a part of a group that wins trophies.
    Nainggolan did show hunger and ambition till 2018. He used to be a livewire on the pitch. He turned down Juve coz he hated them, thats a personality trait. But apart from that, he showed hunger and ambition for his club and country every day on the pitch. I haven't really seen that drive from him since WC 2018, and I don't think that is a coincidence. I think him not making the Belgium squad for the World Cup killed his hunger, looks like he mentally retired from football ever since. Our timing of the move was shite. Now, like you rightly said, he seems content with playing big fish in small pond where he is treated like a star and people are happy with moments of brilliance.

2. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, Il Drago

Fav. Player
    Ibra_Deki_Mtrix

Romania

55 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by varmin View Post
    I can see Locatelli easily goes in Conte's line up instead of Eriksen. He is Italian, good defensively and has solid physically as well. It's Conte's wet dream. The problem is how we'll buy him as the asking fee will be 40mln at least, I guess.
    Conte`s wet dream is Kante and we know Chel$ki will do everything possible to block it.

Agree with NetworkZ, just extend Brozovic, he is very good if he has the right players around him. He covers a lot of ground and matches our dynamic style of play, quickly starting the counters with the right distribution.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nothing View Post
    Plan B please
    NULLA É IMPOSSIBILE PER QUESTA SQUADRA! FORZA INTER PER SEMPRE

4. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Eyjafjallajökul

Serbia

Forum Supporter
    Rube are way ahead in their effort to get Locatelli.

If Eriksen does continue to be the 1st choice then our starting midfield is set and there's no room for a Locatelli.

We need a LWB and a deeper bench and we are good to go. Assuming Conte is staying and we don't implode financially.

6. Thanks (3): AbdiWirajaya, CafeCordoba, _OC_

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

Quote Originally Posted by Strale View Post
    Rube are way ahead in their effort to get Locatelli.

If Eriksen does continue to be the 1st choice then our starting midfield is set and there's no room for a Locatelli.

We need a LWB and a deeper bench and we are good to go. Assuming Conte is staying and we don't implode financially.

8. Thanks (1): wera

Comoros

Has anyone ever thought of the tactical benefits of signing alaba? . Yeah, he is demanding too high wages but he can be of great benefit for us due to his versatility. If we sign him he should be our starting left wing back, at the same time he can slot in for bastoni backup whenever he is injured or needs rest while perisic adequately fills the lwb back role, also, Alaba can be the backup to our MDF since he can slot in for eriksen at LCM, and I think, with his abilities he can slot in as backup for de vrij. In Alaba we will have the utility player that most top teams nowadays have (Adding ucl experience on top of that). If we get him signed, we have achieved our most required transfer target for the upcoming summer, the starting lwb, backup CMF and CB all in one shot and at zero transfer cost. We will be able to kill 3 or 4 birds with one stone. BOOM

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Netherlands

And which bank you want to rob to make this happen?

11. Thanks (2): magnesium, MVD

Italy

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Materazzi_23 View Post
    It's the Ottoman Empire. He'd just raise the taxes.
    <<Gli scudetti è giusto vincerli sul campo>> Antonio Conte on Calciopoli

Peppino Prisco facci un gol

Comoros

Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    It's the Ottoman Empire. He'd just raise the taxes.
    Lol. You would've found the answer if you had used common sense.

Firstly, we all know that we need a starting lwb, backup CMF and lcb/ccb, making up 5 players. Now instead of wasting an amount of transfer fee and wages on atleast 3 of these roles for mediocre unproven players, we could divert that money and spend it on proven player like Alaba who can fill atleast 3 of these roles then fill up the remainig 2 spots with our youngsters doing well out on loan. The benefit is that we could fill up the homegrown requirement for ucl and this will enable us give our youngsters playing time, something which we've not done for a long time. The biggest risk is that these young players may not adequate slot in well, but we still have other options (rano, dambrosio perisic).
    In a nutshell, rather then spend 40 million transfer fee on kostic or gosens+ 5m yearly wages for 4years, 2.5million yearly wages on mediocre maksimovic or whoever for 4years, 15to 20m transfer fee + 3-4m for 3-4years wages on another midfielder (making up 85 to 100m), its better to give Alaba (a proven top player) the 9-10m euros he is demanding and bring back gravillon or pirola for nothing+ 1.5m at most for 5 year salary, then extend ranocchia's contract without increasing much of his salary, this operation won't cost more than 70m, we've saved a lot.

