Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: England National team

Fav. Player
    Solskjśr

India

18 Forum Supporter

England National team

Thread for England National team discussion..

Will start with Friendly against Netherlands.

Fabio Capello has named his squad to face Holland at Wembley.

Fabio Capello has named a squad of 25 players to face Holland at Wembley on Wednesday.

There are eleven players who could potentially be involved in The FA Community Shield at Wembley on Sunday, with six players from FA Cup winners Manchester City and five from Premer League Champions United.

Danny Welbeck returns after making his debut against Ghana in March, while Micah Richards comes into the squad in the absence of Glen Johnson. Ashley Young, who scored on England's last outing, a 2-2 draw with Switzerland, has since joined United to increase their numbers within the England squad.

Squad in full;

Robert Green, Joe Hart, David Stockdale

Leighton Baines, Gary Cahill, Ashley Cole, Rio Ferdinand, Phil Jagielka, Joleon Lescott, Micah Richards, John Terry, Kyle Walker

Gareth Barry,Michael Carrick, Stewart Downing, Adam Johnson, Frank Lampard, James Milner, Scott Parker, Jack Wilshere, Ashley Young

Andy Carroll, Peter Crouch, Wayne Rooney, Danny Welbeck
    Wishere, Carrick, Lampard have pulled out, Cleverley has been called up as replacement.

p.s. Scanned first 2 pages, didn't find thread for England NT.. Didn't know where to post updates.. If the thread is not needed, Mods plz delete it.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Cal View Post
    I think the point is theres a fine line between comming across as a learned individual and comming across as a bit of a wanker, and utilising every corner of your vocabulary on a global internet football forum with people many of whom don't have don't have english as their first language makes you come across as the latter.

Fav. Player
    SE SALTELLI....

Singapore

if theres a national team i hate....this it it!

3. Thanks (2): AxigZag.ESIOLAG., I4E

Fav. Player
    Solskjśr

India

18 Forum Supporter
    I follow them but not like I debate with anyone just to defend them.

Scholes made excellent point that players just play for personal glory and not as a team. That was spot on about the team.

Every manager made a blunder trying to play Lampard and Gerrard together when it didn't work and forced Best CM england had since Bobby to wings.

But this current crop are good.Hard working and play as a team.. So bit excited to see how this team plays..
    I think the point is theres a fine line between comming across as a learned individual and comming across as a bit of a wanker, and utilising every corner of your vocabulary on a global internet football forum with people many of whom don't have don't have english as their first language makes you come across as the latter.

Fav. Player
    SE SALTELLI....

Singapore

so much hot air out of their supporters and media....and 0 productivity. i guess my hate for them stems from the fact that they think that they are better then everyone else...yet continually fall on the big stage.

6. Thanks (2): Cal, I4E

Poland

Never liked England team, we meet them too often and now again

Fav. Player
    Solskjśr

India

18 Forum Supporter
    Should fit in perfectly here then..

10. Thanks (1): FORZAINTERMILAN

Fav. Player
    Solskjśr

India

18 Forum Supporter
    Game against Netherland is called off.. There goes my hope of watching Cleverley play for England.. Next Lampard, Gerrard will be available and Capello will start them in the middle..

Fav. Player
    Y. Nagatomo

Tenerife

Quote Originally Posted by blackmore View Post
    so much hot air out of their supporters and media....and 0 productivity. i guess my hate for them stems from the fact that they think that they are better then everyone else...yet continually fall on the big stage.
    Spot on. Absolutely spot on.

But, I hate England even more

A. Because i live in the mutherfucking uk, so I, like all of my fellow scotsman have to put up with all that english media hype bullshit 24/7, despite the fact that none of us Scots give a flying fuck. (Although it is quite funny to watch them fail all the time).

B. I am Scottish, so I passionately hate every thing about England anyway.

Fav. Player
    Emma Watson

Tokelau

Quote Originally Posted by monster09 View Post
    Should fit in perfectly here then..

It is very funny how the English define the French like describing themselves that they only win world cup in their backyards. And, the English is even worse because they won world cup in their backyards with a fake goal.

So, the moral of the map is: the moral victor of every world cup is to go home as early as possible to make media hypes because only with media hypes they can be the 'self-claimed' best league in the world.
    FC INTERNAZIONALE

I thought football in Italy had changed, but it seems that a zebra never changes its stripes.
    FAK GOBBY

14. Thanks (2): Cal, exozizo

Fav. Player
    #FreeInsigne

Netherlands

You have not won a WC since 1966.
    You have not won a WC away from your borders
    You have only advanced past the quarterfinals of the WC TWICE
    One time you won, the 2nd time you finished 4th
    Your captain is a douche bag

YOU ARE NOT THE BEST IN THE WORLD, YOU ARE NOT EVEN TOP 5 ALL TIME

okay, rant over. I hate these guys.

