Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Reggina - Inter

Fav. Player
    Adriano - #10

Reggina - Inter

Reggina - Inter
    Serie A Week 27 - 28/3/04 (15.00) - Stadio Granillo
    Inter won for the first time in 11 games last week at Ancona but they’ll find it tough to beat Reggina in Week 27. The southern outfit are in a fine moment of form as they look to pull away from the relegation zone. The Granillo side won 2-1 at Modena in the last round of games, a victory that saw the Gialloblu fire boss Alberto Malesani.

Star striker Davide Di Michele was again the hero for the minnows after his goal and assist for co-striker Emiliano Bonazzoli. They’ll be hoping that Di Michele’s pace can cause the uncertain Inter defence some problems at the weekend. Boss Giancarlo Camolese should have a full squad to choose from with no suspensions to deal with.

Inter are back in the hunt for a fourth place finish, even if Lazio do now have two games in hand over the San Siro giants. Boss Alberto Zaccheroni still has selection problems though as Coco, Almeyda, Emre and Cannavaro are all struggling with injury. Kallon and Materazzi are still suspended.

Zac also has to deal with some unhappy strikers at the club. Alvaro Recoba was the star of the show in the 2-0 win at Ancona but then hit out at the club after the game because he claimed he isn’t shown enough respect. Vieri was rested for the last tie but he should return after the poor form shown by January signing Adriano.

Reggina (probable): Belardi; Jiranek, Torrisi, Franceschini; Mesto, Paredes, Tedesco, Comotto; Cozza; Di Michele, Bonazzoli

Inter (probable): Toldo; Cordoba, Adani, Gamarra; Helveg, C Zanetti, Farinos, J Zanetti, Stankovic; Recoba, Vieri

Fav. Player
    Adriano - #10

Morale will be running high after beating Benfica

Hopefully we can do the same at Reggina but not let in so much goals

Fav. Player
    Oh I can't deci

wow dragon, you couldnt wait to open this thread could you? :-)
    TI AMO INTER

Bahrain

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Morale will be high but we must not waste our chances...This team drew with Roma.They can be very frustrating.I hope we use Adriano and keep Vieri rested on the bench and see what Adriano needs to make him get back to scoring and keeping him happy.Karagounis and Stan should also start and Recoba ofcourse...
    Ziyad Of Boston

Fav. Player
    Adriano - #10

Quote Originally Posted by BFC82
    wow dragon, you couldnt wait to open this thread could you? :-)
    I thought of it after our win... if we had lost I would probably do it next day

Fav. Player
    Zenga, uno di n

I really want to see Karagounis, Vieri, Martins and Recoba starting. If they are in so good mood than tonight, they'll be unstoppable. I really do believe that we have passed the lowest point and are heading up full throttle. Let's trash Reggina 5-0!!
    Nella gioia e nel dolore, per l'Inter eterno amore
    "It's not murder, it's an act of faith..." -The Cardigans
    "I rigori li sbaglia solo chi ha il coraggio di tirarli" -Roberto Baggio
    Matrix come El Chino: un gol da 50 metri contro Empoli!

Bahrain

Quote Originally Posted by Jake
    I really want to see Karagounis, Vieri, Martins and Recoba starting. If they are in so good mood than tonight, they'll be unstoppable. I really do believe that we have passed the lowest point and are heading up full throttle. Let's trash Reggina 5-0!!
    I would usually stick with the players on fire and start them until they cool down.Stick with what works...However we do have Adriano who we have to worry about...Maybe we should start him because he is our future and after coming from Parma his confidence sunk a little bit....We cant allow him to even regret coming back to us or turning Ronaldo on us.Plus i believe his form will come faster if he is played not benched.
    Ziyad Of Boston

Fav. Player
    J.Zanetti

Nepal

21 10 years of FIF
    This is the last match for Adani, I guess as I expect Materazzi to start from the game against Juventus.

We should rotate these two guys. I trust Matrix that Adani even though Adani hasn't done that bad..........

