The Hip Hop Thread

Gaetan

Capitano
Capitano
Joined
Jul 8, 2004
Messages
3,513
Likes
5
10 years of FIF
Handoyo said:
Pat! Have you heard of Jay-Z's album called 'The Dynasty'? Is that his new album or what? :confused: I thought 'The Black Album' was gonna be his last? :wth:

Do you mean "Roc La Familia; The Dynasty"? that CD is old, probably was released in 1999 or 2000.

Guy, great choices! I also love alternative and happen to be a huge fan of the Fugees. As a matter of fact, Wyclef is from my country and my dad had the pleasure of meeting him. From what I've seen and heard, he's a pretty cool down to earth guy. Never forgets where he came from and isn't ashamed to represent his country, like some other of these closet Haitians are in the music industry. Btw, Lauryn Hill is the best female lyricist ever IMO. Absolute class, from her "If I Ruled The World" hit single with Nas to her solo album after the Fugees break-up.

I like hip-hop, my fav artists are Dr Dre, Xzibit, 50 Cent, DMX, some of LL Cool J. Lloyd Banks cd is not bad at all, same for Obie Trice

Dr Dre and LL Cool J are legends. DMX had potential but never really followed up his debut album the way some people had hoped, same for Xzhibit who just fell of the charts. Lloyd Banks is a genuis, would rip anyone in a freestyle. 50 Cent is horrible though, bro.

G,G,G,G G-UNIT
Ha, those guys are clowns. Horrible, exactly what's wrong with Hip Hop these days. Lloyd banks is class, though. Big ups!

2 Pac i a legend a thats it
we dont have to discuss more
fock mobb deep, **** BIGGIE, **** bad boys
HIT'EM UP
Mobb Deep? two words; Shook Ones. Awesome!
 

Khalifa

Capitano
Capitano
Joined
Jun 24, 2005
Messages
1,894
Likes
1
Favorite Player
R.Baggio
About time...ive been off this thing for a while now..you people are going to have to update me on serious good shit.
 

minterke

Allenatore
Allenatore
Joined
May 5, 2005
Messages
7,657
Likes
6
Favorite Player
99
Been listenin' to alot of Nas, Talib, Common ... shit like that. (I talks gangsta in the Hip-Hop thread).

I just listend to Destroy & Rebuild from Nas where he, for the first time, disses Prodigy, Havoc, Nature and other friends from QB (Queensbridge). I can understand that he disses Prodigy cuz he reps that hes from QB but he ain't but I don't get all the other shit he talks about can anyone here inform me? :D Big fan of Mobb and Nas though by the way especially the shit they did together.

The Biggie Duets was a good CD that came out recently...brought tears to my eyes. Especially Hold Ya Head - Featuring Bob Marley....song is kind of a message to Biggie's mother.

fock mobb deep, **** BIGGIE, **** bad boys
HIT'EM UP

lol good shit bro...lemme hit you wit one:

You a fan, a phony, a fake, a pussy, a Stan
I still whip your ass, you thirty-six in a karate class
You Tae-bo hoe, tryna' work it out, you tryna' get brolic?

...
Put it together, I rock hoes, y'all rock fellas
And now y'all try to take my spot, fellas?
Philly's hot rock fellas, put you in a dry spot, fellas
In a pine box with nine shots from my glock, fellas

Some of you on this board may not like Nas...I don't know why. He is the last rapper from the 90s thats still keeping it real and still flowing.

Peace
 

Khalifa

Capitano
Capitano
Joined
Jun 24, 2005
Messages
1,894
Likes
1
Favorite Player
R.Baggio
Your right about that..Nas was living in the era of the big icons. He has a completely orginal style, a great way of breaking a rhyme down and not to forget his amazing nasal raping voice.

His performance dropped weirdly after illmatic until god's son and stillmatic came out. All in out, all his albums had a couple of greats songs.

Mobb deep x listed themselves and their gangsta image by signing with g-unit, i dont care how many " nothing like home" or " quiet storms" they do.
 

