View Poll Results: Where does this thread belong?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • La Grande Inter

38 82.61%
  • Former players & coaches

8 17.39%
Page 3 of 152 FirstFirst 1234561353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Alvaro "Il Chino" Recoba

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommi
    You dont love debates?

I haven´t read this Recoba thread much, but these debates are the reason why i love this forum. What kind of a forum this would be without these kind of debates? Dull is the first word that comes to my mind.
    No no no, I think put it in a wrong way...

No offense but I think there has been a lot of Recoba fans who has blindly go into an Inter forum and always take a cheap shot at us everytime Recoba is not used. When he play well, they will come at us, pointing their fingers and claiming that we are wrong. But when he's not playing well, they either disappear or just use the claim that he's not used consistently.

For me, it's OK to support a player but no player is perfect and you can't fanatically support him without thinking of how does the clubs' fans will react to your fanatical support. I mean, look at this season. Adriano and Martins are in outstanding form (although the latter is not, as of late) and it's perfectly rational that Recoba is not used as often. Also, they also tend to forget that Recoba is not used because he's very injury-proned.

And also, I think I put it wrongly that I don't like Recoba debates but it's not rare that the Recoba debate happens in many different topics, hence taking away of the specific purpose of that topic itself. I hope I've made myself clear.

Handyo

Fav. Player
    Ayrton Senna

Finland

Quote Originally Posted by Hamed
    Did you like the effort or was just disappointed with the result?
    Both actually.

Our players tried and played a good match, but it wasn´t enough. We should´ve created more chances and scored at least one. We totally deserved a penalty though. I were more disappoint ´bout the result.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handoyo
    No offense but I think there has been a lot of Recoba fans who has blindly go into an Inter forum and always take a cheap shot at us everytime Recoba is not used. When he play well, they will come at us, pointing their fingers and claiming that we are wrong. But when he's not playing well, they either disappear or just use the claim that he's not used consistently.
    That i agree.
    I hope I've made myself clear.
    You sure did.
    Peppino Prisco: "La gioia più grande? Scontata. Il Milan in B. E per ben due volte: una... a pagamento e una... gratis. Sono dell 'idea che una retrocessione cancelli almeno cinque scudetti conquistati e che la vittoria di una Mitropa Cup elimini i residui"

Peppino Prisco: "Io non rubo il campionato, e in Serie B non son mai stato"

With this shows your not tactical aware. Just a average specator who thinks he knows it all.

Watch the euroderby, See how defensive it was in both legs. It was a joke and with 4 top class strikers in Sheva Inzaghi Recoba Crespo and only 1 goals in 165 odd minutes of play.

Cuper took off Recoba and Crespo and then decided to go gung ho, All of you were fooled and belived Maritns and Kallon made the real difference when really if Recoba and Crespo played when Inter decided to attack they probably would of scored and had many many chances to do so.

They hardly touced the ball in the game and this is not the sort of game you judge a player especially when he is playing in a defensive team against one of the best teams in the world.

You want to judge Recoba by one game then go ahead but the whole Inter team did notihng much until Cuper decided to attack. No one man can win a game and the person ALL of you should of looked at was Cuper but ofcourse you looked at Recoba, The scapegoat.

Honeslt Hamed if you were coach in this game I say Inter would of won the thing and by quite a margin. You don't play ultradefensive when you need to win the game. And you don't take off Recoba and Crespo to make it look like they did nothing when they were given nothing really. And yes Recoba said he wasn't in good shape mentally or physically but even then if Cuper try to make his team play football Im sure he would of had a great game.

Watch the tape of the game again and you will see what I mean. The way Inter played after Cuper decided to go for it was amazing and if you played like that from the start Recoba and Crespo would of been the heros and nobody would be disappointed. Against Valencia Cuper got away with it because Toldo was amazing and Vieri scored the only chance in the game plus Valencia attacked unlike Milan who were patient and left little space but now you see why he Cuper is such a big loser. If he just went for it he would be win alot of things.

