Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anybody like F1??

Anybody like F1??

the new season is coming!!!
    let's guess who will be the 2005 world champion?
    l wish kimi raikkonen will be!

I'm not very interested in this sport, since M. Schumacher always win. And he will do it again.

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Greece

83 10 years of FIF
    Williams BMW for ever!!
    INTER PER SEMPRE!

RUBE MERDA

Fav. Player
    Kovacic

Macau

57 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster
    well in testing the Maclarens and Renualts seem fast and ferrari seem slow but they are just sandbaging. I think next year will be between schumi,the Renualts and the Macs. Button and Sato will not be as good as last year because the BAR wont be the second quickest car this year and Webber's driving style wont suit the new regulations(he drives with losts of understeer so the tyres suffer) so I think he wont be a contender!
    Quote Originally Posted by DM_ View Post
    Then we'll just buy the federation and create our own rules.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimpin View Post
    I dont think juventus are willing to sell

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

F1 has never, and might never, be the same after the death of Senna. Criminal Mafia killers, hope they rot wherever they are. And surprise surprise, Ferrari are owned by the Agnelli family.

Not to sound pessimistic, I still follow it partially and like Juan Montoya. I've followed him since his Cart series days and i love his character. Hope he has a better year with his new employer. What is his new team btw?

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Well I am a true tifosi and of course I will be supporting Ferrari!

I have been to 4 British GP's in the last 5 years but I won't be albe to go this season!

FORZA SCHUMI AND BARRI!

Fabio
    "Cuore, Testa, Muscoli.. Da anni sognavamo un Gruppo cosi!!!
    Forza Ragazzi
    Nessuno escluso"

Fav. Player
    El Principe

Italy

FIF Special Ones 10 years of FIF
    First thing, we already have a F1 thread so possibly we should move there.

I loved F1 since I was little, and obviously I was a Ferrari fan, being Italian!

For 10 long years I watched McLaren and Willliams domination. Still I loved the sport, I always got up to watch Australia and Japan, I just couldn't miss them.

Ferrari only won once, Jean Alesi in Canada. All sorts of things happened to stop them winnning. I remember once, Alesi and Berger were the pilots at Ferrari, they were first and second. Then the camera-car from Berger's car broke off and fell off, hitting Alesi's car suspension and breaking it! Then Berger went off a couple of laps later... TRAGEDY!

So I enjoy the Ferrari era now, I buy Scumi's cap every year (and so does Fabio! )

I think Montoya is a loser, and a bad one too. He has a big mouth and he likes to think he's got balls, but he's just careless and he doesn't know the words "class" and "humility".
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    22/05/10 CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    29/08/09 Milan 0 Inter 4 Thiago Motta, Milito (p), Maicon, Stankovic - Dominated and outclassed
    Materazzi World Champion

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

Quote Originally Posted by Frisko
    I think Montoya is a loser, and a bad one too. He has a big mouth and he likes to think he's got balls, but he's just careless and he doesn't know the words "class" and "humility".
    He most certainly isn't. He just hates losing and was frustrated with his team. I think if his new team is good, he will beat Schumacher, he almost did in his first year in F1.

Fav. Player
    El Principe

Italy

Juan Pablo has no respect for Schumacher, what he should do is carry a notebook around and write down everything Michael does, since he's the master.

Montoya doesn't know how to lose, he's either slagging the other drivers or blaming his own team, no wonder they were doing so bad. Williams has big responsibilites, for sure, but Montoya has made many many errors since he arrived in formula 1.
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    29/08/09 Milan 0 Inter 4 Thiago Motta, Milito (p), Maicon, Stankovic - Dominated and outclassed
    Materazzi World Champion

Fav. Player
    Ayrton Senna

Finland

Juan Pablo has no respect for Schumacher...<snip>
    And why would he respect "the master of all puppets"?

I started to dislike Shoemaker in 94 when he deliberately collided with Damon Hill.

- Going into the final race of the season, Michael Schumacher with a one point lead controversially collides with Damon Hill, taking the two out. Schumacher is the first German world champion. That ba%¤%¤!

I finally lost my respect towards Shoemaker after he ran into Villeneuve in 1997. With that blatant move Michael Schumacher lost not only his Championship, but did serious damage to his reputation.

