Thread: Marcello Lippi

Fav. Player
    c. zanetti

Finland

Marcello Lippi

hi. this is a thread for the old and gold inter fans, the ones who were there to witness the era of lippi. i have some questions to ask:

first of all he seems really close with juventus, and coached them before and after us, so how and why did he coach inter? how did juve fans feel about it etc?

2nd thing, he did really well with juve the two times and won the world cup with italy, but he failed badly with inter, why? was it on purpose?

3rd thing, i heard he had problems with the great roberto baggio.

so basically i just made this thread to ask stories about lippi's inter because i'm really curious. so if anyone has answers about those questions or any anecdotes or comments on the lippi era, please share. thanks a lot.

cheers.

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Indonesia

1. He was replaced by ancelotti in mid season 98/99, then Moratti choose him to be Inter coach for 99/00 season. Moratti basically handed full transfer autorithy to his hand. He bought players like Vieri, Jugovic, Peruzzi, Paulo Sousa, Laurent Blanc, Christian Panucci, etc.
    2. He started off pretty good (vs verona 3-0, and 5-1 vs parma). But injury problems (ronaldo, vieri, etc) came and we all know the story.
    3. Problems with baggio already started since they both at jube. Lippi prefer del piero to him.

I still remember he once said before he came to coach Inter that he will made Recoba to be Inter's Zidane

3. Thanks (1): newbie

Fav. Player
    c. zanetti

Finland

Quote Originally Posted by Vintage View Post
    1. He was replaced by ancelotti in mid season 98/99, then Moratti choose him to be Inter coach for 99/00 season. Moratti basically handed full transfer autorithy to his hand. He bought players like Vieri, Jugovic, Peruzzi, Paulo Sousa, Laurent Blanc, Christian Panucci, etc.
    2. He started off pretty good (vs verona 3-0, and 5-1 vs parma). But injury problems (ronaldo, vieri, etc) came and we all know the story.
    3. Problems with baggio already started since they both at jube. Lippi prefer del piero to him.

I still remember he once said before he came to coach Inter that he will made Recoba to be Inter's Zidane
    thanks a lot man. so i mean he had no problem crossing divides and coaching rivals even though he was really close with juve? and then how did he go back to juve and act like a die hard juventino? and i hear juve fans love him so how is that possible even though he coached inter.

you say injury problems came and we all know the story, but i don't know the story please share. i heard we were unsuccessful but i want details if possible.

what was his preferred starting line up? was he really passionate about inter and tried to beat juve and stuff? i mean i'm sorry if i come off as a reporter or a nagger but i just want to know anything possible about the whole tension surrounding his time and all the details from people that experienced it.

thanks. cheers.

Fav. Player
    Emma Watson

Tokelau

Lippi for jubentino is like Mourinho for interisti. He started well but then falling apart with the team and he started the second season like Gasperini did. Then MM fired him. He didn't just fall apart with Baggio. He changed the team all over but the team he made was not a winning team. He sold Youri Djorkaeff and Diego Simeone. The sale of Diego Simeone to Lazio was one of Inter's biggest mistake in the history. He moved to Lazio and everyone knew what happened 5/5/2002 and who was the antagonist to Inter's Epic Fail. Apart from that, Inter's legendary captain, Bergomi, retired also that year when Lippi arrived, there was a transition to leadership. I don't know if he did it on purpose, but you can actually notice the difference in the way he managed Jube and Inter.
    FC INTERNAZIONALE

I thought football in Italy had changed, but it seems that a zebra never changes its stripes.
    FAK GOBBY

6. Thanks (1): newbie

Fav. Player
    c. zanetti

Finland

Quote Originally Posted by edwongso View Post
    Lippi for jubentino is like Mourinho for interisti.
    exactly. so would inter fans still love mourinho if he coaches juve? this is what is weird to me. anyway thanks for the other info, highly appreciated.

if anyone else has any comments please share. i'm actually surprised tbh that more people didn't reply!

Fav. Player
    Emma Watson

Tokelau

Unlike Mou, When Lippi left Jube, he wasn't doing well with Jube. So, I guess the feeling for Jubentino to see Lippi left wasn't as hard as we saw Mou left. Plus, u know, jubentino are never really die-hard fans.
    FC INTERNAZIONALE

I thought football in Italy had changed, but it seems that a zebra never changes its stripes.
    FAK GOBBY

Fav. Player
    c. zanetti

Finland

is that all what you guys have to say?

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

South Africa

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Piece of shit juventino, that is all.
    Forza Inter per sempre!!!!
    Jose responding after the derby:"We could only have lost by having six people on the park, as even with seven, we would have won. "
    New Domain name
    www.forzainterforums.com

Fav. Player
    c. zanetti

Finland

i'm sorry i must have picked the wrong place to ask. you people obviously know very little about the matter. thanks anyway.

Fav. Player
    Mauro Icardi

Bulgaria

Marcello Lippi interviewed on Gazzetta dello Sport spoke about the Italian Serie A. He also had some thoughts about the Nerazzurri:

“Inter? They’re a bit of a mystery, but it seems that Pioli has found the right track. I like Pioli, he’s wise and he's giving the team the solidity that was missing.

“There was no balance before and they didn’t know how to control games. Now there are also players that are improving, who previously had no feeling with the other coaches, namely Banega and Brozovic.

“Then there’s Icardi, who has found the back of the net regularly and is world-class."

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

Brazil

71 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    The dick said he felt like a Juventino when he coached us and sold most of our good player before the second season and kicked Baggio out of the club.
    PUT CRESPO IN LGI

14. Thanks (1): WLEXT