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

We totally deserved a penalty though.
    Ha, I don't recall such a situation. Or was it that one by Gattusso, it looked kind of accidental. But the commetators were laughing at Gatusso when he instinctly raised his hands like he was guilty. They were saying maybe he did it in purpose and he felt the guilt.

Fav. Player
    Ayrton Senna

Finland

No Hamed, it was when Nesta jumped in Veron´s back in their penalty area. Obvious foul and should´ve been a penalty. Maybe we should continue this in Milan thread...
    Peppino Prisco: "La gioia più grande? Scontata. Il Milan in B. E per ben due volte: una... a pagamento e una... gratis. Sono dell 'idea che una retrocessione cancelli almeno cinque scudetti conquistati e che la vittoria di una Mitropa Cup elimini i residui"

Peppino Prisco: "Io non rubo il campionato, e in Serie B non son mai stato"

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

Well Faisal, I unfotunately can't watch those derbies. Otherwise, I might check in a mental institution, it will just bring back depression.

Back to the point, Recoba and Crespo could've won us the game easily. Both missed easy chances, that miss by Recoba was uncharacterstic of him, I don't know what he was trying to do.

When Kallon and Martins came in, they changed the game because they wanted to show their worth, Martins and Kallon love Inter and they are inter boys, they sacrificed too much, specially Kallon, and don't complain like a certain man. They had energy and hunger, something neither Crespo nor Recoba had. I still remember Crespo cursing towards Cuper when he subbed him with Kallon, these guys were more interested in being in the limelight instead of doing their job.

Look at Kallon now, he is at top of Le Championnat scoring charts, while being not being used in every game and playing as a RW. I haven't, and I doubt I will, heared him saying that he was buried and unappreciated at Inter. He was our leading scorere when Mr. Recoba was doing time for the passport scandal, and when all the strikers came back and he was benched, Kallon never said a word.

Speaking of that scandal, had Mr. Recoba not resorted to such means to obtain a European passport, I think he'd be in a different situation now. That was his chance to prove his worth, but unfortunately it never came. We had to go and get more strikers, and rightfully so, so it's not our fault that there was more competetion for the forward line.

I hate it when people just say that Inter screwed Recoba, when in fact it's Recoba who scrwered himself.

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

No Hamed, it was when Nesta jumped in Veron´s back in their penalty area. Obvious foul and should´ve been a penalty. Maybe we should continue this in Milan thread...
    All right, I think I remember that. The commentators were preplexed as to why it was a foul. They said if there is a fould on that play, it would've been against Nesta, not for him. It must've slipped my mind, I see those kind of plays being given penalties. Like Hierro on Quinn in WC2002.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamed
    Well Faisal, I unfotunately can't watch those derbies. Otherwise, I might check in a mental institution, it will just bring back depression.

Back to the point, Recoba and Crespo could've won us the game easily. Both missed easy chances, that miss by Recoba was uncharacterstic of him, I don't know what he was trying to do.

When Kallon and Martins came in, they changed the game because they wanted to show their worth, Martins and Kallon love Inter and they are inter boys, they sacrificed too much, specially Kallon, and don't complain like a certain man. They had energy and hunger, something neither Crespo nor Recoba had. I still remember Crespo cursing towards Cuper when he subbed him with Kallon, these guys were more interested in being in the limelight instead of doing their job.

Look at Kallon now, he is at top of Le Championnat scoring charts, while being not being used in every game and playing as a RW. I haven't, and I doubt I will, heared him saying that he was buried and unappreciated at Inter. He was our leading scorere when Mr. Recoba was doing time for the passport scandal, and when all the strikers came back and he was benched, Kallon never said a word.

