Page 1095 of 1105 FirstFirst ... 95595995104510851092109310941095109610971098 ... LastLast
Results 21,881 to 21,900 of 22088

Thread: Mercato Team (Ausilio, Marotta, & Co), Mercato Strategies, The Future & The Past

Fav. Player
    Ibra_Deki_Mtrix

Romania

55 10 years of FIF
    Signing young players for the future is not the only transfer market policy that Giuseppe Marotta has in mind. Antonio Conte wants to win and he wants to do so as soon as possible. For this reason, the Inter’s transfer market strategy is quite clear: young players with great potential, combined with experienced veterans.

According to Sky, the names that fit this strategy for Conte and Marotta are three: Cavani, Mertens and Vidal (plus Tonali as a young prospect).

Cavani’s contract is about to expire with PSG and the player is not going to renew: Inter do like the Uruguayan striker a lot thanks to his Serie A, international experience. Same goes for the Belgian of Napoli on whom Marotta has been working on for some time.

Regarding the Chilean midfielder, everything is known in terms of his relationship with Conte and how the Inter coach sees Vidal as a true warrior. The two would gladly re-embrace each other again in Milan.
    NULLA É IMPOSSIBILE PER QUESTA SQUADRA! FORZA INTER PER SEMPRE

2. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Youth team

Canada

Yes I know its Football Italia, but they are reporting that Mertens is set to extend with Napoli.
    FORZA INTER TILL I DIE! Mi chiamo Salvatore.

4. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Pedulla reports this too.

Not a surprise if it happens. Not the first guy who pumps up his price with other offers before signing the most favourite option.

Really shame for Inter if it goes like this. Mertens would have been a perfect 3rd forward.

6. Thanks (2): DARi0, MVD

Fav. Player
    Ibra_Deki_Mtrix

Romania

55 10 years of FIF
    Well Mertens is 1 goal away from club record set by Hamsik and he is loved over there. He would be sure starter in Napoli, while here his spot is not gauranteed. Can`t say I don`t understand the decision, I am just very bitter for not benefitting of his skills. I highly value him as a player, I see him as what Cassano could have been if committed.

8. Thanks (2): CafeCordoba, MVD

Italy

Cavani, Mertens and Vidal? What is this? An MLS playoff run?

10. Thanks (2): IRR26, Strale

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Forzanerazzurri View Post
    Cavani, Mertens and Vidal? What is this? An MLS playoff run?
    Contepalla
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda

Conte uomo di merda

Vote in the OT draft you c*nts Here and here you lazy bastards

12. Thanks (1): MVD

Canada

I'm ok with a few older players mixed in with younger players who have hunger/quality (Sensi, Barella). I'd be good with one of Cavani/Mertens replacing Alexis. Definitely no to the likes of Rakitic though. Vidal I'm on the fence on. I do think he's near the end of his career but I also think he'd be good if he came here - also I love midfielders who are able to offer making runs into the box and pitch in with goals. So far Vecino is probably the only.who does that for us but he's not a good finisher and has way too many other deficiencies.

14. Thanks (2): CafeCordoba, Strale

Fav. Player
    Eyjafjallajökul

Serbia

If Conte has actually improved his scouting/transfer skills or at least is ready to listen to Marotta/Ausillo we could easily end up with a world class squad after all these transfer moves. Like a genuine top team with a coach who actually has a clue, one thing you can't take away from Conte.

I grew quite attached to Lautaro, but could get excited to see what we can do with strengthened midfield (Tonali, Vidal) and a whole year working with Conte.

16. Thanks (1): eduzee

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Transfer Guru
    I am more interested in seeing what wingbacks we buy, than midfield/striker. The wingbacks could make the real difference to our play, mainly because we have been managing with such shite ones so far, this is the area where we need a serious upgrade.

Alonso+Meunier or better, and we could start talking about a scudetto challenge.

Fav. Player
    Eyjafjallajökul

Serbia

Yeah, that's one area we really, really need someone top, at least on one side.

Squad building though is contingent on formation and we might see some changes (4 at the back maybe), especially if our transfer policy continues to branch out into seizing attractive opportunities (Eriksen, Cavani), even more if it evens out with pursuing the most suitable option.

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Issue with wingbacks is do we get enough return with the higher stake? Conte uses the WBs to work hard. Press opponent fullbacks and then cover opponent wingers so that's a shit tons of pure running. Of course one needs the wits too to be able to pull it off. But the point is, how much skill does that position requires in Conte's football?

Let's say we get Cancelo. He costs a ton. But does he provide what Conte demands? Name can be anyone from the list of most talented wingbacks / fullbacks. Generally do the most talented wingbacks provide what Conte demands? Might be the most skilled players do not fancy running up and down the flank tirelessly. Do they want to do that constant pressing when opponent fullback gets the ball like Conte instructs our wingbacks to do? In fullback position it's a little bit different as the flank is not normally fully in your responsibility area.

Surely if one can find a wingback who works like that AND possesses real ball playing skills, then that's the dream player for Conte.

