Page 922 of 922 FirstFirst ... 422822872912919920921922
Results 18,421 to 18,424 of 18424

Thread: Mercato Team (Ausilio & Co), Mercato Strategies, The Future & The Past

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

We are seriously lacking one very competent winger, right back and midfielder to not be just a good team. I doubt Vrsaljko will be as good as Cancelo was, at least going forward, Barella is a good idea, but I'm afraid that it isn't just Joao Mario we are trying to sell, while we really lack somebody consistent up front, a more creative type, so I guess Politano (I know, he's new) and Karamoh will have to step up this season and try to feed Icardi and Perišić with goal opportunities.
    Quote Originally Posted by JJM View Post
    I couldn't care less about the thanks on a football forum lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    If Icardi is ever sold for 110m euros i'll stop watching football and promote Pimp to moderator.

2. Thanks (1): ADRossi

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by andrei View Post
    First of all thank you for the explanation Erte19\ Bluenine.
    I still have a few questions?
    Amortization reffers only to the fee we pay for transfer or also fee + salary.
    Let's take again Cancelo. From there we started. Let's suppose he received a 4 year contract 4m/y. With 40m fee that's makes total expenditure for Cancelo 56m for 4 years. Amortization is 14m per year. If after 2 years Juve sells Cancelo for 40m again, that's 12m capital gain. But if after 4 years Cancelo signs a new contract and the next day Juve sells him for 40m, the capital gain would be 40m, because the old 56m are already done?

- - - Updated - - -

That's bring me to a difussion about Sabatini. He wanted to sold Icardi.
    I suppose Icardi is already done with amortization or the value now is very low.
    If he could sold Icardi for 100m, that would have been nearly 100m capital gain. To share it in 2 years if could have been (loan for 50m and option for another year). And probably with another crops of minions on inflated prices for the books, we could have the possibility to sign Cancelo, Rafinha, Malcom, Naingolan and probably Schick next year.

If this was more or less the plan of Sabatini, maybe was not bad at all.
    Amortization refers only to transfersum divided by the length of the contract so in your example of cancelo it would be 10 mio a year.so if jube would sell him after two years for 40 mio that would be a capital gain of 20 mio.

And yes if the contract expires and he then signs a new one and jube sells him their profit would be 40 mio since he would be fully amortized so his book value would be 0.

But since in real life most contracts get extended before they completely expired the rest of the book value of Cancelo would just be spread out over the rest of the new contract length.
    For example if Cancelo signs a new 4 year contract after two years of his current contract are expired the remaining 20 mio of his book value would be spread out over the 4 years of his new contract hence his now amortization cost would be 5 mio per year instead of the original 10.

This is also the reason why we extended for example candrevas contracts in order to lower our amortisation cost.
    Which matches do you feel more, those with Juventus or Milan?
    "With Milan, without doubt. And I don't like the Rossoneri fans either because they have a way of behaving, particularly when they win, that I don't appreciate."
    Javier Zanetti

4. Thanks (1): este19

Russian Federation

well, looks like we are going with perisic politano wingers full throttle on two fronts (SerieA/CL) with a noob and a rag on the bench.

it will be last season all over again.
    Inter Banter era 2011-

United States

Quote Originally Posted by Adriano@10 View Post
    Amortization refers only to transfersum divided by the length of the contract so in your example of cancelo it would be 10 mio a year.so if jube would sell him after two years for 40 mio that would be a capital gain of 20 mio.

And yes if the contract expires and he then signs a new one and jube sells him their profit would be 40 mio since he would be fully amortized so his book value would be 0.

But since in real life most contracts get extended before they completely expired the rest of the book value of Cancelo would just be spread out over the rest of the new contract length.
    For example if Cancelo signs a new 4 year contract after two years of his current contract are expired the remaining 20 mio of his book value would be spread out over the 4 years of his new contract hence his now amortization cost would be 5 mio per year instead of the original 10.

This is also the reason why we extended for example candrevas contracts in order to lower our amortisation cost.
    Exactly.

andrei, one more bit I will add for clarity on capital vs expense:
    Capital is what we spend to buy assets we keep over multiple years. Which means it's what we spend to buy players, but not their salary, which is expense. If we paid for a new stadium for ourselves or if we paid for stadium improvements that we own, then those are assets and the costs to build or buy them would also be amortized, just like money for buying players. But costs to maintain the stadium (repairs, cleaning, etc) are expense because we're not buying anything, we're just maintaining our asset.

So that's the rule: if you're buying something, it's capital and the cost gets spread out. If it's the cost of running a business or you're renting something, it's expense that hits 100% in the year that you spent it.