Speaking of that scandal, had Mr. Recoba not resorted to such means to obtain a European passport, I think he'd be in a different situation now. That was his chance to prove his worth, but unfortunately it never came. We had to go and get more strikers, and rightfully so, so it's not our fault that there was more competetion for the forward line.

I hate it when people just say that Inter screwed Recoba, when in fact it's Recoba who scrwered himself.
    I agree it was depressive, and this is coming from a neutral

If I was Crespo I would of spat in Cuper's face refuse to be subbed, Infact If I was Recoba I would of called for Cuper's head. Kallon and Martins are more than capable but why did Cuper decide to make him team push forward when they were on the field and why take off Recoba and Crespo without attacking with them and see what they would of made. Kallon got a chance as soon as he came on and messed up but nobody is going to hold that against him since Cuper should of really attacked way way before those last 15mins or so.

Recoba had a fucked up agent that screwed him, He was misled and it was unfortunate but thats in the past. Recoba still trained with the team even though Ronaldo was inRio de Janiero, Brasil going to carnivals instead of training. Recoba when he came back into the team was a left midfielder after a while not a forward so Kallon didn't play much in the second half because other strikers like Vieri etc came back from injury. Anyway Kallon was talented and I liked him but compared to the other forwards Inter had he didn't deserve a place in the line up.

Hamed Im sorry if I sounded disrespectful in my other post but Im just trying to say that ALOT of things have gone against Recoba. Ofcourse in the end it comes down to himself because he could leave Inter but that doesn't take anything away from what a player he is and what he could of become outside Inter. I belive the derby last sunday would of been the perfect role for Recoba inplace of Vieri who got into many situations where Recoba would shine, Inter dominated possesion and went for the game. Oba and Chino would of eaten Milan alive but Mancini hates the guy, Fair enough its one hurdle after another

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

Quote Originally Posted by El Chino Recoba
    Hamed Im sorry if I sounded disrespectful in my other post but Im just trying to say that ALOT of things have gone against Recoba.
    It's all right bro. I found you to be intelligent, very knowledgeable in soccer and opinionated. You should come here more often, this forum isn't only for inter fans. We have a thread for italian soccer, you should post your opinions there about Roma or whatever.

I disagree with you about the euro derby. It's true that Cuper switched to 3-5-2 after the goal and we just poured forward. However, Crespo the loser wasted good chances at both games, and Recoba just wasn't there.

We had humongous expectations for Recoba in that game, even some players had the same like Materazzi. We were expecting him to at least play hard, but he wasn't interested. Ah well, it pains everytime I remember that game, so I want to switch topics.

Do you by any chance have a link where I can find that goal of Recoba against Bresica in that debut. I've been searching for it for a long time and I can't find it, maybe you'd know.

http://www.holstonline.dk/recoba/goa...0intbre2-1.avi

http://s3.youshareit.com/download.ph...a6e7e42abd42e5 better quality clip

And this the 3rd goal he scored after he came on as a sub a few months later

http://s3.youshareit.com/download.ph...5d5408028460c5 edit this is a better angle

3 of the best goals you will see in 46minutes of play, Somebody tell me how this guy got only 46minutes in a season? Doesn't add up

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

One word: Unbelievable. Thanx man, I've been searching for that goal for ages, I almost got once from Kazaa but I couldn't. Those are two of the goals you will ever see. Was 'Can anybody find me somebody to love' a coincident or a hidden message?

These even make me more upset. I honestly don't know what to say. Seeing those goals, along with others, just prove how great he is. But still sometimes he just seems uninterested.

Ah well, we can argue for ages about that. Best of luck to Chino and thanx again for those out-of-the-world goals.

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    As good as Chino's goals are, goals are definitely not about quality but quantity. If you ask me to choose between 32 of Vieri's tap-ins or 20 of Recoba's Recoba-esque goal, I'd choose the former without even blinking because good goals don't win you trophy, lots of them do.

