Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 411121314

Thread: Scotland

Scotland

Quote Originally Posted by J.. View Post
    Scotland has the crowds because of the two Old Firm clubs which sparked an overall interest for football in the country. Has the attendance numbers raised for Aberdeen, Motherwell, Hibs and Hearts since Rangers went down? Not especially.

I don't think Aberdeen and Hibs suddenly would raise their level on the field and thereby be able to increase their competitiveness. Instead I think you will experience the same as what happened in Norway; Rosenborg had been dominating and doing well in the European tournaments for many seasons until the air got let out of the balloon. Yes the result was a league with more competitiveness but the overall level of the teams went down.

I'm not saying the situation as it is now is good for Scottish football as I think we will see the same fate for Celtic as we saw for Rosenborg if this continues as it is difficult to stay motivated if you don't have an opponent at your level. I therefore hope Rangers will be back as I simply can't see anyone of the other Scottish clubs be capable of taking this task. They simply lack both the financial muscles and the number of supporters to make it happen. That's why I think the best and only option for Scotland is to restore the true Old Firm and to not forget the big importance it has had on Scottish football and hopefully still will have.
    The average attendances increased since rangers went down. Strangely the only one that decreased was celtic.

The old firm does not spark interest in the game. In fact it can have an opposite effect. Aberdeen over the past 20 years or so have their biggest crowds at Pittodrie which don't involve old firm games. That's because whilst the day firm bring a large away support, the home fans stay away because of the nonsense they bring.

2. Thanks (1): firmino

Fav. Player
    Kovacic

Scotland

31 Forum Supporter Most Improved Member
    Celtic won the league today and its honestly disgusting how many fans come out supporting them on social media yet make no effort at all during the season. Its not like its an accomplishment anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by browha View Post
    I just am too ignorant

Fav. Player
    Miranda

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by ScottishInterista View Post
    Celtic won the league today and its honestly disgusting how many fans come out supporting them on social media yet make no effort at all during the season. Its not like its an accomplishment anymore.
    well, the world is full of glory hunters. juventus have in theory more supporters than the other Italian teams but the attendance at the stadium has always been in our favour and not by a small margin
    My username has nothing to do with the player of loserpool fc, it is just a reference to an Italian novel.

5. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Diego Milito

Ireland

Because of what both Celtic and rangers represent, if you are Catholica/Irish you almost have to be seen celebrating Celtic success simply to rub it into the other side and vice versa. Very annoying, guys i know who dont give a fuck about football were 'celebrating' Celtics success yesterday and probably couldnt name you one player

---

Edit- has to be said, Celtic are playing really good football under Rodgers. Dembele and Sinclair have been great for them. I imagine both guys will be heading to england in the summer.

Fav. Player
    The Bro

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by ScottishInterista View Post
    That's just modern sport/culture. Nothing really new here nor is it a big deal. People just want reasons to go out and party or glory hunt.
    "Moggi was just a grape in a vineyard of bullshit"

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Harpsabu View Post
    Because of what both Celtic and rangers represent, if you are Catholica/Irish you almost have to be seen celebrating Celtic success simply to rub it into the other side and vice versa. Very annoying, guys i know who dont give a fuck about football were 'celebrating' Celtics success yesterday and probably couldnt name you one player
    Thats why I always check how real my fellow interistas are by asking them about the likes of Rivas, choutos and Morfeo only true interistas will remember these names.
    Which matches do you feel more, those with Juventus or Milan?
    "With Milan, without doubt. And I don't like the Rossoneri fans either because they have a way of behaving, particularly when they win, that I don't appreciate."
    Javier Zanetti

9. Thanks (1): Harpsabu

Fav. Player
    22IcardiBroHand
    Old name
    DomesticatedPimp

Albania

Quote Originally Posted by Adriano@10 View Post
    Thats why I always check how real my fellow interistas are by asking them about the likes of Rivas, choutos and Morfeo only true interistas will remember these names.
    if they dont vomit, they are not true fans
    Quote Originally Posted by bandiera View Post
    referees 'without question' favour juve? i think youre overstating the effect of buying out the refs.
    Quote Originally Posted by bandiera View Post
    I did some thinking over the bench issue. I think when a player is benched, it can make them think more.

Fav. Player
    Kovacic

Scotland

31 Forum Supporter Most Improved Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Adriano@10 View Post
    Class players, could never say a bad words against them
    Quote Originally Posted by browha View Post
    I just am too ignorant

12. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimpin View Post
    if they dont vomit, they are not true fans
    I usually just have a weird smile on my face when thinking about them. You know that kind of smile you have when you take a first look at an exam and you realize that like 80% of the test are from that one chapter you did not look at because you just could not be bothered any more.
    Which matches do you feel more, those with Juventus or Milan?
    "With Milan, without doubt. And I don't like the Rossoneri fans either because they have a way of behaving, particularly when they win, that I don't appreciate."
    Javier Zanetti

Fav. Player
    Miranda

Italy

A true interista should reply something like: caio, rambert, pancev.
    My username has nothing to do with the player of loserpool fc, it is just a reference to an Italian novel.

15. Thanks (3): AbdiWirajaya, Adriano@10, MVD