Page 503 of 1068 FirstFirst ... 34034534935005015025035045055065135536031003 ... LastLast
Results 10,041 to 10,060 of 21346

Thread: Mercato Team (Ausilio, Marotta, & Co), Mercato Strategies, The Future & The Past

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Denmark

10 years of FIF
    My heart fills with regret when I think of the opportunities we missed after the treble.

When I think of the lack of transfers in 2010, and the subsequent abundance of mediocre transfers. When I think of our future; a weak squad with high wages, an almost worthless brand, a lack of Interisti in the squad, our problems with the FFP. When I think of how insurmountable it seems to get back on top, and how we're seemingly continuing to make the same mistakes again and again. When I think of the €4m we're paying a coach who only managed 8th place with conservative football, not to mention the €3,5m we're shelling out on a coach whose contract we extended and whose wages we massively increased only 6 months prior to firing him. When I think of the contrast between vision and action in this management.

It all goes back to the treble in 2010. When we were at our highest. When we had Sneijder, remember that? Wesley Sneijder.. the world's greatest footballer that year. I remember when he hit the bar in the derby against Bbilan. I was filled with such joy, as we continued to demolish them 4-0. And we later sold him for scraps after forcing him out of the squad because of his high wages.

We did not only not do enough, for a while we did not do anything at all, and finally when we did, it made us worse. Now look at RuBentus - a team so clearly a cut above the rest of us, and they continue to invest in their squad, to improve an almost perfect set of players, with both young players and established players. They have their own stadium, they're in compliance with the FFP. And while you may say something about the name of our team, they have an Italian core, as well as the best of Italy's youth. Buffon, Barzagli, Rugani, Bonucci, Chiellini, Marchisio, Pirlo.

We shot ourselves in the foot five years ago, and instead of stopping, we continued shooting, until we were out of bullets. And then we reloaded, and fired enough bullets through our foot to create a hole 6 feet deep. And only now are we looking up - not to get out, but to bury ourselves with whatever dirt we can find.

It's horrendous. Forza Inter - the laughing stock of Serie A - forever.
    PLUR

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Well concluded. Back then we should have made some tough decisions. Sell some players when they were at the top of the world. Since Mourinho left, it was just downhill from there, no matter which players we had.

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Transfer Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacquez View Post
    My heart fills with regret when I think of the opportunities we missed after the treble.

When I think of the lack of transfers in 2010, and the subsequent abundance of mediocre transfers. When I think of our future; a weak squad with high wages, an almost worthless brand, a lack of Interisti in the squad, our problems with the FFP. When I think of how insurmountable it seems to get back on top, and how we're seemingly continuing to make the same mistakes again and again. When I think of the €4m we're paying a coach who only managed 8th place with conservative football, not to mention the €3,5m we're shelling out on a coach whose contract we extended and whose wages we massively increased only 6 months prior to firing him. When I think of the contrast between vision and action in this management.

It all goes back to the treble in 2010. When we were at our highest. When we had Sneijder, remember that? Wesley Sneijder.. the world's greatest footballer that year. I remember when he hit the bar in the derby against Bbilan. I was filled with such joy, as we continued to demolish them 4-0. And we later sold him for scraps after forcing him out of the squad because of his high wages.

We did not only not do enough, for a while we did not do anything at all, and finally when we did, it made us worse. Now look at RuBentus - a team so clearly a cut above the rest of us, and they continue to invest in their squad, to improve an almost perfect set of players, with both young players and established players. They have their own stadium, they're in compliance with the FFP. And while you may say something about the name of our team, they have an Italian core, as well as the best of Italy's youth. Buffon, Barzagli, Rugani, Bonucci, Chiellini, Marchisio, Pirlo.

We shot ourselves in the foot five years ago, and instead of stopping, we continued shooting, until we were out of bullets. And then we reloaded, and fired enough bullets through our foot to create a hole 6 feet deep. And only now are we looking up - not to get out, but to bury ourselves with whatever dirt we can find.

It's horrendous. Forza Inter - the laughing stock of Serie A - forever.
    Sadly, you are spot on. It started in 2010, when we were on top of the world. Moratti took that as a sign for doing nothing. He actually made our situation worse by increasing the salaries of his stars as a reward. If Moratti had any sense, he would have known that even when you win everything, you need to refresh at least a bit. If in 2010 Moratti had instead sold a few aging (and much in demand) stars to balance his books, while at the same time adding some younger talent, we could have continued our cycle as well as laid a foundation for a more sustainable future. FFP was a known factor then, we just chose to ignore it when we reached the top of the world, and then took a jump into the abyss.