20. Thanks (1): eduzee

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    According to Romano, despite the rumours from Spain Cancelo isn't a realistic target for Inter. His book value is 60m and if he was included in the deal for Lautaro the amount of cash would be significantly reduced while Marotta and Ausilio want at least 90m cash. That's also the reason Inter prefer Firpo over Semedo.
    Francesco Toldo: "Winning in this club is different; it is the satisfaction of arriving at the port after going through a storm".

22. Thanks (4): CafeCordoba, DARi0, MVD, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Yeah Cancelo was never a preference for Inter. Spanish reporters want to find "a way" to make the deal happen, but the reality is it is unlikely because of Barcelona's disastrous financial situation.

Fav. Player
    Ibra_Deki_Mtrix

Romania

55 10 years of FIF
    Auslio announced in his interview with Sky Sport Italia that ‘Werner won’t be here next season’, with the broadcaster going on to report that the Reds have the best chance of landing him.

“I’ll be honest: I’ve always liked him, we’ve been tracking him for some time,” he told Gianluca Di Marzio.
    “However, he won’t come to Inter for various reasons: there’s never been any negotiations because I know what the player wants.
    “He has a release clause, but he won’t be here next season.”

The sporting director was then asked about Cavani and Mertens, two more targets to strength the Nerazzurri’s attack next season.
    “Inter have shown that they’re always attentive to free agents. We’ve strengthened ourselves with them.
    “I’m thinking of De Vrij, Godin and Asamoah. We must always look at opportunities they present and Cavani’s one of them.
    “But for me to tell you that we’ve thought about him seriously, I’d be lying for one simple reason: we think of our attack as being composed of Lukaku and Lautaro, and then we’re weighing up Sanchez.
    “For many, he’s out of our project, but he can still be very useful. Then there’s Esposito.
    “With him we’ll assess whether it’s appropriate to let him gain experience elsewhere; we’ll think about the fourth striker, but right now Cavani’s profile isn’t a priority to improve a department that’s already strong.

“I have an excellent relationship with [Napoli sporting director Cristiano] Giuntoli and I was in touch with him very recently.
    “I don’t know if [Mertens] has signed his renewal with Napoli, but I wouldn’t be surprised if he stays there: I don’t understand all this media frenzy.”

___________Sporting director Piero Ausilio has confirmed that Inter have triggered the option to extend Ashley Young's contract and aim to keep Alexis Sanchez.

The former England international arrived in January and signed a six-month deal with an option of a further year, joining his former teammates at Manchester United, Alexis Sanchez and Romelu Lukaku.

The sporting director has now confirmed that the former England international will remain at San Siro in 2020-21 and has vowed to give Sanchez a chance to ‘prove his value’.

“I can say that we have triggered the option for Young,” he told Sky Sport Italia. “We aim to keep everyone, including Alexis Sanchez.

“He had done very well before the injury, I think of the matches against Barcelona and Sampdoria. He reminded me of the best seasons in Udine and with Arsenal.

“The he was unfortunate, but it can turn into an opportunity for him, this forced break, for him to show his value.”

___________Ausilio: 'Tonali has Inter quality'

Piero Ausilio confirms Sandro Tonali ‘has the quality to play for Inter’, he is ‘working’ to sign Georgios Vagiannidis and that Radja Nainggolan could yet stay.

In the the fourth and final part of his Sky Sport Italia interview, Ausilio revealed Inter’s interest in Vagiannidis - an 18-year-old Panathinaikos right-back with an expiring contract - and Hertha BSC winger Matheus Cunha.

“We know him [Cunha], he has some very good representatives,” revealed the sporting director.
    “Just this morning I received a message from his agent... We know the path of the player, he was already a good player at a very young age.
    “Now he’s showing his talent in the Bundesliga, so we’ll track him. As for Vagiannidis, we’re working on it.
    “He’s an opportunity for us. We’re in talks with the lad and his family, and Panathinaikos know that we are.
    “If we sign him, we’ll make him available to Conte, who will then assess [his suitability].”

The Nerazzurri have been heavily linked with Tonali, who has enjoyed a breakout season in Serie A, despite Brescia’s imminent relegation.
    “We’re aware of what it means to have an Italian soul. We think that sense of belonging can help us.
    “This year we’ve invested in Sensi and Barella, Bastoni before that, and we’ll keep making such investments.
    “The most important thing is quality and Tonali has the quality to play for Inter, although I don’t know about the price!”

Nainggolan has spent the season on loan back at Cagliari, but the Sardinians lack an option to buy the midfielder...
    “Things can change. The premise is simple: Cagliari don’t have the option to buy him outright, the player will return and he has two years left on his contract with Inter.
    “After that we’ll perform various assessments, but it’s still too early to talk about his future.”

Finally, Ausilio was asked if Arturo Vidal was still a target for his club and whether Christian Eriksen would be given time to make his mark.
    “I don't feel like making any final considerations, let alone for Vidal. Right now he’s not an opportunity for us. We already have a very strong central midfield.
    “Eriksen arrived in January and, like anyone else who arrives in January, he needs time, not just to settle on a technical level.
    “I’ve never seen a player who comes to Serie A and immediately makes the difference.
    “Think of Platini and Zidane, they’re the first two examples that spring to mind.”

