Page 1154 of 1155 FirstFirst ... 15465410541104114411511152115311541155 LastLast
Results 23,061 to 23,080 of 23100

Thread: Mercato Team (Ausilio, Marotta, & Co), Mercato Strategies, The Future & The Past

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Argentina

Perisic's problem is not about his defensive inadequacy, but his offensive ineffectiveness instead. It is quite acceptable for wingback to not fully excel in defence because his main job is to attack. Most top wingbacks are attacking-minded players with below average defence skill like Hakimi, Reguilon, and Alonso before Chelsea used backfour. However they manage to make up their defensive weakness by their attacking prowess.

Meanwhile, Perisic offers nothing in both ends. He doesn't take on defender, he doesn't run behind defence, he doesn't deliver dangerous cross, he doesn't cut inside to shoot, he doesn't attack the box when Hakimi crosses. He only runs and passes sideways. That's all. Even 35 years old Young still attempts to cut inside or to get at the end of cross but somehow Perisic cannot.

Lautaro's goal against Lazio was a rare case when he tried something useful. And look, we still managed to score a goal even if he failed to skip past his defender cleanly. If he still cannot display anything significant in few more matches then we should try to offload this unmotivated deadweight ASAP.
    http://irequis.wordpress.com/
    Feeling up the senses like a night in Giuseppe Meazza

Fav. Player
    Insigne & Sarri
    Old name
    EEeyOO

PNG

You can count how many noneffective abilities Perisic has, he is still the best LWB we have.
    Quote Originally Posted by Strale View Post
    I would accept 10mil, keep Firpo or whatever the fuck his name is, if Bartomeu fucks a pig in public. Like in Black Mirror.
    Quote Originally Posted by ADRossi View Post
    We're getting to experience Conte's second season at Chelsea without reaping the benefits of his first

3. Thanks (3): ciamac, magnesium, MVD

Vietnam

Quote Originally Posted by Candreva Crosses View Post
    You can count how many noneffective abilities Perisic has, he is still the best LWB we have.
    Not hard to be best if you have only one competitor But I am still unsure if he is better than Young tbh.

Fav. Player
    Insigne & Sarri
    Old name
    EEeyOO

PNG

Quote Originally Posted by PHM1605 View Post
    Not hard to be best if you have only one competitor But I am still unsure if he is better than Young tbh.
    That's why people here argue about him. Is he better than Young? If you have to ask yourself that question then maybe you shouldn't watch football.
    I would accept 10mil, keep Firpo or whatever the fuck his name is, if Bartomeu fucks a pig in public. Like in Black Mirror.
    We're getting to experience Conte's second season at Chelsea without reaping the benefits of his first

6. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Godcini

United States

He's a better player, I'm not sure he's a better wingback. At least he hasn't proved to be. I guess we'll find out.

Fav. Player
    Marotta
    Old name
    Wallace

Brazil

88 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    That's why people here argue about him. Is he better than Young? If you have to ask yourself that question then maybe you shouldn't watch football.
    That’s a trick question, what a troll.
    Dr. Marotta

9. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Gagliardinho

Indonesia

Quote Originally Posted by PHM1605 View Post
    You can start at best football club in the world. Won Treble. Play as starter.

Still.. At Inter ..some Fans bash you. And you only start two fucking game in new position.

Give him some time . We still have long time to go.
    Gagliardini best italian midfielders 2020/2021

11. Thanks (2): Candreva Crosses, MVD

United States

We really should have pushed for the Marcos Alonso deal to be completed.

This team is a LWB and actual DM away from being a top team IMO.

13. Thanks (3): Harpsabu, MVD, Palacio

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by thatdude View Post

Games like yesterday would be a lot easier if we had two attacking WBs that could stretch the opposition, instead of having only Hakimi. That way if Hakimi is out we could have had Alonso-Darmian/Young/D'Ambrosio and maintain that 'one attacking, one defensive' WB approach we have, or chuck them both on when we need to unlock a defense.

Would also highlight Eriksen's passing much more than now with more players making forward runs. For example, he played an absolutely out of this world through ball for Darmian against Genoa.

At the moment, when Hakimi is out, we're essentially shit out of luck out wide because Perisic has not taken to that role at all. Darmian is a much bigger goal threat than Ivan has been, and Darmian is supposed to be the 'conservative' one .
    Inter Banter Era; 2011-2018 Mudingayi, Schelotto, Rocchi Gone but not forgotten

15. Thanks (1): kurt0411

Fav. Player
    Inter1-0Wanda
    Old name
    browha

Europe

25 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    TBH, dont get too hopeful for two attacking WBs - even treble era Inter didnt have two attacking WBs. It's unbalanced - though if you're ever going to make it work, 3 at the back is a good formation to make it work in.

Te quality Hakimi brings in at RWB is notable and impressive, though. I just worry two of him - esp with our current midfield - is asking for trouble. It might be a case where with a proper DM, we could make it work, so you have 3 CBs, a DM covering, then the WBs playing wing-forwards on attack.

