Ashley Young

Rate the player

• 9 - Will be one of the club legends, and become one of the best players in the world of their era

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 8 - A player of very good quality, who will add much to the team, one of the best nationalwise

• 2 - Close to a useless player, who will add nothing to the team besides filling the CL quota

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ADRossi

Administrator
Administrator
10 years of FIF
Forum Supporter
MILAN – Ashley Young is officially an Inter player. The 34-year-old English defender arrives from Manchester United and has signed a contract lasting until 30 June 2020 with an option to extend for a further season.

“I want to become a professional footballer.” Ashley Young certainly had no need to repeat himself. He was just 16 years old, but readily admitted to his teacher at school that he had no plan B. Instead, his whole life was football ever since he joined the Stevenage Colts aged five, his local football team in the same town where Lewis Hamilton grew up, with both stars attending the same school.

But fast cars weren’t a priority for Ashley: for him it was all about football. Whether that was playing on the street with his brothers until it got dark, or in the living room, using the sofa as a goal. He used to dream of being as great as Ian Wright, the legendary Arsenal centre-forward. When he was ten, he jumped at the chance to train with Watford’s youth academy. Every day, he’d travel 40km there and 40km back, right up until the age 16. This was his first real test as a player and adolescent. It was also his first taste of being a part-time footballer, as he would attend school in the mornings before then training in the afternoon with Watford’s Under-16s and Under-17s. All the while, adults tried to explain to him that he should think of alternatives to football, although Young was determined throughout – a characteristic that has set him apart throughout his career.

This soon led to him making his debut at Watford, sealing promotion to the Premier League before then becoming Aston Villa’s most expensive signing in 2007. He was relentless, whether that be on the wing or in attack. Sir Alex Ferguson soon came calling in 2011 and since his move to the Red Devils, he made 261 appearances and scored 19 goals. His United honours’ list also includes one Premier League (2012/13, Sir Alex’s last league title), one FA Cup, one League Cup, three Community Shields and one Europa League.

As a speedy and skilful winger, he’s good at crossing and can beat a man. However, as he’s matured, so has his game, as he’s become increasingly defensive. An example of this has been his time spent at wing-back in a five-man midfield – a role embraced to such an extent that he was named as the best left-back at the 2018 World Cup.

Young now becomes the third English player to ever play for Inter, following in the footsteps of Gerry Hitchens and Paul Ince. The former played for Inter as a striker from 1961 to 1963, scoring 20 goals in 43 appearances while also winning one Scudetto. As for the Guv’nor, Ince spent two seasons at Inter from 1995 to 1997, making 73 appearances with a goalscoring tally of 13. As for Young’s international career, he’s scored seven goals in 39 matches for the Three Lions.

As a keen campaigner against racism, Young has led from the front for Manchester United – recently wearing the captain’s armband for the past three seasons. However, he’s now ready for a new adventure and on behalf of the entire Nerazzurri family, we’d like to wish our new signing all the very best.

#WelcomeAshley!

https://www.inter.it/en/news/2020/01/17/official-ashley-young-inter-player.html

Nero Indigo

Capitano
Capitano
Favorite Player
Vieri*
Forum Supporter
10 years of FIF
Y'all should welcome our ONLY signing of the winter transfer window :lol: :lol: :lol:

CafeCordoba

Favorite Player
Toro, Barella
10 years of FIF
Welcome! Don't let us down. Make us use the option for the extension year! :lol:

Delicate

Capitano
Capitano
Run like a horse for half a year and then please leave room for Meunier.

crzdcolombian

La Grande Inter
La Grande Inter
Favorite Player
Cryptozo d King
10 years of FIF
Will he be the new Naga and Vecino? That gets all the hate regardless of performance?

Bizarre signing

Il Drago

Favorite Player
Wesley Sneijder
Best Football Poster
Best Overall Poster
Great choice of Young to choose #15. I guess he will follow in the footsteps of other great Inter players who chose that number.

Olivier Dacourt. Rene Krhin. Andrea Ranocchia. Vidic. Ansaldi.
Joao Mario. :lol:

Tursan

Primavera
Primavera
Favorite Player
Barella
Welcome! Given the competition in our squad I expect you to start...

Jane The Virgin

Capitano
Capitano
Favorite Player
Barella
Old username
the dude
10 years of FIF
A very Patrice Evra @ Juve type of transfer.

Nothing against it to be honest. He is quality player. For ~15 games he should be good.

alvaro

Capitano
Capitano
Favorite Player
IBRA,ADRI,CHINO
10 years of FIF
Nice 5 month holiday in the city of Milan and hopefully thats it.

acroMacho

Prima Squadra
Prima Squadra
Favorite Player
Skriniar
who cares about his age, he will be forever Young

ElDiego22

Capitano
Capitano
Favorite Player
D.Milito
Rather him than Sicknotezzola but this feel so uninspired.

brakbrak

Allenatore
Allenatore
Favorite Player
Christian Vieri
10 years of FIF
Fucking scrub,sadly we might be signing only scrubs this mercato (him and giroud)
Anyone knows what his salary is?

ElDiego22

Capitano
Capitano
Favorite Player
D.Milito
What I am feeling right now
c38419e91254b156901c967bf6862df7.jpg

Guz

Prima Squadra
Prima Squadra
Favorite Player
Škriniar
Welcome, I guess.
Honestly, I'm not enthused by any of the wingbacks we've been linked to in this mercato, and Young makes no exception. I realise you can't be picky in January - especially when you're on a tight budged - but all these rumours for the WBs positions (both in and out) give me the feeling that we're just throwing shit against the walls in hopes some of it may stick. I can live with it as a short term solution, but I insist we should do whatever we can to take Meunier on a free for next season. Big Rom, put in a nice word, will you? And if we can't get the Belgian, we'll still need to sign at least one really good starting WB for next season. Assuming we'll stick with the 3-5-2 formation, that is.

As for Young, he could have easily signed the extension United offered him. The fact that he opted instead for a 6-months loan in a new Country and a new league during which he will have to earn himself a contract for next season at least shows a good degree of self-esteem on his part. But I didn't expect anything less from someone who was once shat in the mouth by a pigeon and still carried on playing as if nothing had happened. Anyway, we probably decided to sign him because Asamoah is so fucked up that our medical staff has lost all hope on him. I also think we wanted someone more experienced (at high levels) than Biraghi on the left, so I expect Young to play quite regularly until the end of the season.

Pajo

Favorite Player
Sergio Aguero!
10 years of FIF
Welcome. Not hyped at all but im open to surprises so surprise me. At least he is versatile and cheap.

Lui

Capitano
Capitano
Favorite Player
Squad Depth
If this fuck has the legs and the balls to move forward on the pitch, hes gonna be our new favourite player.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

GenDire

Prima Squadra
Prima Squadra
Didn't he only play on the right at United?

Seems less sensible if he is coming here just to replace Lazaro and give competition to Candreva

brehme1989

La Grande Inter
La Grande Inter
10 years of FIF
Nostradamus
Most Passionate Member
Lol what a transfer