In case you dont know/remember it, here“s few video clips.

http://www.globalserve.net/~trauttf/..._collision.mpg

http://www.globalserve.net/~trauttf/...with_shuey.mpg

This famous Formula One scene portrays the defining the moment of the 1997 F1 season. The final race took place on October 26, 1997 at Jerez, Spain. Michael Schumacher led Jacques Villeneuve in the championship standings by one point, 78-77. On lap 48, as Villeneuve was passing Schumacher, the incident as seen below occurred. This resulted in Schumacher's Ferrari being retired from the race (ha-haa!). Villeneuve continued, finishing in third place and winning the 1997 Formula One Driver's Championship by three points.

- First three drivers clock exactly the same time in qualifying for final race at Jerez. Michael Schumacher leads until Jacques Villeneuve makes a move down the inside at a hairpin, and Schumacher turns in on Villeneuve, damaging Villeneuve's car and putting himself out. Mika Hakkinen scores his maiden win in dubious circumstances, as Villeneuve is crowned the World Champion.

- Michael Schumacher is disqualified from the 1997 championship.

Now days Michele wins “cause he has the best car and “cause his teammmate aren“t allowed to race against him.

The only Master“s i know are Ayrton Senna and Alain Prost.
    Peppino Prisco: "La gioia pił grande? Scontata. Il Milan in B. E per ben due volte: una... a pagamento e una... gratis. Sono dell 'idea che una retrocessione cancelli almeno cinque scudetti conquistati e che la vittoria di una Mitropa Cup elimini i residui"

Peppino Prisco: "Io non rubo il campionato, e in Serie B non son mai stato"

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

Juan Pablo has no respect for Schumacher, what he should do is carry a notebook around and write down everything Michael does, since he's the master.
    Why would he respect a cheater? Tommi's examples are clear and i remember that shameful act in 97. People in canada were following Villeneuve and it was heavily reported. If I was Shoemaker (brilliant nick Tommi) i'd quit, he freaking cheated, how can anyone like him?

Juan Pablo has hot blood, he's always boiling, not like cold Shoemaker. In cart series he used to rule and smile, because his team was good. But when he went to F1, he didn't start with a good team. Nonetheless he came close to winning it. He is a competetor and one that hates to lose for silly reasons.

F1 badly needs people like him, ever since Senna died, there hasn't been any brave and fiery characters. Vamanos Montoya!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tommi
    The only Master“s i know are Ayrton Senna
    Oh Tommi, this is the best thing you ever said, I will say this to make you happy: VIERI RULES.... Seriously, it's good to know someone still remembers Senna the hero. :cry2: :cry2: :cry2:

Fav. Player
    Ayrton Senna

Finland

Quote Originally Posted by Hamed
    Juan Pablo has hot blood, he's always boiling, not like cold Shoemaker.

He is a competetor and one that hates to lose for silly reasons.

F1 badly needs people like him, ever since Senna died, there hasn't been any brave and fiery characters. Vamanos Montoya!!!

F1 seriously needs more people like him. He bow“s for none and that“s why i have always liked him, his attitude & driving skills, since his early carting days.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommi
    The only Master“s i know are Ayrton Senna
    Oh Tommi, this is the best thing you ever said, I will say this to make you happy: VIERI RULES.... Seriously, it's good to know someone still remembers Senna the hero. :cry2: :cry2: :cry2:
    Oh Hamed.

I came here to edit my post since i thought i would remove Prost“s name in that master list. There“s none like Senna, none. He surely will be missed.

And by the way. You dont have to say that Vieri rules to try and make me happy. That doesn“t make me happy to be honest. He rules and that“s that. Why i always talk about him then? Just because he“s not getting the respect he truely deserves.

Anywayz, back to F1.

I hope that some F1 teams (like Williams & Renault) signs two finns for the season 2006-2007. Two prospects that“s gonna rule F1 in few years. Heikki Kovalainen and Nico Rosberg (son of Keke Rosberg who won the championship title in 1982). Now they“re both racing in this new formula series, GP2.
    Peppino Prisco: "La gioia pił grande? Scontata. Il Milan in B. E per ben due volte: una... a pagamento e una... gratis. Sono dell 'idea che una retrocessione cancelli almeno cinque scudetti conquistati e che la vittoria di una Mitropa Cup elimini i residui"

Fav. Player
    El Principe

Italy

Lololololol

Ok I think I can manage to stop laughing now... maybe...