Be interested to get some other thoughts on this. Nonetheless, a GOOD LWB is a must; attacking or not.

17. Thanks (2): CafeCordoba, Palacio

United States

We should try snd get Junior Firpo on loan from Barca in January. He obviously isn’t going to breakthrough there and he played his best football at a wingback at Betis.

19. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Italy

We should try snd get Junior Firpo on loan from Barca in January. He obviously isn’t going to breakthrough there and he played his best football at a wingback at Betis.
    I don't really want to talk to Barca, maybe ever again. I know they just let Vidal go, but I think every time we approach them they're going to ask for Lautaro even though they can't afford him.

As for two attacking wingbacks, I think we'd only see it when we're behind or when we have all the ball anyway. Unless, like you said, we get a Kante type, we'd be too exposed.
    Inter Banter Era; 2011-2018 Mudingayi, Schelotto, Rocchi Gone but not forgotten

21. Thanks (3): Il Drago, magnesium, Palacio

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member

Imo we need a cb more than a dm. We all saw what happened when Skriniar and Bastoni were out at the same time. Perhaps Vanheusden could be that cb.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by YoramG View Post
    Games like yesterday would be a lot easier if we had two attacking WBs that could stretch the opposition, instead of having only Hakimi. That way if Hakimi is out we could have had Alonso-Darmian/Young/D'Ambrosio and maintain that 'one attacking, one defensive' WB approach we have, or chuck them both on when we need to unlock a defense.

Would also highlight Eriksen's passing much more than now with more players making forward runs. For example, he played an absolutely out of this world through ball for Darmian against Genoa.

At the moment, when Hakimi is out, we're essentially shit out of luck out wide because Perisic has not taken to that role at all. Darmian is a much bigger goal threat than Ivan has been, and Darmian is supposed to be the 'conservative' one .
    Not only games like yesterday. Like i have said before, you need proper wingbacks to make this system work. They're even more important than midfielders in this formation. Sadly we only have Hakimi and 35-year old Young. Darmian is very limited and Perisic can't play that role.

Fav. Player
    Doina Turcanu

Tokelau

69 Forum Supporter
    I think DM is more important. we need a player to cut the ball before facing our 3 cbs. we often get caught on the counter because all 3 midfielders go so high and can't recover.
    FC INTERNAZIONALE

I thought football in Italy had changed, but it seems that a zebra never changes its stripes.
    FAK GOBBY

24. Thanks (1): CafeCordoba

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed. View Post
    I think DM is more important. we need a player to cut the ball before facing our 3 cbs. we often get caught on the counter because all 3 midfielders go so high and can't recover.
    Agree, we give counters way too much, and such counters where opponent wingers/forwards can face our CBs with ball at their feet and going forward.

Fav. Player
    Darmian

Italy

I only have one comment about our attack. How do we STILL not have a fourth striker? If Lukaku gets hurt for any material length of time, our season is over - blanket statement. Sanchez doesn't have the legs to start regularly and too much of Conte's tactics involve Lukaku bailing our backpass triangles. If Pinamonti stays with the club I will wager that he scores less than five goals this year.
    Hi

27. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Ronaldo

Kuwait

Quote Originally Posted by Il Drago View Post
    Imo we need a cb more than a dm. We all saw what happened when Skriniar and Bastoni were out at the same time. Perhaps Vanheusden could be that cb.
    I completely agree! We definitely need a CB! Maybe get Godin back from Cagliari? He is already familiar with Conte’s tactics so if we sign him in January he won’t need much time to settle in. But man, that would funny
    Ajax just thrashed Juve!! Fuck whoever uses the 'experience' excuse for signing bunch of mediocre 30+ year olds who do nothing other than laying in the treatment room and demanding high wages.

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post
    I completely agree! We definitely need a CB! Maybe get Godin back from Cagliari? He is already familiar with Conte’s tactics so if we sign him in January he won’t need much time to settle in. But man, that would funny
    Thing is this would probably be a good deal compared to what we re going to do. Watch us pick up some scrub just so we can make up the numbers and we re probably gonna pay a transfer fee so that the godin sale was utterly useless cause it did not even save us money.

I disliked us getting rid of godin from the get go but this fucken deal gets worse with every day that passes (every time kolarov plays LCB).
    It s just grossly incompetent...

Also still fully blaming conte for it.
    Which matches do you feel more, those with Juventus or Milan?
    "With Milan, without doubt. And I don't like the Rossoneri fans either because they have a way of behaving, particularly when they win, that I don't appreciate."
    Javier Zanetti

#Fuck Conte

30. Thanks (1): _OC_

Fav. Player
    Insigne & Sarri
    Old name
    EEeyOO

PNG

Imagine fire Conte, bring back Godin and go for a back 4? That'd be wankworthy.

32. Thanks (1): MVD

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Imagine fire Conte, bring back Godin and go for a back 4? That'd be wankworthy.
    Sorry buddy, no do overs.
    <<Gli scudetti è giusto vincerli sul campo>> Antonio Conte on Calciopoli

#ConteOut