View Poll Results: Rate the player:

Voters
176. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 - Will be one of the absolutely best players in the history of the game (think Meazza, Matheus)

4 2.27%
  • 9 - Will be one of the club legends, and become one of the best players in the world of their era

3 1.70%
  • 8 - A player of very good quality, who will add much to the team, one of the best nationalwise

93 52.84%
  • 7 - Good player, a valuble asset of a team, one of the 10-15 best on his position in the country

32 18.18%
  • 6 - Above average player, who will be usefull, but will never be a key player for a team

5 2.84%
  • 5 - Completely average player

6 3.41%
  • 4 - Below average, not a disaster, but would be better if we didn't sign him in the first place

8 4.55%
  • 3 - Anonymous player who will never be remembered through the fact nobody expected anything from him

4 2.27%
  • 2 - Close to a useless player, who will add nothing to the team besides filling the CL quota

6 3.41%
  • 1 - Crap, shit, useless player, worst buisness ever, Mancini, Quaresma and Gresko combined

15 8.52%
Page 51 of 73 FirstFirst ... 414849505152535461 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1444

Thread: Diego Forlan

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Egypt

10 years of FIF Most Diverse Poster
    FORZA FORLAN!!

Quote Originally Posted by GenDire View Post
    They should put the whole squad on the sex offender list for exposing themselves in front of 10,000 children

Fav. Player
    Diego Forlan

United States

yes?

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

Australia

Forum Supporter Most Humorous Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Forzaforlan View Post
    yes?
    When I saw that post in the morning I was waiting for this...

4. Thanks (1): snake

Fav. Player
    Milito

Australia

60 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    I only just got that.

Syria

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Raul Duke View Post
    I only just got that.
    Qeustion is, how long was ForzaForlan waiting for someone to say that? poor bugger. Forlans been so shit, he thought it would never come.

7. Thanks (3): dynasty27, Fitzy, Raul Duke

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Egypt

Devious has got trolloled.

They should put the whole squad on the sex offender list for exposing themselves in front of 10,000 children

Fav. Player
    Diego Forlan

United States

I haven't been waiting very long.. i will be sporting my forlan jersey in italy in two weeks... probably ducking thrown objects. wish me luck.

10. Thanks (2): Big Willy, snake

Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by Forzaforlan View Post
    I haven't been waiting very long.. i will be sporting my forlan jersey in italy in two weeks... probably ducking thrown objects. wish me luck.
    If you hang out in the slums of Milan with the bbilan fans, they might hoist you onto their shoulders and parade you around the alleys in which they sleep

12. Thanks (1): Devious

Fav. Player
    Ronaldo

United States

Forum Supporter FIF Special Ones 10 years of FIF

FORLAN, WELL?

Last call to avoid the flop and Inter farewell.
    Among the strikers that come with great expectations, Diego in recent era is the player that scores the least.

1. Giacomo Libera - 13 goals in 46 games - 0.28 average: From Varese to Inter in 1975, he was snatched away from Milan for 800 thousand lire. Disappointment.
    2. Pietro Anastasi - 13 goals in 66 games - 0.20 average: In 1976, he was gotten in an exchange with Boninsegna who ended up at Juve. But the former Bianconeri was a disappointment.
    3. Juary - 4 goals in 36 games - 0.11 average: After the shirt of Avellino, the Brazilian arrived in Milan in 1982. A flop.
    4. Salvatore Schillaci - 12 goals in 36 games - 0.33 average: The hero of Italy '90 landed in Appiano Gentile in 1992 but he had already passed his prime.
    5. Darko Pancev - 10 goals in 29 games - 0.34 average: After winning the Champions Cup and the Golden Boot with Red Star, the Macedonian failed in Milan.
    6. Hakan Sukur - 6 goals in 34 games - 0.18 average: The Turkish striker struggled very much.
    7. Gabriel Batistuta - 2 goals in 12 games - 0.17 average: The player who carried Fiorentina and Roma on his shoulders arrived in January 2003. A meteor.
    8. David Suazo - 8 goals in 40 games - 0.20 average: For him, there was a Milan derby and it was "won" by Inter. But the Hoduran was a disappointment.
    9. Diego Forlan - 2 goals in 20 games - 0.10 average: The heir of Eto'o (who scored 37 goals the season before) has only scored against Palermo and Catania.

Milan - Criticizing Diego Forlan is like shooting at the Red Cross, however, the big appointment at Inter needs a new statistic. Because of all the strikers arrived at Inter in the modern era with high expectations (spare the comparison with Rambert and Keane, but also Quaresma who was not a striker), Cacha is one with the most miserable scoring average.