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    We should really ride on this momentum to get back on track. But Reggina away is always a tough match for us. Last season, we beat them at the very death when Recoba scored with virtually the last kick after Vieri put us ahead early in the game with one of the best goal of his career. We won 2-1 btw. And this season, in the meeting at Reggina for the second leg of the Coppa Italia, we beat them at the death again when Cruz's shot bounced off the post and GK's back to enter the net.

But, who can forget that 6-0 a$$-whooping we handed them last November??? We played one of our best game against them in Serie A and I hope to see us doing that again. Di Michele is gonna be their danger player. Oh, and Adriano really really should score here.

Handyo

Indonesia

10 years of FIF
    i think we can win this one easily... after trashing Benfica 4-3, we should be able to at least win Reggina with a 2 goal difference... we should field Adriano for this match....

FORZA INTER!!!
    Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica.

Alvaro Recoba was the star of the show in the 2-0 win at Ancona but then hit out at the club after the game because he claimed he isn’t shown enough respect.
    Is this true??? :confused2: Or is it BS??? Can anyone enlighten me, please?

Fav. Player
    Ayrton Senna

Finland

Quote Originally Posted by Gismo
    Yeah, it´s true.

Rai Uno interviewed him after the match and he didnt sound pleased how his treated at Inter. The fans, management, coach etc. are treating him badly according to him.

My line-up:

-----------Vieri--Oba------------
    --------------Recoba-------------
    -Pasquale--Kara--Almeyda--JZ-
    ----Adani-Gamarra-Cordoba----
    ------------Toldone---------------

Seems that our January signings are going to bench.. They haven performed very well..

Quote Originally Posted by Tommi
    Yeah, it´s true.

Rai Uno interviewed him after the match and he didnt sound pleased how his treated at Inter. The fans, management, coach etc. are treating him badly according to him.
    Can you remember exactly what he was unsatisfied with?

Fav. Player
    J.Zanetti

Nepal

21 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommi
    Yeah, it´s true.

Can you remember exactly what he was unsatisfied with?

ANCONA - Alvaro Recoba scored one and made the other against Ancona to put a smile back on Inter's face at the Stadio Del Conero on Sunday afternoon.

"In both the first and second halves we showed we're a side that can fight for fourth place," said the Uruguayan forward after the match. "We had several chances against a team which is perhaps already relegated. For this reason it wasn't an easy match, but I think Inter showed the right spirit on the pitch. Fourth place is an objective within our reach and we can get there."

During the week there was talk of Recoba being used in a central midfield role, with the task of dictating play and distributing balls. It's an idea for the future, but at the moment Il Chino is just concentrating on giving his all for the Nerazzurri. "In the future my only hope it to play and play for Inter," he remarked. "If I play like I did today, then that's even better. I always give my best, I've been here for eight years. Sometimes I play and sometimes I don't, but I've never created any problems. The important thing it that there's always respect for everybody."

Il Chino celebrated his goal by unveiling a T-shirt to mark the birth of his nephew, who came into the world a week ago. "It was my two children's greeting for my nephew, of whom I'm godfather."

================

that was in inter.it, not sure what he told in television interview,.....

So like usually the reality is much calmer than news..

We have much choices to this game, but I think there's 3 men that cannot be penched. Those are Recoba, Kara and Martins. By the way great Martins interview at inter.it.

Forza Obafemi!

Hello Interfriends,

Here is an article that I translated from Gazzetta.it Helps to put some positive light on the situation at hand, hopefully Inter will be able to see it through!

From Gazzetta.it

Inter finds players and Morale.

After the win against Ancona, Inter pass against Benfica and take another step toward the light at the end of the tunnel which began at the end of December. Like the loss to Lazio in the final game of 2003 started the crises of 50 days without a win, these two positve results could help jump start Inter just in time to fight for the two objectives still available: Uefa Cup and 4th spot.