I had written an article in the summer of 2010 about how Inter should use that success to sell off some of their old players on high wages like Eto'o, Lucio, Maicon, & Cesar along with the troublesome Mr Balotelli - These would have fetched about 110m in fees, as well as reduced our wage bill by about 50m pa. That would have put on in the green for the first time in a long long time!! Plus we could have got rid of the useless players like Vieira, Mancini, Suazo, & Quaresma which would have reduced our wages by another 31m. That would have given us a great budget to target some young talents who have impressed in the world cup like Cavani, Suarez, Vidal etc. Because at that time, the best young talents aspired to join the CL champions, our pull was the strongest it has ever been... and we completely wasted that opportunity!
    Last edited by Bluenine; 15 Jun 15 at 19:09.

United States

Till this day I'm not quite sure if it was stupidity/hubris after winning the treble or if Moratti willfully pulled the plug. I think he was ready to sell at early as 2011

5. Thanks (1): joez

Fav. Player
    ur mom
    Old name
    icardiscores

Slovenia

91 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Optimistic Member Most Passionate Member
    SKY - EXPLODES THE DERBY: INTER CLOSER TO MIRANDA, MILAN ON IMBULA: 28 MILLION FOR ...

15.06.2015 23:03 by Simona Castellano Twitter: SimoInterista article read 92 times
    As reported by Gianluca Di Marzio to Sky Sport 24, it is derby between Inter and Milan market.
    Inter came close to Miranda very fact, the Milan goal. Ongoing contacts between the parties with Inter hoping to close. Milan meanwhile went on Imbula, Inter goal.
    The Nerazzurri had already prepared 18 million for the player, but the Rossoneri have offered 28 million for him and Mendy, another player of Marseille.

Fav. Player
    Pupi's haircomb

United States

So bbilan are moving on from Kondogbia?

8. Thanks (1): JJM

Fav. Player
    ur mom
    Old name
    icardiscores

Slovenia

91 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Optimistic Member Most Passionate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by iThrowRocksAtBlindKids View Post
    So bbilan are moving on from Kondogbia?
    sorry I don't work for Sky

however...

Sky line up time again

HANDANOVIC
    D'AMBROSIO MURILLO MIRANDA KOLAROV
    IMBULA MOTTA
    SHAQIRI KOVACIC PERISIC
    ICARDI

not bad though...

Fav. Player
    Skrinrar

Scotland

31 Forum Supporter
    Would rather not miranda

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

I doubt we are getting more than 3 starters this summer (excluding murillo).
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    If Icardi is ever sold for 110m euros i'll stop watching football and promote Pimp to moderator.

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Transfer Guru
    If rumours are to be believed, Inter seem to be focusing on brining in 6 new players:
    1. Jovetic/Eder/Hernandez
    2. Salah/Cuadrado/Perisic
    3. Imbula/Kondogbia/Allan
    4. Motta/Melo/M'Bia
    5. Miranda/Abdennour/Kaya
    6. Montoya/Zukanovic/Kolarov

If we could get the ones in bold, this could end up becoming the best mercato since Mourinho!

13. Thanks (1): morrisama

Old name
    Inter-Nazi-Onale

United States

Quote Originally Posted by Bluenine View Post
    If rumours are to be believed, Inter seem to be focusing on brining in 6 new players:
    1. Jovetic/Eder/Hernandez
    2. Salah/Cuadrado/Perisic
    3. Imbula/Kondogbia/Allan
    4. Motta/Melo/M'Bia
    5. Miranda/Abdennour/Kaya
    6. Montoya/Zukanovic/Kolarov

If we could get the ones in bold, this could end up becoming the best mercato since Mourinho!
    That would be a fantastic Mercato, albeit an unrealistic one. It would probably also require the sale of kovačić among others.

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

We are not in the race for Kondogbia. We have no money to compete with others.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    If Icardi is ever sold for 110m euros i'll stop watching football and promote Pimp to moderator.

Fav. Player
    Kovacic

Tuvalu

10 Forum Supporter
    When does Berardi's co-ownership shit get resolved?
    Quote Originally Posted by wicked wizard View Post
    after seeing them gifs of them passes I have to admit that I was wrong and that he is one of the greatest.
    Quote Originally Posted by InterFCAustin View Post
    Breaking news: Inter made a bid for Kyrie Irving after he requested a trade from the Cavs.

