10 years of FIF
Transfer Guru
Lets win dis!

Derby d'Italia

COPPA ITALIA Semi Finals 2nd Leg
09 Feb 2021 - 20:45 CET (19:45 GMT)
First Leg: Inter 1-2 Mafia

juventus-inter-milan-600x400-1.jpg

I am half expecting FIGC to help Rube out by suspending Lukaku for another game.

Last edited:

brehme1989

La Grande Inter
La Grande Inter
10 years of FIF
Nostradamus
Most Passionate Member
Early goal and concede no stupid goals, please. This is doable.

koba

Primavera
Primavera
Favorite Player
Roberto Baggio
Are Vidal and Sanchez suspended?

Il Drago

Favorite Player
Wesley Sneijder
Best Football Poster
Best Overall Poster
I am curious who's gonna start in midfield. Under normal circumstances Gagliardini would definitely start. But when you need at least 2 goals starting G5 makes no sense. I would go for this:

Handanovic
Skriniar - De Vrij - Bastoni
Hakimi - Barella - Eriksen - Brozovic - Perisic
Lukaku - Lautaro

Bluenine

La Grande Inter
La Grande Inter
Favorite Player
Zanetti
10 years of FIF
Transfer Guru
I am curious who's gonna start in midfield. Under normal circumstances Gagliardini would definitely start. But when you need at least 2 goals starting G5 makes no sense. I would go for this:

Handanovic
Skriniar - De Vrij - Bastoni
Hakimi - Barella - Eriksen - Brozovic - Perisic
Lukaku - Lautaro

I don't think starting both Brozo and Eriksen will work against a top team. Barella works best when he is allowed the freedom to attack, so he will be and should be the most advanced of the 3 midfielders. I wouldn't mind we try this midfield against some small teams, but Eriksen-Brozo feels not physically imposing enough for a game like this. There is a danger of our midfield getting overrun.

I think Conte has to pick one of Erkisen or Brozo to start. In the 2nd half, depending on the situation, we could throw caution to the wind.

- - - Updated - - -

Early goal and concede no stupid goals, please. This is doable.

1-0 win for us is not good enough, as they scored 2 away goals. We need to score at least 2 goals.

Eddie

Capitano
Capitano
Are the yellows is gonna affect us for the final if anyone else is booked? Or they wiped out??

brehme1989

La Grande Inter
La Grande Inter
10 years of FIF
Nostradamus
Most Passionate Member
1-0 win for us is not good enough, as they scored 2 away goals. We need to score at least 2 goals.
Where did I say that 1-0 is enough?

Il Drago

Favorite Player
Wesley Sneijder
Best Football Poster
Best Overall Poster
I don't think starting both Brozo and Eriksen will work against a top team. Barella works best when he is allowed the freedom to attack, so he will be and should be the most advanced of the 3 midfielders. I wouldn't mind we try this midfield against some small teams, but Eriksen-Brozo feels not physically imposing enough for a game like this. There is a danger of our midfield getting overrun.

I think Conte has to pick one of Erkisen or Brozo to start. In the 2nd half, depending on the situation, we could throw caution to the wind

I agree starting both Brozovic and Eriksen could be too risky against top teams but we are in a tough situation. We need goals. If Gagliardini starts, i am afraid we will waste the first half and we can't afford it. We know how limited he can be. Under normal circumstances Sensi should start but i don't know if he can play for more than 20-30 minutes.

Tamirk

Capitano
Capitano
With hakimi and lukaku we can do it, we better, they just used 2 fucking gift we give them, if we not make this kind of mistakes again we got this, and also let hope with all our hearts that conte no start gags..

Batman

La Grande Inter
La Grande Inter
Favorite Player
Icardi
10 years of FIF
Starting Gag would be a total bow down to Juventus

brakbrak

Allenatore
Allenatore
Favorite Player
Christian Vieri
10 years of FIF
No excuse, we have 1 extra day of rest than juve whos playing today against a tougher opponent. Some people here thought FIGC wanted to fuck us over but I'm glad we got that extra rest to prepare against these fuckers.

Unfortunately though Gag will most likely start with Vidal's absence and he does what he does best; nothing. Eriksen will probably come in the 78th min when we are trailing 1-0.

We also need that fucktard Lukaku and Lautaro to be on their best performance as Sanchez is also suspended.