25. Thanks (4): MVD, Strale, thatdude, vex

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Interesting interview indeed. There is some strategical aspect in this kind of "honest" interview for sure. He lays some ground for the future and reveals some things which are not real valuable information (like Werner). And then it wouldn't be a real sporting director interview with a pinch of bullshit. For sure we are after Cavani, it just depends on a lot of things if his signing would ever materialize.

That's an interesting part that Mertens still hasn't actually extended his contract or as far as Ausilio knows it.

France

I think that we have a very solid base going into the next season :

A GK who's still among the best despite his age, 2 great central defenders, if we add Tonali abd keep Sensi and Barella, we have a beastly midfield and we can even sell Lautaro (111 no less though) and sign Cavani for free for one year.

And then we have somes holes that we can compensate : Two leftbacks, one forward who can complement Lukaku/Cavani and maybe two central defenders (if Godin leaves), one youth, one experienced, as rotation.

I don't really follow markets so I can't submit any name but I think that if managed seriously and rapidly, we can have an awesome team for next season.

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    Inter Want To Wrap Up Signing Juventus Target Sandro Tonali Before Going For Chelsea’s Emerson Palmier & Man Utd Target Federico Chiesa

Inter wish to complete the signing of Brescia starlet Sandro Tonali before pursuing moves for other transfer targets according to a report in today’s print edition of Italian daily newspaper Gazzetta dello Sport.

It is seemingly only a matter of time until a deal is concluded with Inter chief executive Giuseppe ‘Beppe’ Marotta at working trying to strike a deal with Brescia president and owner Massimo Cellino, who wants €50 million for his prized possession.

Inter may be able to knock a little off of the price by offering teen sensation Sebastiano Esposito on loan as part of any deal.

Once a deal for Tonali is wrapped up, the report goes on to explain that Inter will then meet with Chelsea to hold talks over Emerson Palmieri with Inter looking to strengthen their full back department in the coming months.

Inter may also move for Fiorentina’s Federico Chiesa but face competition from several others. As per the report, Juventus, Chelsea and Manchester United are all also keen on the Italian. Fiorentina want €70 million for him but due to the Coronavirus crisis they will accept slightly less but still want the deal to be entirely cash based and not filled with players.

According to Sky, Inter intend to use money from Icardi sale for Tonali and Kumbulla.
    Francesco Toldo: "Winning in this club is different; it is the satisfaction of arriving at the port after going through a storm".

29. Thanks (2): eduzee, MVD

Bulgaria

Forum Supporter
    I have a feeling that we'll try to get only Tonali in the midfield. Brozo, Sensi, Barella, Eriksen and likely Gagliardini + Tonali (and even 9N) will be more than enough for three starting spots. Vecino and Papa Valero most probably will leave. If we keep Lautaro and Sanchez, i still expect two more players in that department - vice-Lukaku and somebody to replace Esposito, who is too green to be even a substitute at this stage. No idea what gonna be changed in the defense. First, the Godin's departure was pretty much certain but lately i've read that he wants to stay, so in that situation i'm not sure that we'll go after somebody else. Wingbacks positions are enigma for me. Apart of Candreva and Young, who can be rotation''s players at most, i would release all of the others and bring new ones.

31. Thanks (2): eduzee, Il Drago

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Sky (meaning Di Marzio and his understudy Romano) reports that Lautaro to Barcelona is not imminent but it's more "yes" than "no". That Inter will accept maximum of one player and the rest has to be cash. Also that Inter is "slightly" ahead of Juve for Tonali.

I don't like either of these piece of news. I want us to be clearly ahead of Juve for Tonali and I don't want to sell Lautaro, so only release clause cash should be acceptable.

33. Thanks (1): eduzee

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by CafeCordoba View Post
    Sky (meaning Di Marzio and his understudy Romano) reports that Lautaro to Barcelona is not imminent but it's more "yes" than "no". That Inter will accept maximum of one player and the rest has to be cash. Also that Inter is "slightly" ahead of Juve for Tonali.

I don't like either of these piece of news. I want us to be clearly ahead of Juve for Tonali and I don't want to sell Lautaro, so only release clause cash should be acceptable.
    This is expected.

We have Marotta, so we are officially a 'selling club' now that doesn't hand out contracts to deserving players because they have enough time on the deal remaining.

And since we have Marotta, we are also going to take ages to complete deals that should have been done months ago. Tonali was essentially gift wrapped to us in January for a summer move (and it's a good thing we didn't commit due to the covid disaster potentially having an effect) but we have arrived in June with no official agreement yet. This should be concluded before July no matter whent the window opens. We cannot offer players as counterparts since this is a Serie B club essentially, that's their doom and they won't accept it lightly, so it will only stall everything.
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda

Conte uomo di merda

Vote in the OT draft you c*nts Here and here you lazy bastards