Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Underrated players

Underrated players

Zambrotta of Juventus.

I don't like Juventus, but I've always respected this player.

He always does the job, but doesen't get the headlines like some of his other teammates do.

Well, does anyone agree? Disagree?

Syria

10 years of FIF
    i dont think his underrated.

His a great player, and many many people know this. so to me his rated what he deserves.

Quote Originally Posted by helal25
    i dont think his underrated.

His a great player, and many many people know this. so to me his rated what he deserves.

Maybe in Italy he's not underrated, but where I'm at, he sure is.

Bahrain

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    I definately think he is underrated...I hate Juve as much as anyone here but this is one player i respect,and wish we had.

Serb u should also have most overrated players..If u do my first contribution would be Beckham,the Anna Kournikova of soccer.(except Anna looks much better ofcourse)
    Ziyad Of Boston

Quote Originally Posted by Ziyad
    I definately think he is underrated...I hate Juve as much as anyone here but this is one player i respect,and wish we had.

Serb u should also have most overrated players..If u do my first contribution would be Beckham,the Anna Kournikova of soccer.(except Anna looks much better ofcourse)
    Yeah, Beckham is a good player, but he's a part time player, full time model/celebrity.

I also think Kaka is a bit overrated.

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

I was a massive Zambrotta fan. The guy has it all, can play as a LB or a RW, all with an equal talent. I alway thought he was underrated.

That all changed last season when Juve were playing Bologna. The game was tied 0-0 until, surprise surprise, Juve got a penatly. However, this time it was Zambrotta who took a clear dive and fooled the referee.

Not only that, he told the Bologna players that he dove! Talk about rubbing salt in the wound. If I was a Bologna player, i'd probably given him a career-threatening kick to the gutts.

Juve won the game thanx to that act, and since that day Zamrotta has became a player that I hate and just don't respect.

Syria

10 years of FIF
    he said its just part of the game right? vaffunculo

Quote Originally Posted by Hamed
    I was a massive Zambrotta fan. The guy has it all, can play as a LB or a RW, all with an equal talent. I alway thought he was underrated.

That all changed last season when Juve were playing Bologna. The game was tied 0-0 until, surprise surprise, Juve got a penatly. However, this time it was Zambrotta who took a clear dive and fooled the referee.

Not only that, he told the Bologna players that he dove! Talk about rubbing salt in the wound. If I was a Bologna player, i'd probably given him a career-threatening kick to the gutts.

Juve won the game thanx to that act, and since that day Zamrotta has became a player that I hate and just don't respect.

You just HAD TO spoil it for me, didn;t you?

If that's true, than I will lose some respect for him, as I thought of him as an honest player.

Do you have an article about it, maybe?

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    I kinda remember that incident too, but vaguely. Nonetheless, I think Zambrotta is the best left back in the world by some distance. Solid defensively and he always pick the right time to go forward. A good crosser of the ball as well. Also, he'd give Javier Zanetti a run for his money in terms of consistency and versatility. He's like a textbook full-back.

I don't think he's under-rated though. All Serie A fans think he's the best left back in the world. Only those who don't watch Juventus and think that overlaps is the most important duty for a full-back, they can ignore their defence and they score once in every 100 free-kick attempts doesn't think that Zambro is the best left back.

Handyo

Quote Originally Posted by Handoyo
    I don't think he's under-rated though. All Serie A fans think he's the best left back in the world. Only those who don't watch Juventus and think that overlaps is the most important duty for a full-back, they can ignore their defence and they score once in every 100 free-kick attempts doesn't think that Zambro is the best left back.

Handyo
    Was that a shot at a certain Brazilian player?

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

Australia

He can't be that underrated if he is consistently chosen as a nominee for the uefa team of the year over and over again.

Heinze! one of the most underrated players IMO!

Owen, Joaquin, Beckham, overrated players

Call Me Crazy!
    Cartman: Shut up Kyle! Shut your Goddamn' Jew mouth! You're the reason that there's war in the Middle East.

Syria

10 years of FIF
    Heinze
    its a shame we didnt get him.

Capitano-Cordoba-*unknown*-Heinze

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    Cristiano Ronaldo is massively overrated IMO. It seems that everytime he got the ball, everybody just has an er3ction thinking how he will dribble it. For fu*k's sake, he's not even effective! People in my school (Ronaldo-w@nkers) were "anticipating Cristiano Ronaldo to humiliate Paolo Maldini". How I laughed at the fools!

Heinze.

Handyo

Greece

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Serb
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamed

You just HAD TO spoil it for me, didn;t you?

If that's true, than I will lose some respect for him, as I thought of him as an honest player.

Do you have an article about it, maybe?

He is an honest player. he told them he took a dive

Spain

zambrotta for me is da better player in his position, cole and del horno are ok but he is the best...
    also the best of juve.

Fav. Player
    El Principe

Italy

FIF Special Ones 10 years of FIF
    Zambrotta is very good and certainly not under-rated, is widely considered one of the best LBs in the world. The fact that Chelsea have been liked to him is confirmation of this, they only go after the best/most expensive players.
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    22/05/10 CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    29/08/09 Milan 0 Inter 4 Thiago Motta, Milito (p), Maicon, Stankovic - Dominated and outclassed
    Materazzi World Champion

Haiti

10 years of FIF
    At one point, Zambro wasn't getting the attention and respect from the media that he deserves; and perhaps you can argue he still isn't a flashy name, but Serie A fans are well aware of his talent.

He's so versatile and a great player on both sides of the ball. He'll make you work, yet is great at running the wings. I rate him as the very best LB in the world by a mile.
    Nulla impossibile per questa Inter