Page 949 of 949 FirstFirst ... 449849899939946947948949
Results 18,961 to 18,965 of 18965

Thread: Mercato Team (Ausilio & Co), Mercato Strategies, The Future & The Past

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Albania

Quote Originally Posted by Il Drago View Post
    I'd rather bring Biraghi back than signing Darmian, even for free. Darmian offers nothing we don't already have. Besides, if we sell Dalbert we should get an attacking fullback, not another D'Ambrosio.
    Darmian was great in Torino days, meanwhile Biraghi isn't even great at Viola.

I still don't want Darmian here, but comparing him to someone like Biraghi its a bit too much. Lets get real, Premier league is a more competitive league and is known for dynamic football with high tempo game, compared to Italian league which is more of a tactical league than anything else.

Italian players usually struggle to perform their best in Premier league because the difference between those two leagues is obvious.

Pretty sure Darmian would have been a great fullback for any Italian team though.

2. Thanks (1): InterFCAustin

Fav. Player
    Bossvaldo

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter Most Humorous Member
    It's been over three years since Darmian's Torino days. He's been very poor since moving to England and he'll be 29 years old in 3 months. I don't really care whether it's his fault, or whether the league doesn't suit him etc. what's done is done and he's essentially lost three years of development, if not regressed, in his athletic prime no less.
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

4. Thanks (3): AbdiWirajaya, Il Drago, Wings

Fav. Player
    Alvaro "el

Indonesia

Quote Originally Posted by Besnik View Post

I still don't want Darmian here, but comparing him to someone like Biraghi its a bit too much. Lets get real, Premier league is a more competitive league and is known for dynamic football with high tempo game, compared to Italian league which is more of a tactical league than anything else.

Italian players usually struggle to perform their best in Premier league because the difference between those two leagues is obvious.

Pretty sure Darmian would have been a great fullback for any Italian team though.
    You probably didnt know but Biraghi dubbed as one of best LB in league last year.
    ‘Whoever doesn’t love El Chino doesn’t love football!’

jonikemot ---------> chipschups
    Quote Originally Posted by francesco View Post
    Why criticize like he was the worst player in the team?
    either people are having a high standard for inter or they just racist

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Quote Originally Posted by Besnik View Post

But the thing is Darmian isn't the same player he was at Torino 3 years ago. He could regain his Torino form if he returns to Serie A but this is far from a certainty. Like Universe said, it doesn't really matter if it's up to the league or himself but current Darmian on the left would be no different than playing D'Ambrosio in the same position. His crossing is also poor which has nothing to do with the league. My point about Biraghi was that he at least offers something different than our current fullbacks as his crossing is good. We already have a Darmian type of player in D'Ambrosio so getting him would be pointless. We should add players with different characteristics compared to the ones we currently have.

As for your last argument, do you really believe Darmian would have been great for any Italian team? Darmian wouldn't even start for a top 4 Italian team let alone being great for them. Would he start at Juve ahead of Cancelo/Cuadrado and Alex Sandro? Would he start at Napoli ahead of Hysaj and Ghoulam? Would he start at Roma ahead of Florenzi and Kolarov? Would he start at Inter ahead of Vrsaljko and Asamoah? I seriously doubt that.
    "After Inter it's difficult to think of anything better" - Walter Sabatini

7. Thanks (2): MVD, Wings

Vatican

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member
    He wouldn't start ahead of D'Ambrosio either.

You have to go to the bottom 10 teams to find teams that would definitely start him (assuming Atalanta, Fiorentina and Sampdoria complete the top 9, not sure who #10 would be)

And his salary and potential salary request could be triple of what the highest earner in his position from those 3 clubs makes.