To gain the 4th spot Inter will need to win against Reggina a team that has had positive results in there last 4 games. Zaccheroni will also regain the service of Adriano and Stankovic who could not play in the Cup, Helveg and C. Zanetti who were disqualified for the cup game but more important will have Almeyda back.

The Argentinian has been out since Jan. 21st and could play along side C. Zanetti who is also just returning from his injury on Dec. 7th. It is not a coincidence that the team went downhill ever since these 2 players got injured.

With Almeyda and C.Zanetti two true ball winners and fighters Zac was able to play with 3 strikers up front and led Inter to 6 straight wins.

On April 4th Inter will play Juventus and will regain Marco Materazzi who will be free of his long term suspension and should also have Cannavaro back from injury. It is perfect timing as this stage of the season will see the team play 2 games per week and turnover will be needed.

The last help comes from the calender. First and foremost Lazio losing to Bologna yesterday was a great help, while Lazio will also still need to make up the Derby. The biggest help in terms of the 4th spot is that both Parma and Lazio will have to travel to the San Siro on the 4th last match day and the second last match day making these games must win for the champions league spot.

Eddy

Bahrain

Nice article but i still would rather not play with 2 ballwinners against Reggina...Maybe a Juve or a Milan where they have a more potent midfield.Reggina we have to play attackingly and that will keep them in the back...So i would rather see likes of Kara,Stan,Adriano,VDM in there and Please under NO circumstance should we see Helveg or Lamouchi
    Ziyad Of Boston

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

South Africa

My lineupp:

Toldo

Cordoba Adani Gamarra

JZ Karagounis Deki Kily

Recoba

Adriano Oba
    Forza Inter per sempre!!!!
    Jose responding after the derby:"We could only have lost by having six people on the park, as even with seven, we would have won. "
    New Domain name
    www.forzainterforums.com

Fav. Player
    Crespo, Figo, I

This is my line up for this game...

--------------- Toldo

--- Cordoba -- Matrix (if available) -- Adani

Helveg --- Stankovic -- Almeyda --- Javier Zanetti

------------------ Recoba

-------------- Vieri ----- Adriano

subs : Cordaz, Oba, Cruz, Almeyda, C Zanetti, Karagounis, Gammara

---------------------------------------------------

My Favourite Line Up:

--------------- Toldo

--- Cordoba -- Matrix --- Adani

J Zanetti --- Stankovic --- Almeyda --- Kily/Pasquale

-------------- VDM

---------- Adriano ---- Recoba

subs: Cordaz, Vieri, C Zanetti, Cruz, Gammarra, Brechet, Helveg

===============================

I just don't think Zav will bench Adriano-Stankovic and Vieri
    I prefer Karagounis on VDM position, but he should be rested after the last game, we have excellent other players which are fresh...

I really believe zac will field helveg, I prefer Kily, but Kily need to be rested as well... he played really well on benfica's game..
    If Kily doesn't play I would field brechet or pasquale, but zac will play his star helveg on this game..

C Zanetti will be excellent but he can take a rest, as another excellent DM plays...

lamouchi is a no no...

Oba is great paired with Vieri or Cruz...
    perhaps our triange should be like this..

------------------- Kara

----------- Oba ----- Vieri (Cruz)

and -------------------------------

--------------- Recoba

----------- Adriano --- Vieri (Cruz)

Stan or Emre should play at Pirlo's position.. as a moredefensive ball distributor.. Kara could do the same, but we will have to rotate our players to keep their fitness...

I don't think Recoba is a true treq..., he needs help of a player like Karagounis, Emre or Stankovic...
    Just watch Benfica's game... he's much more effective when a player like Karagounis distribute the ball from the middle, and recoba is helping the two strikers creating great play upfront..., we have excellent attacks...

(when he played ancona, he's doing great, but we saw individual efforts rather than team plays, since recoba didn't too well in the midfield, he could chase the balls, win the balls, but he's not too excellent in that position..)..

recoba and another playmaker makes everyone looks good..