Page 1174 of 1176 FirstFirst ... 174674107411241164117111721173117411751176 LastLast
Results 23,461 to 23,480 of 23511

Thread: Mercato Team (Ausilio, Marotta, & Co), Mercato Strategies, The Future & The Past

Italy

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by magnesium View Post
    Brozovic covered most grounds in Serie A too. Best cross accuracy in Europe's top five leagues this season : Marcelo Brozovic - 39.2%
    Is that only from open play?
    <<Gli scudetti č giusto vincerli sul campo>> Antonio Conte on Calciopoli

Peppino Prisco facci un gol

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Best Football Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by wera View Post
    As much as Brozo does for Inter, who cares? It's not like he is the only player in the world that can play in that position. We missed on selling Perišić, we lost money on Nainggolan - let's be smart and sell Brozo before he gets progressively worse.

If we can sell Brozo and get Locatelli for similar money, that is shrewd business. As good as Brozo is on his best day, just remember how unbelievably shit he is when he is having a bad day. It's always a risk getting new players, yet good players are always on a come up.
    Plus we need to take into consideration his contract situation. We aren't talking about someone who's tied to Inter with a long term contract. He has only one year left in his contract and he's reportedly asking for 4.5-5m to extend his contract. If he gets it, he's going to start for Inter at least for the next 3 years. Do we really want that? I am not arguing we should or shouldn't keep him. Just putting the situation in perspective.

3. Thanks (3): eduzee, MVD, wera

Fav. Player
    Doina Turcanu

Virgin Islands

69 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by magnesium View Post
    neighbors grass always looks greener

Brozovic cannot replaced with Locatelli. This guy criminally underrated, without him, Inter is not Inter.

Brozovic same as Casemiro for Madrid. Take him out, and you know the difference.. But who takes the credits for Madrid, Kroos and Modric of course.

Brozovic covered most grounds in Serie A too. Best cross accuracy in Europe's top five leagues this season : Marcelo Brozovic - 39.2%
    Take him out and you know the difference? Obviously. He plays in the most vital role of the current Conte's system. However, he is important because there isn't other options to play that role. Brozovic's role is a perfect one for Locatelli and Locatelli will do a better job.

Where does that 39.2% come from?
    FC INTERNAZIONALE
    BHENCHODS OF THE WORLD

Fav. Player
    Barella, Hakimi

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Il Drago View Post
    Plus we need to take into consideration his contract situation. We aren't talking about someone who's tied to Inter with a long term contract. He has only one year left in his contract and he's reportedly asking for 4.5-5m to extend his contract. If he gets it, he's going to start for Inter at least for the next 3 years. Do we really want that? I am not arguing we should or shouldn't keep him. Just putting the situation in perspective.
    This is what I brought up last summer already. Committing to Brozovic now by giving him an extension with a raise means he's gonna be the starter for the foreseaable future and now next DM purchase will be some low value one.

The issue is we need to find a buyer if we don't want to extend. And we need to get a decent return, like 25m€ or something. I doubt no one is going to pay let's say over 30m€ for him. He's 28 years old now so he's at his prime years and needs to go to play as starter to some club. Which club can it be?

Would love to get Locatelli even at the expense of Brozovic but I see this scenario highly unlikely.

Fav. Player
    Radamel Fkingco

Colombia

10 years of FIF
    Any way to not get rid of any starter? Other than Persic and Eriksen?

We have 9 really great starters. I think we can get a other season from Handa.

Winning the league, making champions league and letting players contracts expire. Not enough ? Like our bench should just be youth players. Make up the difference there.
    VAR is some serious Bullshit!

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

10 years of FIF
    Really great starters? You are only saying that because we are on course to win the league.

I'll repeat - except for our defence, I don't care who leaves, if the payola is good. Conte/Marotta and co. aren't idiots. I expect more quality signings.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    If Icardi is ever sold for 110m euros i'll stop watching football and promote Pimp to moderator.
    Quote Originally Posted by Candreva Crosses View Post
    What did Matthaus do for Inter?

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Best Football Poster
    GdS published a detailed article about Inter's plans for next season in terms of the current squad.

