Inter - Crotone (3 Jan 21) [6-2]

koba

Primavera
Primavera
Favorite Player
Roberto Baggio
First game in 2021, Give us 8th WIN in a row :slick:.

bubba zanetti

Allenatore
Allenatore
Favorite Player
Chino Recoba
A must win,this and Sampdoria cause we are destined to fail against Roma and Rube.

Bluenine

La Grande Inter
La Grande Inter
Favorite Player
Zanetti
10 years of FIF
Transfer Guru
8 in a row pls.

We have won 7 games in a row 3 times in the last decade, with Stramaccioni, Pioli and Spalletti. But the last coach to win 8 in a row was Mourinho. Lets win this to herald a symbolic return to greatness as a club. Its about fucking time.

brakbrak

Allenatore
Allenatore
Favorite Player
Christian Vieri
10 years of FIF
Will be an easy win anything less than a 2 goal deficit is embarrassing. But again, we only won by 1 against the mighty spezia

Ethor

Allenatore
Allenatore
Favorite Player
Still here!
Forum Supporter
Just a reminder, in the US the match is on @6:30am on ESPN2.

Broseph Stalin

Prima Squadra
Prima Squadra
Favorite Player
Francesco Toldo
Just a reminder, in the US the match is on @6:30am on ESPN2.
Is California still part of the US or did we already secede from this stupid country? In any case, it’s @3:30am for us here :/

Bergpavian

Capitano
Capitano
Favorite Player
Vieri, Baggio
Forum Supporter
10 years of FIF
8 in a row pls.

We have won 7 games in a row 3 times in the last decade, with Stramaccioni, Pioli and Spalletti. But the last coach to win 8 in a row was Mourinho. Lets win this to herald a symbolic return to greatness as a club. Its about fucking time.

Already forgot the runs of Pioli and Spalletti ... Or that Stramaccioni won 10 games in a row in Serie A and EL ... They gave us so much hope ...

Last edited:

IM21

La Grande Inter
La Grande Inter
there was a voting from Serie A coaches and 11 out of 16 said Inter will be the champion, including Pioli, Gattuso, Gasperini and Inzaghi X2. Juve and Milan both got 1 vote.... Damn, they trying to jinx us

Bluenine

La Grande Inter
La Grande Inter
Favorite Player
Zanetti
10 years of FIF
Transfer Guru
there was a voting from Serie A coaches and 11 out of 16 said Inter will be the champion, including Pioli, Gattuso, Gasperini and Inzaghi X2. Juve and Milan both got 1 vote.... Damn, they trying to jinx us

The bookies have us as the favourites too. Unless Juve start playing close to their capability, we are the favourites for the Scudetto. Its time we stop being afraid to admit that.

_OC_

Capitano
Capitano
Favorite Player
Matrix
Forum Supporter
10 years of FIF
The bookies have us as the favourites too. Unless Juve start playing close to their capability, we are the favourites for the Scudetto. Its time we stop being afraid to admit that.

Only a couple of days ago you proclaimed we needed two bonafide starters PLUS collateral to make the title challenge serious, which is just as ludicrous as Marotta claiming that top four is the goal.

This club as a whole needs to wake up and smell the coffee, and be true to what the sole objective is here; we’ve got no Europe, Juventus are self-destructing and the only real other contender is a Pioli-led team with an average age of about eleven years.

The news out of China about our finances or lack thereof are worrying (yet again), but they shouldn’t distract from the fact that we dug our own economic hole by;
1) keeping someone who was being publicly illoyal to the club and had not won any sikverware to the tune of 12 million for the next two years on as the headcoach, which more or less directly led to...
2) crashing out of Europe, which more than anything offsets whatever shortsighted penny-savings Suning had in mind when they kept Conte on board.
3) Marotta’s complete failings on the transfermarket. I don’t even need to lists the many misgivings of our dear sporting director, which has cost us millions, both in terms of not managing to cash out on assets (Nainggolan, Perisic), but also in terms of bringing on assets which have more or less stagnated or won’t have any value (Eriksen, Kolarov, Young), we have failed where everyone thought this much-lauded man would succeed without much of a sweat.

Still, considering all the many, many favorable outcomes that have happened around us, the team is more than enough to be the one and only challenger for the title this year. We might have to offload deaweight to neutralize the on-goings in China and some of the Corona-losses (Eriksen and Perisic look like surefire sacrifices), but deadweight isn’t central to the immediate challenge. Conte might scream and shout all he wants about the Alonsos and Pavolettis of this world, but facts are, this team right now, even if we can’t afford to bring on any single player and all that will happen in the market is outgoing, is good enough to win the title.

Enough excuses.

Last edited:

Batman

La Grande Inter
La Grande Inter
Favorite Player
Icardi
10 years of FIF
Can’t believe Crotone’s emblem is still in my avatar. Thanks to them (and Vecino) we are finally back in Europe.

ArmaLetale

Primavera
Primavera
Old username
HernanCrespo
Aight, it's time we lose. 8th in a row is too much for us. :work:

RickyMaravilla'sRightFoot

Allenatore
Allenatore
Favorite Player
CARLOS
Aight, it's time we lose. 8th in a row is too much for us. :work:

Dropping points to the worst team in the league after Christmas holiday does seem like a very inter thing to do... but I think we'll have too much quality for them in this case and scrape by with a narrow 1-0 win (D'Ambrosio).

Universe

Forum Supporter
10 years of FIF
FIF Special Ones
Most Humorous Member
Dropping points to the worst team in the league after Christmas holiday does seem like a very inter thing to do...

That's exactly why we'll do it.

I predict a 1-1 draw. Own goal for us by our youth product goalkeeper Alex Cordaz, then a 95th minute Crotone equalizer also from Cordaz after he joins the attack for a stoppage time corner kick.

diamen

Capitano
Capitano
Favorite Player
Lord Darmian
In my opinion Crotone is the worst team in the league, they lack football quality. It should be easy win. There are only two dangerous players there. One is left wingback, Arkadiusz Reca, who is very dynamic player, but should be covered easily by Hakimi who is faster. Another one is Junior Messias who is very technical player who can easily dribble few players and create a scoring chance by his own.

By the way, Junior Messias is 29 years old, but just few years ago he was an amateur player who was working in the household products shop.

forzainter257

Allenatore
Allenatore
Favorite Player
Lautaro
2:0 is just ok. No need for trashing them, they are yet to play against our rivals so it's better not to dishearten them.

Sawyer

Capitano
Capitano
Favorite Player
Dimarco
10 years of FIF
Forum Supporter
3 points is 3 points, of course I want the team to play well and dominate but I'll take a 3-2 win from 2-0 down for 80mins for all I care, 3 points is the aim.

We pretty damn good at collecting those 3 points too...

Well, thats nice.

Ed.

SCUDETTO 2021
La Grande Inter
Favorite Player
Doina Turcanu
Forum Supporter
10 years of FIF
3 points is 3 points, of course I want the team to play well and dominate but I'll take a 3-2 win from 2-0 down for 80mins for all I care, 3 points is the aim.

We pretty damn good at collecting those 3 points too...

Well, thats nice.

3 points is 3 points but 3 points need 3 Greggs bakes. come back to the group!