Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Lazio - Inter

Lazio - Inter

There are no mid-week clashes for Inter so the next match we play is against Biancocelesti at the Stadio Olimpico on Saturday. It is the last test before Porto so Nerazzurri should be at their best form. I hope that we'll also see the old Adriano who used to score every 60 minutes. His injury didn't look that serious, however we cannot say the same about Favalli. A groin strain means about a month out I think, so we'll probably see Ze Maria on the left. Coco on the bench? Mancini is not a great fan of him so he can even stay in Milano. The two DM's will return, especially if we consider that our top goal in the match after Lazio will be not to concede anything. We may also see Vieri back, as Martins is not in his top form. Toldo should fully recover from his flu or whatever. I wonder if Fontana is still suffering from his back pain or Mancini is just tending to prefer Carini?

And the most important fact about the Lazio match is to win. Not to draw (I don't believe we can lose against THIS Lazio) because Inter haven't won against Lazio since January 1999. What a shame
    Fanatici Dalla Polonia!

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    It will be the first match for Mancini, Deki, Miha and Favalli against Lazio in Stadio Olimpico! I wonder how will the Laziali greet them. Milos75, we're enemies for a week.

Handyo

well none of Deki, Miha nor Favalli(injured?) were "betrayer". I think it will be toughest for Mancini..

Fav. Player
    Gerrard, Smicer

Quote Originally Posted by Handoyo
    It will be the first match for Mancini, Deki, Miha and Favalli against Lazio in Stadio Olimpico! I wonder how will the Laziali greet them. Milos75, we're enemies for a week.

Handyo
    I'll keep a low profile then.

As for greetings to former Laziali, it won't be pleasant at all, trust me. The vast majority is of the opinion that they are traitors, cowards who jumped ship and left Lazio to hang out to dry. I however, belong to the tiny minority who sees many flaws in such theory. I won't bother you here with why. I just hope the gemellagio does not break up because of that.

BTW, 2-1 to Lazio.
    Moggi, magari' mori' oggi!!!!!
    Galliani magari' mori' domani!!!!
    Lotito verme!!!!

Fav. Player
    Kovacic

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Interesting to see, who Mancini chooses to central defender positions. Cordoba is suspended in the Porto game, so maybe this game would be the practice match for the partnership of Burdisso-Mihajlovic? I just can't believe Mancini would place Matrix next to Miha, sounds too horrible to think. Burdisso and Mihajlovic could be trained this week as pair in trainings and play in Lazio match.

Last time Materazzi has played was two weeks ago against Porto, so he doesn't have immediate match fitness, though he's been playing lot more than Burdisso. But wasn't it that even Mancini said Mihajlovic and Materazzi can't play together?

edit. Is Mihajlovic still under the euro game ban?

Indonesia

10 years of FIF
    Yes, it is finally time for the old boys to meet. I hope Mihajlovic and Stankovic get to play, and show those Laziali that these guys made the right choice in coming to Inter.

I hope we can continue on winning, and build on the victory against Lecce. Let's put the Milan derby loss behind, and continue striving.
    Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica.

Jimmy
    This is just one of those games, you know we won´t win. The last win against Lazio that I remember was in the UEFA Cup final.

But, we should definitely give our best. Though, with the game against Porto in mind, we should play with some semi-regulars. For example someone like Davids and Kily should play this match. Players with little playing-time but doesn´t make the team worse.

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    I agree with Jimmy. C.L is now currently our main priority for the season, hence we should give players with less playing time a full 90min and by doing so resting few key players.
    We dont have a good record (hoem or away) against Lazio, but I somehow believe this can be change. Not only because we are playing some decent football, BUT mainly because Lazio have never been this poor!
    Noi non siamo gobbi ba$tardi

"In un mondo di puttane e oportunisti noi avevamo scelto la migliore; Addio Traditore!"

R.I.P Cipe

Greece

10 years of FIF
    If there are no suspensions:

------------------------------Toldo

-----J.Zanetti-------Burdisso------Miha--------Cordoba

---------------------Davids---------Cambiasso

-----Veron-----------------------------------Stankovic

---------------------Cruz----------Adriano

I hope Davids will play coz he can do great stuff and everybody knows. Mancini use DAVIDS, KARA,VDM and RECOBA!