All in all, not expecting much despite the extra day of rest.

kurt0411

Capitano
Capitano
Lol wtf is up with this FIGC doing us a favor cos we played yesterday...like what? It’s the total opposite, they tried to fuck us over...there was no need to play the game on Friday. Sure it’s worked out but pretty sure Conte would have rather played Saturday

Besnik

La Grande Inter
La Grande Inter
10 years of FIF
If we show only a little bit of awareness up front, we will have no problem knocking them out. We lost the game ourselves in the first leg, but there is still room to bounce back because they are pretty garbage and if we perform only at 50% of how we did against them in the league match, then it's gonna be a job done.

However, this is easier said than done, but I believe our team can comeback. We have a lot energy, but sadly our character is a little bit fragile, and if we can get over it, then we can do this.

Hopefully we will see our best line-up possible. It would be nice to go through, and eventually win the Coppa.

Bluenine

La Grande Inter
La Grande Inter
Favorite Player
Zanetti
10 years of FIF
Transfer Guru
Bonucci is injured. Now I am worried.

RickyMaravilla'sRightFoot

Allenatore
Allenatore
Favorite Player
Marotta
We haven't put ourselves in a great position after the first leg. This scoreline is poised for Juve to sit deep and frustrate us. Playing someone like Gagliardini, who couldn't help us unlock a defense if they were holding his wife and son captive, will only exacerbate the problem. Sensi surely isn't in any condition to start. Eriksen will likely play the Sanchez role in this one. I just hope he gets into the game in the 55-60th minute instead of the 78th minute and we switch to 4 atb if we need to break them down.

I actually think we're a better team than these scum but idk.. I think they have enough experience to know how to see out a result like this. Just hope we make their lives difficult, making them sweat at the end if nothing. Still, it's very doable if we come out switched on like we were in the league game.

croazia

Primavera
Primavera
Favorite Player
Fans. Duh!
If the players are not sure what to do just listen what Conte is saying

Bluenine

La Grande Inter
La Grande Inter
Favorite Player
Zanetti
10 years of FIF
Transfer Guru
I actually think we're a better team than these scum but idk.. I think they have enough experience to know how to see out a result like this. Just hope we make their lives difficult, making them sweat at the end if nothing. Still, it's very doable if we come out switched on like we were in the league game.

Juve squad is better than ours. Even a cursory look at both squads will tell you as much. They have spent 100s of millions more than us, and its shows. We got some big names for cheap/returned (Sanchez, Vidal, Eriksen, Kolarov, Young, Perisic) which makes our squad look good on paper, but some (if not all) of these are way past their best. Also we have some serious holes in our squad (eg LWB) which to a neutral don't show (Young, Perisic) but we Inter fans know better.

The only reason we have a shot at the Scudetto this season is coz Juve have a rookie coach who is still finding his style. Juve are like playing in 2nd gear, we are playing close to our top gear. If they hit form, they will run away with the title. Last month of so, despite their defeat to Inter, they are starting to look like a team.

Lets not get ahead of ourselves. Juve are still the favourites for the title, just like they start as favourites to advance to the final of the coppa. The next month will be crucial for the Scudetto race, as both Juve and Inter have some big games. If we are still ahead of Juve by mid-March and are collecting points at the same pace, then we will be favourites.

Sorry, I know this is not what you were talking about and perhaps this is not the best thread to discuss the scudetto race. I will copy-paste this in the appropriate thread.

Last edited:

brakbrak

Allenatore
Allenatore
Favorite Player
Christian Vieri
10 years of FIF
Bookies think otherwise, though. We have a much more experienced and expensive coach plus juve has CL to play so I'd think we are the favourite but we'll probably manage to choke.

Candreva Crosses

Allenatore
Allenatore
Favorite Player
Sheik Salman
Old username
EEeyOO
Has Gagliardini bought his Juve tickets yet so he can watch the game?

Batman

La Grande Inter
La Grande Inter
Favorite Player
Icardi
10 years of FIF
I see some people are fine (mostly Conte fans) if we lose this. But in reality getting eliminated by a rival who havent been more beatable nowadays for obvious reasons, is as unacceptable as finishing fourth in CL group stage.

Excuses like “we have to focus on Serie A” is pathetic when Juve have BOTH Serie A and CL to fight for. Not mentioning the fact we are literally two games away from winning the trophy, I dont know how that will affect our concentration toward the 18 games left in the league.

What’s an even more pathetic excuse is the usual “Juve are still favorites to win Serie A and Coppa :eek:blivious:”. Disgusting mentality injected by Conte in some of the fans.