So Schumacher is a cheater? Pleaseee, do me a favour and go hide in some underwater cave guys!

The incident with Damon Hill is NOTHING: they both kept going, and they went out.

Schumacher surely was nasty on Villeneuve in the second episode you mentioned, but it looks worse than what it was: he surely couldn't expect to ram him out of the track with his suspension! He was only trying to squeeze in.

By the way, your legend Senna won a World Championship against Prost by just taking him out of the last race, running straight into him. So get your act together, if Schumacher is dirty, so was Ayrton.

I don't even know where to start arguing with you guys. Schumacher won 2 titles with Benetton, then he came to Ferrari, a team in disarray that couldn't win a single race, and he made them the best team in the world.

Schumacher wins because he has the better car? How come Barrichello sucks then??

Please don't embarass yourself by saying such atrocities, Schumacher is not only the best driver in the world, he's the best driver in the history of the sport.
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    Materazzi World Champion

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

If I hate anyone in F1, it's Mr.JPM! This is the man that thinks he his better than "The Master" yet has only won a huge 2 races in no less than 3 seasons of racing! The next driver to succeed Michaels throne will either be his teammate, Raikkonen, Alonso or Webber - but Montoya? I think(am sure) not!

Hopefully this season Mr.Montoya will be taught (another) lesson by Schumi and by Kimi too!

Fabio
    "Cuore, Testa, Muscoli.. Da anni sognavamo un Gruppo cosi!!!
    Forza Ragazzi
    Nessuno escluso"

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

Frisko, Schumacher all but admitted that he wanted to take Villeneuve out of the race. Watch the replays and see it clearly, he went out of his track to try and take out Villeneuve. He was almost successful, but Villeneuve had brains back then and managed to continue.

There was a huge investigation about it, but let's just say as mysteriously as Senna died, the investigation wasn't solid, it was just rubbish to weather the storm.

And Montoya can think that he is better than Schumacher, because I think so too. He played for an average team and he was upset that his brilliant driving was always negated by silly technical problems. He had to start in an average team because he was unknown in F1, but in cart he ruled. Paul Tracy might act like he can replace Montoya, but nobody will.

I'm looking forward to see him in his new team, he got me back into watching F1 after i almost took an oath not to because of what happened to Senna and to Villeneuve. I'm looking forward to this season, and also there is alot of talk of super Finnish guys coming up, it should be exciting.

And Schumcher, he only became what he became because they took Senna out. He is brilliant, no doubt, but him being regarded the best ever is the biggest injustice in the history of F1. He has no freaking person to comete against, so he keeps on winning and winning. He used to be embarassing when Senna was around, he used to kick his behind everytime they used to race. But the Angelli family has ways to get their way if you know what I mean.

Fav. Player
    Ayrton Senna

Finland

So Schumacher is a cheater?
    Schumacher's achievements, great as they are, will forever be shaded by the peculiarities of his era in F1.

Chief among those are certain unsavoury aspects of his sporting personality - particularly his willingness to blur the lines of what is acceptable competitive behaviour.

The incident with Damon Hill is NOTHING: they both kept going, and they went out.
    Nothing?

When the pit stops began the order was shuffled but the two leaders stayed out and on lap 32 Schumacher cracked under the pressure and went off and hit a wall. Hill tried to pass the German but Schumacher deliberately turned into his path. The Benetton was launched up onto two wheels (see the picture) and then went nose first into a tyre barrier. Schumacher was out but Hill's suspension was damaged and he crawled round to the pits where he retired. Michael Schumacher was the World Champion.

Schumacher surely was nasty on Villeneuve in the second episode you mentioned, but it looks worse than what it was: he surely couldn't expect to ram him out of the track with his suspension! He was only trying to squeeze in.
    Looks worse than it was? He only tryed to squeeze in? Man, what have you eaten. Did you watch the video? Shoemaker turns inside -> he sees Villeneuve -> Shoemaker turns outside to give him a room -> Shoemaker decides to take Villeneuve out of the race with no success. Shoemaker himself now has the guts to admit that he did what he did to be a champion. You still dont get it that he did so deliberately?