Bahrain

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    We need to see the Coco's and Recoba's of the team in this one...They might be so hungry and eager to play and impress that we may finally win one at Lazio's
    Ziyad Of Boston

Fav. Player
    Marco Maserati

Quote Originally Posted by Ziyad
    We need to see the Coco's and Recoba's of the team in this one...They might be so hungry and eager to play and impress that we may finally win one at Lazio's
    Well, Coco and Recoba are both injured so I doubt they`ll play. Oh, and we might just as well play all our reservers for all I care because we know we`re not gonna win Lazio anyway. Must be some kind of curse I guess.

Greece

10 years of FIF
    I don't really care whoever plays. I just want to WIN

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Milos75
    As for greetings to former Laziali, it won't be pleasant at all, trust me. The vast majority is of the opinion that they are traitors, cowards who jumped ship and left Lazio to hang out to dry. I however, belong to the tiny minority who sees many flaws in such theory. I won't bother you here with why. I just hope the gemellagio does not break up because of that.

BTW, 2-1 to Lazio.
    Whatever friendship the 2 Curva Nords have will fast disappear just because of them. If the majority of Laziali view moving to Inter as as a traitorous act, then i am afraid this friendship is going to go the way as with another former friend of ours - Brigate Gialloblu of Verona.

Anyway, i expect a hostile atmosphere at the Olimpico (who doesn't, these days?). Lazio are Inter's biggest bogey team of the last decade and i don't expect to see that trend ending anytime soon. Given Inter's penchant for draws, i could see this game going the way of X. =/

Ciao,
    Tim
    MAI STATI IN B

Fav. Player
    Capitano, Cambi

Dear Oba:
    I send a message for you in the "Inter games, so you won't miss another one" Topic.
    Would you please check it?
    Thanks Buddy.
    Mourinho :the best Coach of all time
    Zanetti: the best captain of all time
    Zlatan the funniest looser of all time

ALI

we have little chance of winning at the Olimpico. it always brings us bad results and bad luck.
    MY LIFE IS INTER

Syria

10 years of FIF
    the most important thing, is Ze Maria has another chance to play

i love this guy, he can defend and when we need to attack who has better crosses(miha and r20)

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

ZeMaria is unappreciated here. A lot of people expect him to play like JZ, which he can't do. However, nobody can say that JZ's crosses are even 1% of ZeMaria's.

This is sad to say, but wonderful as they are, JZ's mazy runs rarely transform into nice crosses. For example against Lecce, he had one of those and then he followed it with the worse cross ever. It was so easy for the Lecce defence to deal with. I want him to add some lift to the crosses, I can do that.

Good news from inter.it, Burdisso is back. So the worst nightmare about Miha-Matrix is prob over and let's hope we'll see Miha-Burdisso already in this match.

And I'm one of those who are always happy to see Ze Maria on the field. In the summer it feeled like a signing with no sense. But now it's march and he has been in the end very useful signing ang he has proven himself. He has been good. That's my opinion.

Fav. Player
    Capitano e CN

Canada

66 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Laziali seem to have an intense hated towards Inter now. I don't know how it is in Italy between the two Curva Nords, but on the internet, there's quite a bit of venom between the fans.... though it's mostly directed at Inter fans from Laziali. Though I guess that's not really a surprise.

I think we'll win this one, regardless of our terrible record against them these last couple years. They got dominated at the Meazza and we're lucky to snatch a point. This isn't the Lazio of years past and they're home record isn't exactly awe-inspiring.... then again our away record is nothing to get excited about either. Still, I think we'll get the 3 points and hopefully surpass Samp as they have a tough fixture against Milan.

Syria

10 years of FIF
    i cant believe you are all so negative about this game.

sure, we havent won there in a while.
    sure, we got alot of bad luck there.
    sure, history tells us someone will get sent off again.

But u gota understand, who knows Lazio better then Mancini? i know its a new coach and players, but there results lately have been

We are much stronger then we have ben in years, and i think Adriano will be alive and kicking. Come on fellas, have more faith. Stankovic and miha will shine here.