Fav. Player
    Christian Vieri

Bulgaria

Quote Originally Posted by Inter-nazi-onale View Post
    That would be a fantastic Mercato, albeit an unrealistic one. It would probably also require the sale of kovačić among others.
    Jovetic OR Salah on loan (only one of them will come)
    Perotti/Perisic/Nani - ~ 10m
    Imbula - 20m
    Motta or Melo - 5m
    Miranda - 12m
    Montoya - on loan or Kolarov - 10m

Salah - Confirmations from London: Inter Salah, the plan and the figures.
    Miranda - Di Marzio: "White smoke close to Miranda, Inter wants to close by the hour"
    Kolarov - Even the BBC confirms: yesterday there was contact between Inter and City for Aleksandar Kolarov, the Serbian left-back has always been a protégé Mancini.
    Thiago Motta - France Football - Motta away with 10 million? They only need 7, News that come close further the Inter Italo-Brazilian.
    Perotti - Sky - Inter Pressing on Perotti
    Imbula - Ag. Imbula: "Inter big club, it would be a dream"
    Last edited by enjoy; 16 Jun 15 at 07:39.
    follow me on twitter: @EnjoyInterNews

18. Thanks (2): morrisama, nutsncider

Fav. Player
    3, 4, 9, 10, 11

Kuwait

30 FIF Special Ones Comedic Post of the Year
    Quote Originally Posted by Pharaoh View Post
    When does Berardi's co-ownership shit get resolved?
    Juve are working on it with Sassuolo since they believe their current forward line isn't enough even if Tevez doesn't leave.

Here's Di Marzio's quote about it:

Zaza and Berardi could be heading to Juventus. The two clubs met today and the bianconeri is way more optimistic than Sassuolo that they can close the deals for €25 million for both players, at the moment Sassuolo isn't willing to accept players in the deal. However it's possible that Coman becomes the key in completing the negotiation. Juventus is ready to bring Berardi and Zaza back to Turin, more developments are expected in the next few days.

Berardi's agent came out and expressed their joy for Allegri's praise. He didn't rule out the move too, saying a deal can be reached before the deadline of the 25th. The only problem is that Sassuolo's president values him.

Fav. Player
    Handa,Bro,Rano!

Austria

What enoys me, we dont have anything concrete.

Sometimes Imbula is mentioned, Allan, Miranda, Kranevitter, Motta, Pato..... there are so many names but with none of them there are signs of negotiations... and if there are negotiations, Inter does a great job of hiding it.

I just cant wait for transfers, I am far too impatient in these matters.
    “Please don’t call me arrogant, but I’m European champion and I think I’m a special one.” - Jose Mourinho

Fav. Player
    Christian Vieri

Bulgaria

Inter transfer list:

100%
    cash Dunkan 2.6m from Samp (Italy)
    cash Mbaye 3m from Bologna (Italy)
    cash Alvarez 11m from Sunderland (England)
    cash Scheloto 3m from Chievo (Italy)
    cash Spendelhofer 1m (Austria)

90%
    cash Botta 2.7 mln from Pachuca (Mexico)
    cash Obi 2.8 mln form Cologne (Germany)
    cash Kuzmanovic 3m from Bologna (Italy)
    cash Khrin 3m from Sevilla (Spain)
    cash Andreolli 3m from Samp (Italy)
    cash Pereira 4m from Leeds (England)
    cash Benassi 4m from Torino (Italy) - Inter 50%

80%
    cash Taider 5m Galatasaray (Turkey)
    Crisetig and Longo - ?
    Bardi, Puscas, Camara, DiMarko, Donkor, Bessa etc - ?

1%
    Ranocchia, Juan, Nagatomo, Guarin or Hernaes - ?
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    48m - 34m (+ 14mln €)

100% we must pay /34,00 mln €/
    Xherdan Shaqiri Bayern Munich 15,00 mln €
    Jeison Murillo Granada CF 8,00 mln €
    Davide Santon Newcastle Utd. 3,70 mln €
    Dodo Roma 1,20 mln € /pay for loan Roma - is loaned to Inter for two seasons at a cost of €1.2m./
    Marcelo Brozovic Dinamo 2,25 mln € /pay for loan Dinamo - According to reports in Italy, the Serie A club outbid other suitors for his services after agreeing to pay around £6m to Dinamo - £1.5m for the loan plus £4.5m in two years./
    Gary Medel - 3,66mln € /pay to Cardiff - Piero Ausilio, Inter's transfer chief had played hardball with Cardiff all summer, insisting their relegation to the Championship had weakened their bargaining power and was keen to pay closer to £7m (11 mln €) with payments spread over the next three seasons and had even mooted an initial loan deal./

Fav. Player
    Skrinrar

Scotland

31 Forum Supporter
    Where do you get these percentages, they just appear to come up out of nowhere

Fav. Player
    Christian Vieri

Bulgaria

Quote Originally Posted by ScottishInterista View Post
    Where do you get these percentages, they just appear to come up out of nowhere
    You will see at the end of mercato, i based them of media and players agent news

Fav. Player
    Pupi's haircomb

United States

I thought Shaqiri is going to be paid off in 3 years/installments?

#layaway