16. Thanks (1): Cal

Fav. Player
    Solskjśr

India

18 Forum Supporter
    Fabio Capello has selected a 25-man squad for England's two upcoming Euro 2012 Qualifiers against Bulgaria and Wales.

WALCOTT, Theo - Arsenal
    BENT, Darren - Aston Villa
    CAHILL, Gary - Bolton Wanderers
    COLE, Ashley - Chelsea
    LAMPARD, Frank - Chelsea
    TERRY, John - Chelsea
    BAINES, Leighton - Everton
    JAGIELKA, Phil - Everton
    STOCKDALE David - Fulham (on loan at Ipswich)
    CARROLL, Andy - Liverpool
    DOWNING, Stewart - Liverpool
    BARRY, Gareth - Manchester City
    HART, Joe - Manchester City
    JOHNSON, Adam - Manchester City
    LESCOTT Joleon - Manchester City
    MILNER, James - Manchester City
    RICHARDS, Micah - Manchester City
    CLEVERLEY, Tom - Manchester United
    JONES, Phil - Manchester United
    ROONEY, Wayne - Manchester United
    SMALLING, Chris - Manchester United
    YOUNG, Ashley - Manchester United

DEFOE, Jermain - Tottenham Hotspur
    GREEN, Robert - West Ham United
    PARKER, Scott - West Ham United
    Would like to see Cleverley, Jones, Smalling getting chance for England.

Switzerland

Cleverly & Smalling are two pretty promising players for England...I'm not as impressed by Jones

As for hating England, I don't but they are incredibly overhyped - always...The only silver lining to Qatar hijacking the WC is not having to endure the English going on & on about their 'chances' for the next several years...It would've been impossible to take

Fav. Player
    Sergio Aguero!

Macedonia

10 years of FIF
    I think that is because Jones is too young, 19 only, the other two 22 (smalling almost 22). 3 years for young player is long, long time. He has shown that he has potential, great leadership is in him, you can clearly see it. If he develops like he is supposed to, world class CB he will become. With smalling as partner for the CB position, WOW.
    "This wonderful night will give us the colours for our crest: black and blue against a backdrop of gold stars. It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world."

Derby d'Italia, why the rivalry?
    My message to JuBe cunts

20. Thanks (1): monster09

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

Ireland

Scott Parker? I really don't get this. He's a good player for West Ham, puthim in any bottom half EPL team and he will shine. So why the fuck do Spurs go after him?! Palacios, Huddlestone are far better. Now I'm being told to believe he's an international footballer?

Christ.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimpin View Post
    you can all go fuck your mohters, just my 2 cents.

Fav. Player
    Sergio Aguero!

Macedonia

10 years of FIF
    Parker, Stockdale, and maybe Jagielka (although he is decent player) are not meant to be there. For me, neither is carroll, but 40 mil transfer, and there you are
    "This wonderful night will give us the colours for our crest: black and blue against a backdrop of gold stars. It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world."

My message to JuBe cunts

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

Ireland

Aaron Lennon > Adam Johnson.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimpin View Post
    you can all go fuck your mohters, just my 2 cents.

Fav. Player
    Sergio Aguero!

Macedonia

10 years of FIF
    Not for me tbh. Johnson is much smarter, better technician. Well, is better in pretty much every aspect of the game, bar his speed.

My message to JuBe cunts

Fav. Player
    Solskjśr

India

18 Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by FCBarca View Post
    Cleverly & Smalling are two pretty promising players for England...I'm not as impressed by Jones

As for hating England, I don't but they are incredibly overhyped - always...The only silver lining to Qatar hijacking the WC is not having to endure the English going on & on about their 'chances' for the next several years...It would've been impossible to take
    Jones has not put a foot wrong till now. He is so composed and very good on ball. No real weakness either like Smalling and also 3 years younger than him. Can see why all ManUtd supporters rate Jones so highly.

---------- Post added at 23:43 ---------- Previous post was at 23:42 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan View Post
    Aaron Lennon > Adam Johnson.
    Albrighton > Lennon

Adam Johnson is a good player, he needs to leave City or play regularly. Oh they have Downing too who is good as RW.

---------- Post added at 23:45 ---------- Previous post was at 23:43 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Pajo View Post
    Parker, Stockdale, and maybe Jagielka (although he is decent player) are not meant to be there. For me, neither is carroll, but 40 mil transfer, and there you are
    Jags >>>>>> Lescott and Cahill..

Parker has done well for England everytime he has played for England. I dont think they have any good ball winning midfielder than Parker.

Also Parker >>> Barry.

Fav. Player
    Kova Magic

United States

waiting for wilshere to come back kids classssss