By the way, your legend Senna won a World Championship against Prost by just taking him out of the last race, running straight into him. So get your act together, if Schumacher is dirty, so was Ayrton.
    The incident which started outright war between them was at Suzuka in 1989 when Prost deliberately drove into Senna and won the world title. A year later Senna took his revenge, returning the compliment.

I don't even know where to start arguing with you guys. Schumacher won 2 titles with Benetton...<snip>
    By the time when Shoemaker joined to Benetton, Benetton was becoming good car. In the season of 1992/93 they had best mechanics, car developers etc. Few years together and they won their first championship. Also, there were a lot of claims that Benetton used traction control which was highly forbidden.

<snip>...then he came to Ferrari, a team in disarray that couldn't win a single race, and he made them the best team in the world.
    When Shoemaker joined to Ferrari, Ferrari was a mess. Some thinks that they suddenly became a good team “cause of Shoemaker. Well, that“s not the case. Shoemaker was and is good driver (not doubting that), but what people dont know is that when he joined Ferrari, he tooked almost everyone with him from Benetton (read: best developers etc).

It would be interesting to see Michele to race in Indy Car where the cars are evenly matched and it is driver skill that counts.
    Would he be able to do what Mansell did and win the Indy championship? Hardly.
    Schumacher wins because he has the better car? How come Barrichello sucks then??
    Three reasons. 1. Shoemaker is more complete driver than Barrichello is. 2. team orders. 3. Michele has better mechanics, newer/working parts (already tested at Barrichello“s car). Michele is number 1 driver at Ferrari and his teammate isn“t allowed to race against him. You dont see these annoying team orders happening at Williams/McLaren or Renault. I bet you dont see these annoying/coward team orders happening much at Ferrari either after Shoemaker resigns. What is Shoemaker afraid of? That Barrichello would kick his butt? Maybe he would if given the same equipments.

Give Montoya, Villeneuve or Raikkonen or whoever the same car, the same team orders, the same luck and we would see.....it is not only the driver.

Please don't embarass yourself by saying such atrocities, Schumacher is not only the best driver in the world, he's the best driver in the history of the sport.
    By saying that, you make fool out of yourself.

Being the most successful in history does not necessarily mean you are the best - and many F1 experts would argue Schumacher will never be that no matter how big the numbers he racks up.

Ten years ago you had to fight other drivers to win a GP - now you have all these increased driver aids and add to that, you just have to have a better pit strategy to win a race!

Here“s a little article or you ->

Though neither of them goes out of their way to publicize the fact, former World Champions Alain Prost and Jackie Stewart believe that since the mid- to late Nineties there has been a dearth of genuine stars in F1.

After all, in Prost's day he had to vanquish rivals such as Gilles Villeneuve and Alan Jones; Didier Pironi and Rene Arnoux; Nelson Piquet and Nigel Mansell; Keke Rosberg (FIN); and, of course, Ayrton Senna.

Stewart likewise had to contend with Jimmy Clark; Graham Hill; Dan Gurney; John Surtees; Jack Brabham; Chris Amon; and Jochen Rindt. Any of them were as fast as Prost or Stewart on their day; it was other attributes that the Frenchman and the Scot called upon to beat them in the long haul.

The line of thinking prompts a question some may believe to be heresy. Has Michael Schumacher ever really had any genuine rivals?

"Where," Stewart once asked quietly, "has Michael's real opposition been?"

And by the way. Formula 1 statistics say that Michele Shoemaker is something like 7th or 8th fastest driver in their all time fastest driver list. Mika "The flying finn" Häkkinen is ahead of him. Häkkinen who constantly beat Shoemaker when they were racing together (with equal cars) before they joined F1 series.

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

I also remember that episode between Schumacher and Eddie Irvine when they collaborated together to win a race. Even non-F1 fan hated that and said that cheating the rules should never be allowed even to help your teammates. F1 changed the rules after that, that was one of the most embarrassing things ever.

This shows how much of a cheat is Schumacher and answers your question as to why side-kick Barachello never wins.

Syria

10 years of FIF
    i have my ticket for next weekends race. great!

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

Helal!!! You get tickets for WWE and now for F1, can I be your friend?
    You are a cool mate!!!

Syria

10 years of FIF
    Helal!!! You get tickets for WWE and now for F1, can I be your friend?
    You are a cool mate!!!

WWE wrestling? im not going. but def for the f1.

are you going to be at Montreal for the race?