Handoyo

Administrator
Administrator
Joined
Mar 4, 2004
Messages
25,084
Likes
49
Forum Supporter
10 years of FIF
Most Important Member
I've almost completely lost my interest in this genre of music. :D No idea why, maybe I'm just sick and tired of the same old "guns, sex, violence, money, wannabe-gangsta" gimmicks all over and over again; although, yes, there are still some artists who doesn't fall into that category.

Even my favorite rapper, Kanye West, seems to let those successes get on his head and I think he's more arrogant these days compared to the past.
 

Miki

Capitano
Capitano
Joined
Mar 5, 2004
Messages
4,627
Likes
16
Favorite Player
Javier Zanetti
Handoyo said:
I've almost completely lost my interest in this genre of music. :D No idea why, maybe I'm just sick and tired of the same old "guns, sex, violence, money, wannabe-gangsta" gimmicks all over and over again; although, yes, there are still some artists who doesn't fall into that category.
At long last!

Does that mean I'm never going to have to sit and listen to Hip Hop when you're driving again, ever? :D

Ciao,
Tim
 

UhUhOleguer

Capitano
Capitano
Joined
Aug 6, 2005
Messages
2,573
Likes
4
Favorite Player
Il Capitano &am
Prodigy dissed Nas on some song and hit at him with subliminal rhymes..that's why.
The new Mobb Deep album will be great, just like the new Nas album.

Nas on Def jam will be the shit....he gonna have the best producers around and make another illmatic.
 

Khalifa

Capitano
Capitano
Joined
Jun 24, 2005
Messages
1,894
Likes
1
Favorite Player
R.Baggio
UhUhOleguer said:
Prodigy dissed Nas on some song and hit at him with subliminal rhymes..that's why.
The new Mobb Deep album will be great, just like the new Nas album.

Nas on Def jam will be the shit....he gonna have the best producers around and make another illmatic.

What song are you referring to that prodigy dissed nas?? I dont recall that...

Mobb deeps new album must be really really really good to attract all those people that got mad at them with their g unit incorportation...example me.
Not that im so mad, but i dont like originality to be mixed with commercialism.
 

Gaetan

Capitano
Capitano
Joined
Jul 8, 2004
Messages
3,513
Likes
5
10 years of FIF
Handoyo said:
I've almost completely lost my interest in this genre of music. :D No idea why, maybe I'm just sick and tired of the same old "guns, sex, violence, money, wannabe-gangsta" gimmicks all over and over again; although, yes, there are still some artists who doesn't fall into that category.

Even my favorite rapper, Kanye West, seems to let those successes get on his head and I think he's more arrogant these days compared to the past.

It's taken you that long to get sick of the gangsta image? I'm sorry, but if you think that the stuff out right now is worst then last year or the past few years, then your terribly wrong. The rap game died down about a year after the Black Album, but there are seriously some talented artist right now. Just to name a few: Lupe Fiasco, Papoose, Common, Talib Kweli for the conscious, lyrically demanding type like me. But even mainstream has a few decent one's that even I listen to like Young Jeezy, TI and Lil Wayne. Just listen to their album(s).

But, that being said and with all due respect, I sense that you never really got into Hip Hop for the right reasons. Just my opinion from what I read. Sad to hear that you don't appreciate the good that is left, but watching BET videos these days, can't blame you much.

Oh, and Kanye has really become an ass clown. I've seriously soured on him as much as you have.
 

Choppin Onions

La Grande Inter
La Grande Inter
Joined
Aug 16, 2004
Messages
11,628
Likes
3,291
Favorite Player
Skriniar
Forum Supporter
10 years of FIF
BET will make you lose all respect for Hip-Hop. I have the channel but I haven't watched it in ages due to the sickening amount of bubble-gum rap being shown.