Handyo

Haiti

10 years of FIF
    As good as Chino's goals are, goals are definitely not about quality but quantity. If you ask me to choose between 32 of Vieri's tap-ins or 20 of Recoba's Recoba-esque goal, I'd choose the former without even blinking because good goals don't win you trophy, lots of them do.
    Ditto, i couldn't have said it better myself. Out of all my years of watching football, Alvaro Recoba has been the biggest bust and waiste of talent that i've ever seen. He is so flamboyant and can do so much on the ball that he can get the world's best players to be jealous, but he has stuck around just cashing in on his pay-check simply because he doesn't care.

To me, as much as i love him at times - he's a clown, a joke and a disgrace to football. I really wish that he could go to Spain, where his style is best suited and be a playmaker or forward ala Ronaldinho at Barcelona. Jesus christ, the man has waisted 8 years of his career in Milano.
    Nulla è impossibile per questa Inter

Indonesia

10 years of FIF
    I agree that the quantity of goals is more important than quality of goals. But judging by the quality of Recoba's goal, he is capable of more goals if he is played more consistently. All forwards, if given the chance, will score goals, and seeing how Recoba can score such beautiful goals, I believe that he is capable of scoring more than just some normal forwards.
    Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica.

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

I'd choose the former without even blinking because good goals don't win you trophy, lots of them do.
    When did a Vieri goals win us a trophy? Or better, when did any goal win us a trophy as of late?

Vieri is a goalscorer a finisher, Recoba is a second forward a assistman and scorer. Ask Vieri how he got many of those 'tap ins' and he will tell you it was from his mate Alvaro stuck as a left mid giving him out of this world delivary in a team with no creativity and the most boring long ball football around. You play Recoba and Vieri upfront in their prime and you would see something really special and a packed trophy cabinet, could say the same about Recoba Adriano this season but anyway we've gone over that.

Recoba lacks minutes, Recoba can score tap ins and comic book goals freekicks all sorts of goals. He makes goals aswell as scores them unlike Vieri who just finishes them. He has more range to his game and don't make out that he is given time as a forward when he isn't

His minute to goal ratio last season was better than Vieri's Adriano's Martin's. So its not a question of effectiveness but time.

And he took 2 paycuts Gaetan, His problem is that he cares for Moratti and Inter too much. Thats the real BS.

Bahrain

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    First thing great question by Hamed...

Second comparing Vieri's goals to Recoba isnt a fair category to both talents..Recoba's goals should be judged on how they came and out of where,mostly out of nowhere.This is the kind of player that can change a game by a shot from the outside or a beautiful assisst no one expects...

Different kind of players with different qualities and characteristics which should be used in the matches suitable for them..
    Ziyad Of Boston

Exactly Hamed said it, Inter have had so many Supersupertalents and they have won nothing. But do you need a trophy to show the quality of a player?

Vieri scores goals, Recoba makes goals and scores them. And he makes them and scores them like nobody else. They are very different and I know who I would take.

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

Well Faisal, you can always console yourself by the fact that Recoba has many years left on him. If he avoids injuries and changes teams, I see him playing until 39 and I am not exaggerating. His biggest ace are his shots and you don't pace for those.

I don't question his love for Moratti or for Inter, it's just one of those unfortunate love affairs that must end or both partners wil be hurt, just like Casablanca. :cry2:

BTW, how would you feel if Recoba joins Roma? I have a dream of us giving you Recoba and VDM and you give us Amanito Mancini. You play 3-4-3 and VDM and Recoba will be excellent flanked forwards, either supported by Totti and Cassano from behind or supplying Montella.

Roma is too unstable, I want him to go to Arsenal or Samp where he will get the freedom.

btw your right he can go on until 36 etc like Baggio did, Only then he really would be inconsistent

Anyway I just want to see the guy play, Even when he was being messed around with Cuper it wasn't this bad like under Mancini, Atleast we got to see him play then. Injuries or no injuries you know he wouldn't of played him anyway.