Mental problems Because no one can argue that Diego Forlan is (or was) a great goal scorer. The numbers and trophies say that. But the fact remains is that the city of Milan has never seen the real Forlan. Against Fiorentina at the Franchi, he was very quiet and of course the inevitable substitution arrived when he was replaced with Sneijder. Inter seed to no longer know how to make of this situation. Because the result is that during the week, Diego performs well in training but when Sunday comes, his body double shows up. Perhaps it is a psychological problem.

Goals The problems in the head then inevitably become reality. With an average of 0.10 goals per game (against Palermo and Catania in 20 total appearances), Forlan has in fact done worse than the players arrived at Pinetina with high expectations and then proven to be a flop. Starting from Giacomo Libero who in '75 sparked a Milan derby on the transfer market (cost 800 thousand lire) and then scored 13 goals in 46 games and became famous for his nightlife. Then came Pietro Anastasi for whom, Inter had to sacrifice an icon in Boninsegna. Next was Juary who only danced around the flag to celebrate a goal just 4 times in 36 games. From Schillaci, the hero of '90 World Cup, to Darko Pancev (Golden Boot winner), to Hakan Sukur, the recordman in Turkey but innocuous in Milan. Without forgetting Batistuta, the Lion King in Florence and Rome but a kitten on a sofa at Inter. And David Suazo, another star in a Milan derby in the transfer market, which would have been better to lose. All, while disappointing, still had better goal scoring average than Forlan. The player that still has five more chances to leave this sad group.

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Indonesia

I think forlan palm face will be good to be our emoticon.. :palmforlan:
    Ti Te Dominet Milan

Quote Originally Posted by gazzetta dello sport
    "Injustice came immediately but they did not turn it into an excuse. Instead, Inter raised up to control the game at the home of the then unbeatable Juventus. Shining and mastery."

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Pakistan

95 10 years of FIF
    Diego Flopman, get out please.
    Spoiler: text 

Fav. Player
    Next question

Peru

Forlan injured AGAIN!
    He doesn't even play and yet he broke his knee.
    Total flop.
    Noi siamo qui con te, DAI FORZA INTER, INTER ALE!!!

Fav. Player
    Alvaro Recoba

Montenegro

Motherfucker, i hate him. Forst attacker in our squad since....ever.

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Haha. This was indeed a fucking flop signing. But I think if he wasn't injured like that at the start of the season, he would have had a better season. It was just bad luck his injury was so severe. Anyway, I wouldn't trust him a bit since he's been injured throughout the season. Better to ship him anywhere he's wanted.

19. Thanks (1): Pajo

Fav. Player
    Sergio Aguero!

Macedonia

10 years of FIF
    True. I still respect the guy for everything he has done for his NT, and also Atletico.

Unfortunately, he came in the worst possible period for us, in his worst year of the career, with the worst injuries.

bad luck, but time to go. He would be a year older, even worse. Ship him to USA or something for 2-3 mils.
    "This wonderful night will give us the colours for our crest: black and blue against a backdrop of gold stars. It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world."

Derby d'Italia, why the rivalry?
    My message to JuBe cunts

Fav. Player
    El Fenůmeno

Austria

i actually feel sorry for the guy
    he seems to be a very likable person and had a terrible season for inter + those injuries
    he never was clicking with the team and all of that within a fucked up season with 3 different coaches
    if i could wish for anything it would be a great 12/13 season as a backup player with a little comeback before he's to old for anything
    would have loved to see some nice milito forlan results

22. Thanks (4): Devious, Native, Pajo, Visca

Fav. Player
    Il Principe

Switzerland

Looks like Forlan is considering his move away from Inter.

Forlan considers Brazilian offer
    FC INTERNAZIONALE MILANO
    It shall be called International, because we are the world's brothers. 9 March 1908, Milan.
    27 May 1964, 27 May 1965, 22 May 2010

Fav. Player
    Il Chino

Bosnia Herzegovina

Thanks for all you've done Diego. Inter legend.

25. Thanks (1): armendsh

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Egypt

Too bad, a great player with great skills. was so unfortunate. even Zarate had a little bit of luck by the end of the season.

Maybe on another dimension and alittle bit earlier we would sign him to win us a CL while he`s bossing.

Good luck anyway.

Fav. Player
    Cuchu, The Wall

Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Deva View Post
    Looks like Forlan is considering his move away from Inter.

Forlan considers Brazilian offer
    He has come out and said the link to Mineiro is false. Honestly I don't like our chances of getting rid of him, no club is going to pay for him and he seems determined to stay next season and try prove himself.

28. Thanks (1): Cal