I'm eagerly awaiting for my Crooked I album, though how long I'll have to wait is still up in the air. :(
 

snake

La Grande Inter
La Grande Inter
Joined
Aug 9, 2004
Messages
21,377
Likes
58
10 years of FIF
lol is lil wayne/Jeezy the best you can find Gaetan? :blind:
 

UhUhOleguer

Capitano
Capitano
Joined
Aug 6, 2005
Messages
2,573
Likes
4
Favorite Player
Il Capitano &am
Khalifa said:
What song are you referring to that prodigy dissed nas?? I dont recall that...

Mobb deeps new album must be really really really good to attract all those people that got mad at them with their g unit incorportation...example me.
Not that im so mad, but i dont like originality to be mixed with commercialism.

Nas mentioned 2 songs...one was Mobb Deep with Cormega, the other was a song featuring Nas on America's Nightmare.
 

minterke

Allenatore
Allenatore
Joined
May 5, 2005
Messages
7,657
Likes
6
Favorite Player
99
Khalifa said:
What song are you referring to that prodigy dissed nas?? I dont recall that...

Mobb deeps new album must be really really really good to attract all those people that got mad at them with their g unit incorportation...example me.
Not that im so mad, but i dont like originality to be mixed with commercialism.

It kind of makes them a sellout and if they rep QB then I'm sure NaS would be f0cking flaming at them...ever hear MC Burial (50 diss)? It's good sh1t let me hit you with some lyrics:

Everybody get low niggas
Dedicated to the "**** Nas" coalition
Touch my dome lit, forty-cows flow nigga
Not cows with 4 legs but cows with more lead
That add up more dead, it’s on nigga
I’ma bury ya, niggas don’t want beef they vegetarians
Scared of pussy you climbed out the Cesarean
I’ll push ya grown ass back in ya mother’s womb
You need nine more months, your crew’s got more punks
Rhyme all stuff, ya’ll claim I ain’t sign ya’ll up
If I signed ya’ll, I’m on dust
Yeah we from the same hood but nigga, WHAT ?
When ya’ll was trying to rap, ya’ll was making me proud
But now you ****ed up down on ya luck running ya mouth, man
Why don’t you be a real man say you need a little help
And I might help your ass off the shelf
But No, you being disrespectfull
Thinking son so cool that he won’t check you
Stand down, the king is home
Queens is on, NASDAQ, Dow Jones

....

They say Jada defeated him, Joe to street for him
What’s next, I guess it’s for Nas to ETHER HIM

Ya’ll awaiting the MC Burial, this is ethereal
FM stereo to XM radio...

The shit I highlighted is gold lol
 

snake

La Grande Inter
La Grande Inter
Joined
Aug 9, 2004
Messages
21,377
Likes
58
10 years of FIF
It Was Written, you think you a thug
]You rule the world, I'ma take it in blood
You a Suspect
Ni@@a wit a live niggas rap
I'm sendin' you the Message, ya rhymes are wack
One time for the mind, I'ma make you bow
And I'll prove who's the illest, so Hate Me Now
any1 see the message there? :D

AZ n Corgmega own Nas.

I do me for a G Note, niece, she's yellin Nemo
Mama bear, she there, losin hair cause of the chemo
Every door buzz, little cause see at the peek hole
Swearin he holdin heavy, hidin out from the RICO
Coke sold by Chico out the corner bodega
Him n Bobbito... la familia now finito!
It's deep tho, its like my soul was stole by the repo
Resowed in Carlito, and retold on Teevo
Ice cold wit a ego, dice rolled and somebody's Deebo'd


fk me it doesnt get much better then that, or does it?

You my ni@@a when you hot and when the temperature change
Now we enemies - 'til we entered the grave
When I got signed to Def Jam, I offered you ten grand
You say you didn't want it, then you started actin funny
It started with the cover, of YSB
A picture of The Firm - everyone except me...