Fav. Player
    Eyjafjallajökul

Serbia

Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluenine View Post
    Too expensive for a bench player imo and reportedly way too qualified

15. Thanks (1): magnesium

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by Ottoman empire View Post
    Lol. You would've found the answer if you had used common sense.

this operation won't cost more than 70m, we've saved a lot.
    Yes great story but if we talking about common sense, you do know we don't have any money to spend right?

So it's a bit funny you tell me to use my common sense if you say in the same post that the operation won't cost us more than 70M as we don't even have 7M to spend this summer.

But yeah other than that great plan.

17. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Inter1-0Wanda
    Old name
    browha

Europe

25 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    even if you cana logic into 'the waages are ok because he covers 4 spots', the bigger problem is that he smashes our wage structure. Will Lukaku, Lautaro, Bastoni, Barella, etc, be happy making half of what that guy makes? Probably not.

19. Thanks (1): CafeCordoba

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Denmark

10 years of FIF
    It seems inevitable that we will sell at least one player from our starting XI this summer - most likely it will be two.

Hopefully it will suffice with Eriksen and some semi-deadwood, but it seems more and more likely it will be in the Lukaku / Skriniar calibre, and Vidal, Vecino, Gagliardini and the likes will stay until their contracts run out.
    PLUR

21. Thanks (1): Bluenine

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

This is what I said, if we don't find a rich owner willing to invest, we are in trouble this summer. The way its looking so far, the prime candidates for a sale this summer are Lukaku, Martinez, Skriniar or Barella. I would hate to see any of them go.

Fuck Sunning and Fuck China if this happens.

23. Thanks (1): eduzee

Canada

I also wouldn’t be surprised if it ends up being Hakimi. I think Barella is generally safe - seems like he’s be the last one we sell.

25. Thanks (1): Pajo

Comoros

Yes great story but if we talking about common sense, you do know we don't have any money to spend right?

So it's a bit funny you tell me to use my common sense if you say in the same post that the operation won't cost us more than 70M as we don't even have 7M to spend this summer.

But yeah other than that great plan.
    I know that we don't have money to spend which is why I propsed that deal, that's zero transfer cost which perfectly suits our current economic situation, and remember that what made up the 70m is the accumulation of wages over the players contract not transfer fee and we all know that the total wages over x years for an employee are not paid straight away like a transfer fee. Unless that it's a situation where apart from transfer budget, we don't have a salary budget to sign players and if that's the case then we shouldn't be talking of maksimovic and other bosman players, in fact we shouldn't be in this thread throughout this summer, the media shouldn't speculate or post news about incoming signings if you understand what am trying to say

Fav. Player
    Barella, Hakimi

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Alaba will get a nice signing bonus and the agent demands a big commission. He's already Real bound and he always wanted to go to play in Spain. It's nowhere near free transfer. Net salary will be 12m€.

Like .h. pointed out, giving huge salary to a new player will have consequences inside the squad. So one can't just dump the money allocated to transfer fee to a free agent's salary who demands 12m€ net per season. It has consequences. Other salaries go up too and then will be just even more expensive.

And, Alaba has always wanted to play in Spain so all this talk is just fantasy. He's Real bound already.

28. Thanks (1): ADRossi

Fav. Player
    Don't have one.

Bosnia Herzegovina

Quote Originally Posted by Bluenine View Post
    This is what I said, if we don't find a rich owner willing to invest, we are in trouble this summer. The way its looking so far, the prime candidates for a sale this summer are Lukaku, Martinez, Skriniar or Barella. I would hate to see any of them go.

Fuck Sunning and Fuck China if this happens.
    Who would you sacrifice if push comes to shove?

My picks would be skriniar and lautaro just cus imo out of all sacrificable players those two would be easiest to replace. Another pick would be eriksen but i m not sure how much we can get for him.

Fav. Player
    Darmian

Italy

94 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by vex View Post

My picks would be skriniar and lautaro just cus imo out of all sacrificable players those two would be easiest to replace. Another pick would be eriksen but i m not sure how much we can get for him.
    I don't understand the argument that Martinez would be easy to replace.

31. Thanks (2): CafeCordoba, MVD

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Denmark

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by vex View Post

I also think Lukaku would in theory be easier to replace than Martinez. Martinez has a rare combination of technical abiities and aggressiveness that will be impossible to replace directly.

However, he would be able to fetch a higher price than Lukaku, which might mean that we don't need to sell another important player.

In all honesty, if we would sell Hakimi and Eriksen and be safe + able to invest further in the squad, I wouldn't mind too much. Obviously it would be preferable to keep the squad intact, but that seems unlikely.
    PLUR

Fav. Player
    difensa

Europe

73 10 years of FIF
    Skriniar is not replacable at this point. Him and Barella are part of the main core for present and future. They would probably refuse to leave anyway.