GK: Handanovic will stay. Radu will leave on loan. Padelli future is uncertain.

Defence: Skriniar, De Vrij and Bastoni will definitely stay. D'Ambrosio is set for an extension. It's up to Ranocchia to decide if he's staying or leaving as the management will support any decision he makes. Inter won't exercise Kolarov option. Darmian will stay

Midfield: Brozovic, Barella and Hakimi will definitely stay. Vecino will definitely be put on the market. Young will probably leave. The futures of Sensi, Gagliardini, Perisic and Vidal will be evaluated at the end of the season.

Attack: Lukaku and Lautaro will definitely stay. Sanchez will likely stay while Pinamonti will probably go on loan.

Fav. Player
    Inter1-0Wanda
    Old name
    browha

Europe

25 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    I'm slightly worried about having to get another starting midfielder this summer, if Eriksen goes. We've seen so many midfielders come and go, and really fail to hit their previous form or potential at Inter.

Who do we think we'd realistically go for? Assuming a budget of maybe 30-40mil + 5m net a season for a midfielder?

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Best Football Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by .h. View Post
    I'm slightly worried about having to get another starting midfielder this summer, if Eriksen goes. We've seen so many midfielders come and go, and really fail to hit their previous form or potential at Inter.

Who do we think we'd realistically go for? Assuming a budget of maybe 30-40mil + 5m net a season for a midfielder?
    If we sell Eriksen, we will probably go for De Paul. I sincerely hope it won't happen though. De Paul would be a decent squad player but he isn't good enough to start at Inter imo. People are going to realise it when he leaves Udinese. He is a 20-25m player at best and he certainly isn't worth 40m Udinese have been asking.

Fav. Player
    Chuchu

United States

GdS published a detailed article about Inter's plans for next season in terms of the current squad.

GK: Handanovic will stay. Radu will leave on loan. Padelli future is uncertain.

Defence: Skriniar, De Vrij and Bastoni will definitely stay. D'Ambrosio is set for an extension. It's up to Ranocchia to decide if he's staying or leaving as the management will support any decision he makes. Inter won't exercise Kolarov option. Darmian will stay

Midfield: Brozovic, Barella and Hakimi will definitely stay. Vecino will definitely be put on the market. Young will probably leave. The futures of Sensi, Gagliardini, Perisic and Vidal will be evaluated at the end of the season.

Attack: Lukaku and Lautaro will definitely stay. Sanchez will likely stay while Pinamonti will probably go on loan.
    Pretty good and reasonable I would say. I can stand Perisic/Di Marco or other decent LWB next season if it means we keep our starting eleven.

Replacing players like Broz, Bastoni, Barella, let alone Lukaku who has the most vital role in Conte's system, would not be easy. However, if there is crazy offer for starting players like Lautaro or Eriksen, I think we can consider it depends how crazy the offer is.

12. Thanks (1): Candreva Crosses

Fav. Player
    Barella, Hakimi

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    IMO De Paul can do what Eriksen does at current Inter. The thing is we cannot sell Eriksen anywhere, I'm pretty sure about that. No one is going to pay those wages.

About that GdS analysis, not a word about Eriksen.

14. Thanks (1): Candreva Crosses

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Best Football Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by CafeCordoba View Post
    IMO De Paul can do what Eriksen does at current Inter. The thing is we cannot sell Eriksen anywhere, I'm pretty sure about that. No one is going to pay those wages.

About that GdS analysis, not a word about Eriksen.
    Yeah. That was hilarious. I even had to check the original article in Italian in order to be sure there's no mention of Eriksen. I get they have no clue what we're gonna do with him but they could at least include him in the group of midfielders who are gonna play for their futures at the club in the remaining matches. It would be better than pretending he doesn't exist.

16. Thanks (2): Candreva Crosses, MVD

Bulgaria

Forum Supporter
    I want to get some like Schouten or Damsgaard in a low cost deal. I don't trust to 5G and I hope to ship him off somewhere.

18. Thanks (1): Ottoman empire

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Netherlands

Dutch media is running wild with rumours about Inter and Dutch players.

Apparently we are interested in Owen Wijndal (leftback from AZ) and Teun Koopmeiners (holding midfielder from AZ and captain).