"Exquisitely I write, tales of hand to hand sales
which cause, three to life, when all else fails
Some people seek Jesus Christ;
some relax to the seductive mystique of the pipe
And be back, inside the same cell they left
It's sorta like hell or death
Except we still here breathin in the flesh - receiving respect
Yet bein stressed, cause we, threats to society
Solutions are rare, problems are in varities"



But all in all, the song i didnt post here was Beautiful Mind from Cormega, it is one of the besy lyrical songs around.
 

minterke

Allenatore
Allenatore
Joined
May 5, 2005
Messages
7,657
Likes
6
Favorite Player
99
helal25 said:
It Was Written, you think you a thug
]You rule the world, I'ma take it in blood
You a Suspect Ni@@a wit a live niggas rap
I'm sendin' you the Message, ya rhymes are wack
One time for the mind, I'ma make you bow
And I'll prove who's the illest, so Hate Me Now
any1 see the message there? :D

AZ n Corgmega own Nas.

I do me for a G Note, niece, she's yellin Nemo
Mama bear, she there, losin hair cause of the chemo
Every door buzz, little cause see at the peek hole
Swearin he holdin heavy, hidin out from the RICO
Coke sold by Chico out the corner bodega
Him n Bobbito... la familia now finito!
It's deep tho, its like my soul was stole by the repo
Resowed in Carlito, and retold on Teevo
Ice cold wit a ego, dice rolled and somebody's Deebo'd

fk me it doesnt get much better then that, or does it?

You my ni@@a when you hot and when the temperature change
Now we enemies - 'til we entered the grave
When I got signed to Def Jam, I offered you ten grand
You say you didn't want it, then you started actin funny
It started with the cover, of YSB
A picture of The Firm - everyone except me...


"Exquisitely I write, tales of hand to hand sales
which cause, three to life, when all else fails
Some people seek Jesus Christ;
some relax to the seductive mystique of the pipe
And be back, inside the same cell they left
It's sorta like hell or death
Except we still here breathin in the flesh - receiving respect
Yet bein stressed, cause we, threats to society
Solutions are rare, problems are in varities"


But all in all, the song i didnt post here was Beautiful Mind from Cormega, it is one of the besy lyrical songs around.

damn h, that first verse is off the hook that shit is awesome. Who be your favortie artist?
 

Khalifa

Capitano
Capitano
Joined
Jun 24, 2005
Messages
1,894
Likes
1
Favorite Player
R.Baggio
MilanHater said:
BET will make you lose all respect for Hip-Hop. I have the channel but I haven't watched it in ages due to the sickening amount of bubble-gum rap being shown.

I'm eagerly awaiting for my Crooked I album, though how long I'll have to wait is still up in the air. :(

That is one of the things i noticed as well, i never watch videos anyways, but when i first came to canada to and saw that channel, i was shocked.

Gaetan, i dont know about lil wayne and young geezy, jus aint raw enough. I didnt like the whole south scene in general, but with a few exceptions ofcourse.

ive been looking for somethin really outstanding to get me interested again...you guys have any clues?
 

Gaetan

Capitano
Capitano
Joined
Jul 8, 2004
Messages
3,513
Likes
5
10 years of FIF
helal25 said:
lol is lil wayne/Jeezy the best you can find Gaetan? :blind:

Ok, Jeezy might have been a reach, but anyone who listens to The Carter and The Carter II cannot tell me Lil Wayne is as untalented as the other mainstreem guys. His voice is the most annoying out there, I'll give you that.

Gaetan, i dont know about lil wayne and young geezy, jus aint raw enough. I didnt like the whole south scene in general, but with a few exceptions ofcourse.

ive been looking for somethin really outstanding to get me interested again...you guys have any clues?

Look no further then Lupe Fiasco [his debut album comes out April 29th, I think, he's from Chicago and is in Kanye's "Touch the Sky" single) and Papoose (have yet to see a rapper with as sick a punchlines since Jay Z and Nas at their prime).

Go on Limewire and look these two up, it's a must.
 

minterke

Allenatore
Allenatore
Joined
May 5, 2005
Messages
7,657
Likes
6
Favorite Player
99
By the way helal wat be the name of that song from AZ & Cormega?
 

Khalifa

Capitano
Capitano
Joined
Jun 24, 2005
Messages
1,894
Likes
1
Favorite Player
R.Baggio
Anyone here got an ear for D'angelo?
Brown sugar babyyyyy?
 
Top