Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Toldo past it?

Greece

10 years of FIF

Toldo past it?

I didn't want to put this in the Toldo thread. It's gotta be here though and not in Transfers and Rumours. (moderators please don't lock this one)

I personally think that Toldo has not past it... He has just lost confidence. Only Cordoba and Zanetti are not exposing him.

It sometimes seems when he rushes outside the area(Vs Messina for example) that he doesn't trust no one... If we sign a great defender(Nesta like) he wouldn't have any problems... Also, he's very underrated and when he saves, just because he's very tall and doesn;t need too much to make a save, nobody comments on it. But if he concedes a goal everyone goes: "he's past it."

But when for example Buffon was in Toldo's shoes last season, nobody said anything. It's the media that made Buffon the "best" and they hate it when they are proved wrong and they never correct themeselves.

We don't need Frey. We don't need Julio Cesar. We don't need Carini. We have Toldo, we have to support him at all times and we have to realise that we are an attack-minded team with Mancio in charge and most of our defenders aren't suitable for our game!

Forza Toldo!!!!!!

Bahrain

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    I agree somewhat...and as a result he lost concentration not just confidence,its a spiral really...The question is will he continue like this and downward or do u see him coming back as strong as ever??
    Ziyad Of Boston

Greece

10 years of FIF
    I hope the second one, where he NEVER EVER needed a defender in front of him and could save 10 shots at the same time!

If anyone says that he didn't have a good game with Milan must be either brainwashed or drunk. BBilan was TOO lucky for us. We can't match such luck. We can't even eliminate our CURSE.

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

South Africa

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Todlo is defenitly past it he isn't the same toldo he used to be. He now completely suck on crosses and doesn't make the amazing saves he used to do every game.

He is done . Sad but true. :cry2:
    Forza Inter per sempre!!!!
    Jose responding after the derby:"We could only have lost by having six people on the park, as even with seven, we would have won. "
    New Domain name
    www.forzainterforums.com

Australia

Definetley lost touch and not the goalkeeper of the 90's and early 2K's I guess. But he doesn't have the speed or skill as he used too. :cry2:

Syria

10 years of FIF
    it sort of started last season, had a good game against Arsenal early on but things started to go down hill

Greece

10 years of FIF
    I hope no one blames him for the game against Milan.
    At the goal episode, he fell where Gattuso's shot was aimed and Kaka' was infront of him and scored without difficulty.

The only thing he can be "mocked" about is when he was alone and punched the ball. That was because Crespo has moved away(by Cordoba ) and Toldo didn't see him. BTW, this occured in the first half.

We need a defender, not a new goalkeeper

Greece

10 years of FIF
    Toldo has been very good against Juve in Turin, in both games. He gave us the victory in the championship and helped us with the Supercoppa. I haven't seen Julio Cesar yet, but I think Toldo must remain our number one.

FORZA TOLDO

Fav. Player
    INTER 2009/10 !

Croatia

I think that Toldo still has his skills and talents,but Mancio should trust him more,just like the other players..
    Thank you JOSE MOURINHO, the Special One!!

Michael Schumacher - #KeepFightingMichael -

Fav. Player
    Deki, Samuel

10 years of FIF
    if Cesar is ready then there is no sense to play Toldo anymore.
    H. Cuper - Uno Di Noi Per Sempre !
    John Frusciante -

Greece

10 years of FIF
    But Toldo hasn't actually failed us in a game. Just name me a game that Toldo was to blame for not winning. Just one!

Fav. Player
    Deki, Samuel

10 years of FIF
    J.Cesar is the future with incredible potential.that's the only reason.I don't blame Toldo for anything.
    John Frusciante -

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Greece

83 10 years of FIF
    Toldo is still good but he is not the goalkeeper we all admired in Euro 2000.
    I haven't watched J.Cesar,so I can't say if he can replace Toldo.
    INTER PER SEMPRE!

RUBE MERDA

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    i think toldo should still be number one he s still better tha cesar!!!!!
    against juve he did great job
    Which matches do you feel more, those with Juventus or Milan?
    "With Milan, without doubt. And I don't like the Rossoneri fans either because they have a way of behaving, particularly when they win, that I don't appreciate."
    Javier Zanetti

Fav. Player
    Deki, Samuel

10 years of FIF
    but Cesar so far did just great job too.
    John Frusciante -

Fav. Player
    Crespo, Figo, I

Quote Originally Posted by Inter.it
    Does Julio Cesar give you enough security?

"Both my goalkeepers give me security, and Toldo played the Super Cup and we won. Toldo has a physical problem at the moment and isn't that well. Will we be here every Saturday talking about which goalkeeper will play? It depends on you (journalists)... At the moment the choice has been made and the situation is defined."

Toldo is not physically fit..., so having cesar help toldo to rest and relax for a while...
    Toldo will reach his peak, and I am content with Cesar....
    Great Goalies we have this season...!!!
    -----------------------

Fav. Player
    Alvaro Recoba

10 years of FIF
    to me, toldo is still our best and i couldn't balme him. what can i say? our defender sux!!!! let's hope that Samuel can give Toldo a security in our defence and that will bring toldo confidence rise again. he has the ability, but no support from our defender. btw, imo, in ability, carini is better than cesar, but mentality, cesar is stronger than carini..

Fav. Player
    JZ

Quote Originally Posted by yuko
    But Toldo hasn't actually failed us in a game. Just name me a game that Toldo was to blame for not winning. Just one!
    Porto vs Inter away match ... that was a silly goal to concede.
    Face it ... Toldo is no longer d keeper he used to be ... and even now he will be a great keeper for some of d lower clubs ... but he is no longer good enough for Inter ... he does have some good matches ... but consistency is gone ... and for a team like Inter who loves to attack , Toldo is not good enough , not any longer.
    We need a replacement nxt season , if JC does not fit d bill ... among d big name keepers maybe we shud target Hilderbrand ( bcoz he wud be available ) ... ideally Cassillas wud be great ... but thatz pretty impossible

Fav. Player
    Crespo, Figo, I

naaah, I don't want casillas.. I don't think he's good enough for us...
    -----------------------

Fav. Player
    Alvaro Recoba

10 years of FIF
    remember the match for stunami carity match? there's one Gk, i forgot his name but he's very talented. a black guy(pardon me,but i dunno how to describe him)