I guess they don't know we have no money to spend so the rumours are probably coming from their agents.

Wijndal would be a good fullback, I don't know if he can play as a LWB. Koopmeiners would be a vice-Brozo but nowhere near the quality Brozo is providing.

20. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Best Football Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Materazzi_23 View Post

Apparently we are interested in Owen Wijndal (leftback from AZ) and Teun Koopmeiners (holding midfielder from AZ and captain).

I guess they don't know we have no money to spend so the rumours are probably coming from their agents.

Wijndal would be a good fullback, I don't know if he can play as a LWB. Koopmeiners would be a vice-Brozo but nowhere near the quality Brozo is providing.
    There are rumours about them in Italy as well. More serious rumours about the midfielder than the fullback.

22. Thanks (2): Materazzi_23, MVD

Fav. Player
    Ronaldo

Romania

Quote Originally Posted by varmin View Post
    I want to get some like Schouten or Damsgaard in a low cost deal. I don't trust to 5G and I hope to ship him off somewhere.
    I watched a few Samp games (like the team from Macio and Vialli days, love the city) and Darmsgaard seems pretty talented, still very raw (he is 20yo though). But he plays like a winger or SS. I don't see how he fit in Conte's system.

Poland

Quote Originally Posted by Materazzi_23 View Post

Koopmeiners seems to be great in highlights. Great set-pieces, passes, shots and he scores a lot. And I like that he is left-footed. Do you think he is not ready to Inter?

25. Thanks (1): Materazzi_23

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Netherlands

There are rumours about them in Italy as well. More serious rumours about the midfielder than the fullback.
    Yeah, there was newspaper who put a picture of his little brother on the front-page. It was about the interest of Roma in Koopmeiners, so I didn't took it seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by diamen View Post
    Koopmeiners seems to be great in highlights. Great set-pieces, passes, shots and he scores a lot. And I like that he is left-footed. Do you think he is not ready to Inter?
    He is great for the Dutch league now. In the group stage of the -21 he was arguable one of the worst performers of Holland and I have seriously doubts if he an do it outside Holland. Here you have to space and time to control the game and gave good passes etc but when the spaces getting tighter he seems to have troubles competing. The problem is in Holland you only have 6 big matches and maybe the European games to test his ability. He isn't part of the national squad so I wouldn't be convinced he will be an immediately reinforcement of our squad. I think we should not expect him to be a vice-Brozo. He would be a upgrade of Gags, but most of the members here would be that too. AZ won't sell their captain cheap (or any players) so it is quite a big risk to take on him.

Not to take anything away from him because he scores indeed a lot of goals but I think half of them are penalty's.

IF we go for a Dutch midfielder it should be Gravenberch. Yeah he will cost a lot of money but you will have 1 of the better midfielders for the next 10 years in your squad. He will be better than (fit and focussed) Pogba in a few years.

27. Thanks (3): CafeCordoba, diamen, MVD

Comoros

I don't know if I'm the only one but am not convinced about eriksen being our starting midfielder next season despite his improved form. Since he started improving, he just does things ok-ish, nothing special. Can't even remember the last time he had a goal contribution. Also, conte always sub him out. I think if we are to sign another midfielder, we should be looking for a starter rather than a backup, so eriksen can be our first sub in midfielder, a backup to both the LCM and brozovic.
    Since we are broke as Bolingbroke, I think we should go for wijnaldum, he will be a free agents, he will fits in perfectly as conte midfielder type and will add some experience to our midfield. We can even get rid of Vidal to make space for his wages

29. Thanks (1): varmin

Fav. Player
    Inter1-0Wanda
    Old name
    browha

Europe

25 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    honestly its the vision he brings us that changes the game. He might be a decent DM, playmaker, etc, but its his ability to create magic that is amazing. I've posted some videos in other threads that are examples of that nicely.

Wijnaldum unfortunately I think will be too expensive wages wise. I hear 10m net as a floated number, so 10m gross in Italy - our most expensive player. Not in itself a problem but you'd need to offset all that, and still hit our desired financial targets which is gonna be hard.

31. Thanks (1): Ottoman empire